Rate This City: Day 10 - Houston

Rate: Houston

• Total voters

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Never been but based on what I’ve heard about it and researched on and experienced through videos and music, Imma give H-Town an 8.

A surprisingly multicultural metropolis that’s borderline Black Mecca status.

Basically a poor man’s Los Angeles, the same way Philly is a poor man’s NYC.

Seems like it has a pretty strong food scene especially if you’re into Mexican, Tex-Mex, Vietnamese, Soul Food, Seafood, BBQ, Thai, Chinese, Steaks, Burgers, etc.

Got a very unique car culture that they take very seriously.

Seems like a major international hub with its huge job market and the presence of the Space Program and a very busy international airport and all the ethnic enclaves.

Black folks seem like they got a strong voice in the city.

Quite possibly my second most favorite Hip Hop scene in the South after Memphis. S/O to Swishahouse. I fux with that Screw shyt, a lot of us in the DMV were fans of that shyt for a min to the point where some of us were making mixtapes to Screw beats when the local rap scene was in its infancy. Plus one of my most favorite rappers of my generation is from the H area (Travis Scott). I also deeply respect how H-Town nikkas take their rap game seriously, you can hear it in their music.

Traffic looks like it can be a major bytch tho and a lot of the city don’t really look as visually attractive as most of the cities on the list so far. Plus I’ve heard horror stories about the summer humidity and the issue with chiggers.

I fux with that H-Town slang. It’s country but colorful at the same time. Also enjoy listening to the H accent.

Their nightlife seem like it can get real lit and I’m curious about what the neighborhoods are like too. It’s also a bonus that Houston ain’t that far from Galveston and its beaches, boardwalk, and amusement parks.

Seems like a lot to do for kids and families, so it should be a dope place to start and raise a family.

Also, you can tell that both H-Town and NOLA got a strong relationship with each other and even share some cultural ties too. That’s gotta give H-Town a pretty interesting flavor too for a city of its size.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
8 outta 10.

It's a big country city with a lot of ados folks. Good place to live as a black man, lots of girls, col wasn't bad when I went and it's pretty hot.

Wouldn't live there but it's better than most cities.

Not a place work outdoors during the summertime, it was hitting 110 when I went a/c was barely hitting.
Any city that's not a tourist attraction gets at least a 7 from me. More unity less c00ns usually.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Me and my boy were telling our friend we were going in January and he recommended hitting up a brewery tour, good dog houston, burns bbq, and a few other places including the street tacos. Said there's too much good food out there. He said the light rail system is very limited also.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Never been but based on what I’ve heard about it and researched on and experienced through videos and music, Imma give H-Town an 8.

A surprisingly multicultural metropolis that’s borderline Black Mecca status.

Basically a poor man’s Los Angeles, the same way Philly is a poor man’s NYC.

Seems like it has a pretty strong food scene especially if you’re into Mexican, Tex-Mex, Vietnamese, Soul Food, Seafood, BBQ, Thai, Chinese, Steaks, Burgers, etc.

Got a very unique car culture that they take very seriously.

Seems like a major international hub with its huge job market and the presence of the Space Program and a very busy international airport and all the ethnic enclaves.

Black folks seem like they got a strong voice in the city.

Quite possibly my second most favorite Hip Hop scene in the South after Memphis. S/O to Swishahouse. I fux with that Screw shyt, a lot of us in the DMV were fans of that shyt for a min to the point where some of us were making mixtapes to Screw beats when the local rap scene was in its infancy. Plus one of my most favorite rappers of my generation is from the H area (Travis Scott). I also deeply respect how H-Town nikkas take their rap game seriously, you can hear it in their music.

Traffic looks like it can be a major bytch tho and a lot of the city don’t really look as visually attractive as most of the cities on the list so far. Plus I’ve heard horror stories about the summer humidity and the issue with chiggers.

I fux with that H-Town slang. It’s country but colorful at the same time. Also enjoy listening to the H accent.

Their nightlife seem like it can get real lit and I’m curious about what the neighborhoods are like too. It’s also a bonus that Houston ain’t that far from Galveston and its beaches, boardwalk, and amusement parks.

Seems like a lot to do for kids and families, so it should be a dope place to start and raise a family.

Also, you can tell that both H-Town and NOLA got a strong relationship with each other and even share some cultural ties too. That’s gotta give H-Town a pretty interesting flavor too for a city of its size.

You summed up everything I was gonna say about Houston. Houston gets an easy 10 from me.

:unimpressed:

No Texas city will get below a 8 from me.

:unimpressed:

Daps
Great city to visit I couldn't live there and I'm from Texas . The weather is crazy I just had some family members in that flood :mjcry:. It's the only city that I seen tornado and a flood at the same time when I was younger.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Great city to visit I couldn't live there and I'm from Texas . The weather is crazy I just had some family members in that flood :mjcry:. It's the only city that I seen tornado and a flood at the same time when I was younger.

thats texas in general breh...i have seen a tornado flood ..sunlight n snow in midland