Rate This City: Day 10 - Houston

Rate: Houston

• Total voters

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Going in January for a few days so I should have a better idea. But I have a friend out there and have heard nothing but good things from people about the city. They got good bbq out there and looks like plenty to do. I'll have to get more info from the citizens when I'm about to go. Houston is probably the only landlocked city I would seriously consider living in. Maybe Vegas but I feel like I need major money to live there just based on the atmosphere. My job has a location there. Seems like a good place to live. It's affordable but prices are rising I'm sure.

I was honestly a bit surprised when I discovered how affordable Vegas was. The only problem is that the job market there is completely horrible compared to other cities.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I was honestly a bit surprised when I discovered how affordable Vegas was. The only problem is that the job market there is completely horrible compared to other cities.
Yeah Vegas is mad cheap to live in compared to other cities but too many temptations. Gotta be strong there cuz that's a 24/7 party city so always something to do. Fun city to live in and I'm sure people get tired of the crazy lifestyle. Although the whole city isn't just the strip and they have regular places like other cities.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I gave it a 6.

Been once, wasn’t impressed as a Chicagoan

For the 4th largest city the public transit is :trash:. City literally just sprawls for miles & miles.

Muggy to the point you can’t even enjoy the outdoors :scust:

the women tho :wow:
I live here and love the city, but objectively a 6 is fair. The sprawl sucks ass, and if you live in the burbs you're doomed to eithet pay for tollways or taking the long way around. There isn't tons to do here except eat and go to the club. It's more of a working city than fun.
-1 for sprawl
-1 for kinda boring
-1 for poor public transportation + ever increasing toll roads
+1 cause I'm still a proud Houstonian.
I rate us a 7

Nikki_04

All Star
Daps
I have been there and it's probably the only city I have visited that I didn't like.

Aside from the black population and food...the city was not impressive. The layout itself was just way to spread out, flat and the weather is not to my liking. The downtown was dead and they have flying roaches on the streets. Just not my cup of tea. I won't rate it too low because it does have potential and some of my family is from/live in that area.

so a 6

Mac Brown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-town
I live here and love the city, but objectively a 6 is fair. The sprawl sucks ass, and if you live in the burbs you're doomed to eithet pay for tollways or taking the long way around. There isn't tons to do here except eat and go to the club. It's more of a working city than fun.
-1 for sprawl
-1 for kinda boring
I rate us a 7

This is the perfect review. Especially the part about being more of a working city than fun

Scientific

Bacdafucup
Daps
Reppin
The H
I'll readily admit what drags us down is no real tourist attraction. I hate the hipsters flocking in once they realize that Austin aint shyt, but I'll admit they're writing and recording about the city's culture that the old guard didn't want to appreciate.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
been once but I was 19, tryna go again, shyts fun I would give it an 8 but fukkin hurricane szn down there is no joke so I gotta drop it down to a 7.

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
-1 for sprawl
-1 for kinda boring
I rate us a 7
The fact that Houston is so big and has no commuter rail system is :mindblown:

It’s cities way smaller than Houston that have better transit systems