“Rap doesn’t influence anyone to commit crimes”

Do you believe rap influences the youth to commit crimes?

• Yes

Votes: 143 74.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 25.1%

• Total voters

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Getting a BBL is not a crime and it's not relevant to the thread.

:yeshrug:

Also, Instagram is not the number one reason why women get plastic surgery, they’ve been doing it way before social media, and the true leasing causes of why women get plastic surgery are much deeper than an Instagram app. But these nikkas gotta get they shyt off by any means

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
you said it yourself, the tendency to commit crime is caused far more by socio-economic circumstances. Blaming music is a scapegoat.
Exactly. And if your child is doing illegal or immoral things because they heard it in rap songs, you have failed miserably as a parent. I see posts talking about "well the rappers influence kids on what clothes to wear, cars to drive, etc". If your child can't distinguish between what to wear that's cool versus activities that will get his azz put in prison, then you have failed miserably as a parent.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
I personally don't even think actual "crime" is near the top of rap musics overall affects on the black community.

I think the biggest affect is how it has straight up DESTROYED our image as a collective and that alone has had a detrimental affect on a large number of other things.

Remember: if you destroy a groups image/reputation first, then everything else to marginalize those people becomes easier to do because society has become programmed to view those people as "undesirables" "useless", "bottom feeders of society" "dangerous" "threats" etc.

The world has become programmed to view blacks as dangerous menaces to society.

Rap music is being used to JUSTIFY our overwhelming presence in the prison system. Being used to JUSTIFY police brutality and things like redlining.

Wherever black people go, it's ASSUMED that crime, destruction and dysfunction will follow.

If the government tried to put black people back into slavery tomorrow, the world would feel as if it would be justified.

The world would feel as if society would be better off without the presence of blacks.

That time is coming y'all.

They are conditioning the masses to not feel any sympathy towards blacks when the extermination comes.
So rap music destroyed the image of black people and make white people think we are dangerous and undesirable :heh:

Sir please tell me what white people thought about black folks before rap music.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
White people are the most violent. The media is just used to push propaganda that black people and other minorities are the cause for everything negative in the world. Like someone else said in here. If a kid doesnt have a strong parental figure then the music can influence them along with movies, cartoons,social media etc

Same thing with the alphabet gang trying to reach out to children

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Did the Godfather or Sopranos encourage people to join the mafia? Did Boy George, Will and Grace or Tyler Perry movies encourage dudes to become fags?

Music and all the arts for that matter are just a reflection of what is going on in society. It doesn't make people do anything that they were not already inclined to do. Blaming rap music is just another way for society to blame the Black man for stuff. They used to do the same thing for Blues, Jazz and Rock and Roll. It was easier to blame the Black artists than to just admit that people are inclined to abuse substances or acknowledge that a lot of women are promiscuous. Then all of a sudden it becomes alright when White people start playing that music.
All those old movies had a huge influence. Media beyond music is powerful.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
This post should've ended this conversation but the fact it did not is proof that the people who believe that rap music cause crime do not care about facts, data or evidence. They have an anti rap faith that says no matter what their faith is right.
Why would an outdated graph from 2019 end the conversation? It was after then that dozens of U.S. cities set their murder rate records.

Also just because the murder rate dropped over the decades due to many factors does not mean it’s not still unacceptably high.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Whole first page full of dummies.

Only a community 30+ years past failure thinks like this.

6edabq8g5e491.jpg

I've overcome extreme obstacles. I have a great career and am a family man. I'm now officially educated. I've put people on and help bettered their lives. I had everything stacked against me. So....fukk you.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Because that's the only way they can get additional income breh. Nobody does that shyt for sport. Only fukking nerds believe that shyt

I'm not disagreeing. He just made a statement that only people who are living in extreme poverty are hustling. Its not true...it is what it is :manny:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Ok but were your friends living in a prosperous environment or were they socio-economically deprived.

If you were rolling around in the suburbs with big ass houses and decided to trap anyways, you might have a point. If not, then those individuals were probably feeling the effects of outside forces which impacted their decisions far more than music ever could

Its hard to answer that because of where we were. I guess most of us were lower-middle class to middle class. However, the largest housing project in our neck of the woods was literally across the street from us :manny:

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
How can it possibly be a major factor if the Black crime rate has been falling since 1980? lets deal with FACTS. Whatever "influence" it has is negligible.

How does that address his point its not like black males are the only group who listen to rap. In Fact it's been stated that whites are the primary consumers but it has no impact on the crime rates so if anything you're proving his point. Seems to me like you were just looking for an excuse to post them stats.. talking about black people having a "culture of crime" .... :mjpls:
You are correct but your stats compared to this thread leaves out an important context. That's the problem with gangs and crack during the 80s and 90s. You also make a good point which is correct about whites being the biggest consumers. However, white kids are not saying they relate to it like blacks nor are they saying rap is a product of their environment. I said this several times in this thread. Rap isn't the sole source of black violence but it does play a role. Name another genre of music where artists are getting killed at the same rate as rappers? Also name another genre of music where artists go to different cities to perform and run into conflict with locals. Please answer cause I'm curious.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Ok but were your friends living in a prosperous environment or were they socio-economically deprived.

If you were rolling around in the suburbs with big ass houses and decided to trap anyways, you might have a point. If not, then those individuals were probably feeling the effects of outside forces which impacted their decisions far more than music ever could

Do you lack all sense of boundaries whatsoever? What the fukk made you think a wm's opinion was necessary itt? Like, tf?

Getting a BBL is not a crime and it's not relevant to the thread.

:yeshrug:

I thought the comparison was apt: @GPBear's kinfolk getting rich off encouraging crash dummy type behavior marketed to us and our children as acceptable.

A lot of y'all being disingenuous in here, btw, and I generally fw yall. Do you not see that we're being socially engineered to self destruct?

MasterThought

Superstar
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
So rap music destroyed the image of black people and make white people think we are dangerous and undesirable :heh:

Sir please tell me what white people thought about black folks before rap music.
Media propaganda such as the negative imagery displayed in rap music also makes BLACK PEOPLE think black people are dangerous and undesirable.

It's absolutely insane to me that black people can't understand the ramifications of constantly having the most negative stereotypes of themselves broadcast to the world.

No other group of men would be proud or allow the main imagery of themselves that's shown to the world to be thugs, gangbangers and drugdealers.