Rate this anime day 9: Naruto ( Not Shippuuden)

Rate Naruto ( Not Shippuuden)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
yeah 41% filler is straight garbo

91 episodes of filler. Crazy. There was a good chance when you turned on toonami you'd be watching an episode that didn't even matter.

Man I played that ippo game for the ps2, I think I only made it to the second fight.

:mjlol:

How much filler you think Z has?

15%, not nearly as bad. And DBZ Kai cuts out most of the filler so you can avoid it pretty easily

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Shippuden is much better
It's really not. That's when the really bad filler arcs start appearing randomly all over the show. And they also managed to fukk up the development of the main character pretty damn bad.

Naruto and sasuke were damn near unbearable halfway through that shyt.

:hhh:

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Man I played that ippo game for the ps2, I think I only made it to the second fight.

:mjlol:

How much filler you think Z has?
apparently 15%, but I do think DBZ has a lot of redundancy, within an episode

Balla

Superstar
Daps
91 episodes of filler. Crazy. There was a good chance when you turned on toonami you'd be watching an episode that didn't even matter.

15%, not nearly as bad. And DBZ Kai cuts out most of the filler so you can avoid it pretty easily
apparently 15%, but I do think DBZ has a lot of redundancy, within an episode

Really? I thought people always bytched about Z’s filler. 15% sounds good!!

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
It's really not. That's when the really bad filler arcs start appearing randomly all over the show. And they also managed to fukk up the development of the main character pretty damn bad.

Naruto and sasuke were damn near unbearable halfway through that shyt.

So I take it when we do Shippuuden you’re giving it a 1?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Sums up my thoughts perfectly. I give it a 7

It was lit when Kishimoto was ripping off of Togashi and Hunter x Hunter but it fell off as soon as he ran out of material to rip off. :sas2:
I think it's the fact that he was writing that shyt for so long.

It isnt even the material in the show that I have a problem with. It's the complete 180 they do with naruto's character development and the fact that sasuke gets so much screen time when he's literally the worst character in the show.

Naruto went from a underdog rock lee type of character who trained hard to prove himself, to ultra powered super saiyan ninja royalty, who was handed all his powers because plot armor.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gave this one a strong 8. I would have give it a 9, but I've been spoiled by the likes of Hunter x Hunter at this point. That aside, the first part of Naruto is pretty dope, to be honest. I feel like most of the people voting low numbers for this first part are mostly voting from their bad experience with Shippuden (which is definitely not seeing the first part).

The Wave Country and Chuunin Exam arcs are both excellent, and you have plenty of interesting backstories, character development, dope fights, plot twists, and clever uses of the character's ninja powers.
Orochimaru and Gaara are dope villains, and the other teams of ninjas are all memorable and fun characters (especially Shikamaru).

Team 7 is probably the biggest weak link that brings it down for me. Kakashi is a straight G, but Sakura is trash, and I was never a big fan of Sasuke.
Naruto himself was cool in this first series until they made him ninja royalty in Part 2, which screwed up the entire point of his character.

Rock Lee should have been the main protagonist, to be honest. He was the best thing about this whole franchise, and he perfectly encapsulates the whole "hard work beats natural talent" message of the first part of this series. Throwing Rock Lee's character into the bushes was a huge mistake.

giphy.gif

Still a top 5 fight in anime history, IMO. :banderas:
Why couldn't Naruto stay this dope?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
So I take it when we do Shippuuden you’re giving it a 1?
Id give it a 6

And I believe the two shows should be judged together.

I enjoyed it for what it was and I liked how it made u feel like you grew with the characters. But the show completely jumped the shark at the end with the aliens shyt and the changes to naruto's character after the pain arc.

Plus the fillers are terrible. You can pull up a list and skip all the fillers and that makes the show better, but you shouldn't have to skip %40 of the show to get a coherent and consistent storyline.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
8/10 good enough to be in the big three. Good story, characters.

The fanbase is terrible tho and ruin it for everyone else.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Team 7 is probably the biggest weak link that brings it down for me. Kakashi is a straight G, but Sakura is trash, and I was never a big fan of Sasuke.
Naruto himself was cool in this first series until they made him ninja royalty in Part 2, which screwed up the entire point of his character.

Rock Lee should have been the main protagonist, to be honest. He was the best thing about this whole franchise, and he perfectly encapsulates the whole "hard work beats natural talent" message of the first part of this series. Throwing Rock Lee's character into the bushes was a huge mistake.
100%

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I gave this one a strong 8. I would have give it a 9, but I've been spoiled by the likes of Hunter x Hunter at this point. That aside, the first part of Naruto is pretty dope, to be honest. I feel like most of the people voting low numbers for this first part are mostly voting from their bad experience with Shippuden (which is definitely not seeing the first part).

The Wave Country and Chuunin Exam arcs are both excellent, and you have plenty of interesting backstories, character development, dope fights, plot twists, and clever uses of the character's ninja powers.
Orochimaru and Gaara are dope villains, and the other teams of ninjas are all memorable and fun characters (especially Shikamaru).

giphy.gif

Still a top 5 fight in anime history, IMO. :banderas:
Why couldn't Naruto stay this dope?

Maybe the best fight ever. Never have I rooted for someone to win as I did for rock lee.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
They dont get any credit for fukking up so bad the first time that they had to remake the whole show.

I thought the 2003 version was solid. There's a twist in there that completely changes how homunculi are created and killed imo for the better, and certain characters are given more of a focus.

It's really only because Brotherhood exists that we don't look back on FMA so well. It was well received at the time.

also gave us this OP

Really? I thought people always bytched about Z’s filler. 15% sounds good!!

Some of it is mixed into actual canon episodes which contributed to the pacing being so bad, but that's still better than a whole episode being non canon