Rate this anime day 9: Naruto ( Not Shippuuden)

Rate Naruto ( Not Shippuuden)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
41% of Naruto is filler. That has got to count against it. How can you give an anime a perfect score when almost half of it isn't even real.

Naruto has one arc that is a definite shounen classic - the Chunin exams. but that ends on episode sixty of a two hundred episode show and nothing else comes close to that level. Similar to Bleach peaking in the SS arc and losing all the momentum built up afterwards.

Since we have to seperate Naruto from Shippuden it means we don't get a complete story with Naruto or any of the other ninjas achieving their goals. It just ends on a huge cliffhanger with nothing being resolved.

I'll give it a six off the strength of the Chunin exams, having a ton of unique character personalities and creative abilities, and the OST being memorable. HxH 2011 and FMAB coming around and showing what an ideal shounen adaptation should look like makes it look like trash by comparison.

nominating Hajime no Ippo, Great Teacher Onizuka

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
41% of Naruto is filler. That has got to count against it. How can you give an anime a perfect score when almost half of it isn't even real.

Naruto has one arc that is a definite shounen classic - the Chunin exams. but that ends on episode sixty of a two hundred episode show and nothing else comes close to that level. Similar to Bleach peaking in the SS arc and losing all the momentum built up afterwards.

Since we have to seperate Naruto from Shippuden it means we don't get a complete story with Naruto or any of the other ninjas achieving their goals. It just ends on a huge cliffhanger with nothing being resolved.

I'll give it a six off the strength of the Chunin exams, having a ton of unique character personalities and creative abilities, and the OST being memorable. HxH 2011 and FMAB coming around and showing what an ideal shounen adaptation should look like makes it look like trash by comparison.

yeah 41% filler is straight garbo, but I think 41% filler applies to the entire series

Balla

Superstar
Daps

Man I played that ippo game for the ps2, I think I only made it to the second fight.

:mjlol:

How much filler you think Z has?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Naruto should be rated together with Shippuuden. Same with dragon ball and DBZ.

I give it a 7

All the characters except the main 3 are great. Naruto and especially Sasuke are trash as fukk, naruto's character was ruined in Shippuuden. Sasuke was a fakkit from the very start.

Rock Lee should have been the main protagonist. Lee is the character naruto started out as before they threw the whole underdog aspect out and made him a dragonball z character.
:francis:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
About a 7. Shippuden is much better

Waiting for Bleach, Stein's Gate, and OG Dragon Ball
I’m happy you mentioned steins gate because I’m actually wondering how many coli posters have seen it. I actually have it on my list ( I now have 54 animes so I have to cut four from the list) but stein gate is interesting because I was 50-50 on that.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
FMAB coming around and showing what an ideal shounen adaptation should look like makes it look like trash by comparison.
They dont get any credit for fukking up so bad the first time that they had to remake the whole show.

:hhh:

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
through part 1 it was on a 10 road. halfway through shipudden it blew a flat tire :hhh:

Cantwait

All Star
Daps
Naruto should be rated together with Shippuuden. Same with dragon ball and DBZ.

I give it a 7

All the characters except the main 3 are great. Naruto and especially Sasuke are trash as fukk, naruto's character was ruined in Shippuuden. Sasuke was a fakkit from the very start.

Rock Lee should have been the main protagonist. Lee is the character naruto started out as before they threw the whole underdog aspect out and made him a dragonball z character.
:francis:
Sums up my thoughts perfectly. I give it a 7

It was lit when Kishimoto was ripping off of Togashi and Hunter x Hunter but it fell off as soon as he ran out of material to rip off. :sas2: