Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5 (it works)

Votes: 1 4.5%

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • 10 (Premier institution of Black Excellence)

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Nothing finer than a Carolina woman :youngsabo:
:smh: Black women who have attended UNC -Chapel hill. Never met a group of more snobbish females.

I'm surprised its chicks at the public institution that are snobbier than private schools but I have seen that a little in other places with elite public schools that are the best institutions in the state (UVA, some UC schools)

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Going to give it a 10. Everyone I know that has graduated from there is gainfully employed now. Out of two of my best friends, from there, one just got her Ph.D in Applied Physics the other recently graduated Columbia Teachers college. My ex at homecoming who was 3 years younger than me has 2 full time remote jobs each at 6 figures. This school has the formula right for black women success. Even the class I took there was one of the harder classes I’ve taken in school and it was an elective.

Now for the other side :demonic: As everyone mentioned, some pretentious individuals, who have a different way of thinking. Bear in mind, a lot of women there come from money and have well to due parents so this is really for a lot of them their first time with the rest of the black population (some, not all)
G wagons, beakers and benzes were common, my friend from Montclair NJ were in the same flight back and I was going to take the Marta back she said “train :heh:“. Mind you, it’s like 4 or 5 stops to campus from the Airport. Beautiful women hands down all shapes and sizes and colors. Even now I’ll see a girl who my friend or my girl things is the baddest thing like Lori Harvey and I’m like I’ve seen badder at Spelman for sure.

So overall 10

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Going to give it a 10. Everyone I know that has graduated from there is gainfully employed now. Out of two of my best friends, from there, one just got her Ph.D in Applied Physics the other recently graduated Columbia Teachers college. My ex at homecoming who was 3 years younger than me has 2 full time remote jobs each at 6 figures. This school has the formula right for black women success. Even the class I took there was one of the harder classes I’ve taken in school and it was an elective.

Now for the other side :demonic: As everyone mentioned, some pretentious individuals, who have a different way of thinking. Bear in mind, a lot of women there come from money and have well to due parents so this is really for a lot of them their first time with the rest of the black population (some, not all)
G wagons, beakers and benzes were common, my friend from Montclair NJ were in the same flight back and I was going to take the Marta back she said “train :heh:“. Mind you, it’s like 4 or 5 stops to campus from the Airport. Beautiful women hands down all shapes and sizes and colors. Even now I’ll see a girl who my friend or my girl things is the baddest thing like Lori Harvey and I’m like I’ve seen badder at Spelman for sure.

So overall 10
Yeah there are A LOT of snobbish ass women/men from both Spelman and Morehouse, with an elitist mindstate. A lot of them seem to think they are a different class and level of black person. This is the only negative I'd have for Spelman and Morehouse.

AggiePride336.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
I'm surprised its chicks at the public institution that are snobbier than private schools but I have seen that a little in other places with elite public schools that are the best institutions in the state (UVA, some UC schools)
Ole Miss women, black and white, are super snooty. Probably the most snobbish I’ve ever encountered (they also stay the most liquored up lol). I ain’t mad at it, though. If you’ve got it, you’ve got it.

My girls aunt, who’s a Spelman grad, can be off putting to a lot of folks. It don’t bother me, though. She just likes and expects things a certain way. :russ: @ the Marta story from @RealCrownHeights. Her aunt and I go to Hawks games from time to time. Just seeing her face when we get on the train from the College Park station all the way to the stadium. She def doesn’t approve, but I ain’t tryna drive my car anywhere in Atlanta, and we both know she’s not driving her Jag in the city.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
The flagship of black women and education, one of my homies i graduated with is an alum, i know their network goes deep, and carry some weight, in the right rooms, i wonder how many get to tap into that, i know when i went to spellmo home coming with my roommate when i was in chiropractic school, chicks was walking around with bottles pouring liquor in our mouth, chick low key called us weak af because we ain’t have a bottle in our hand, just cups, she probably some vp or some important shyt now :mjlol:

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
One of the biggest what-if’s of my life is what if I had built on a relationship I had with a Spelman lady instead of chasing big booty hoes from the projects and fast ass Clark Atlanta ladies.

Nobody taught me about generational wealth, equally yoked, none of that :bryan:, I was more focused on ass and whether girls were freaks or not.

I dropped the fukking ball :to:

I gave it a 10 :obama:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
One of the biggest what-if’s of my life is what if I had built on a relationship I had with a Spelman lady instead of chasing big booty hoes from the projects and fast ass Clark Atlanta ladies.

Nobody taught me about generational wealth, equally yoked, none of that :bryan:, I was more focused on ass and whether girls were freaks or not.

I dropped the fukking ball :to:

I gave it a 10 :obama:

Your hoe went to Morris Brown
Your girlfriend went to Clarke Atlanta
Your wife was at Spelman

:wow:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Nothing finer than a Carolina woman :youngsabo:
Fair enough but man there’s something about that campus. My cousin Jelissa went to UNC and became a whole different woman. Went from growing up in Williamston to feeling insulted if we ate anyplace without a waiter or machelin rating.

:dry:I be looking at her like bytch you from bear trap road Willamston. You better take this piggy wiggly sandwich

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
My wife is an Alumna of Spelman College. I have so many great memories on that campus, from freshman parties to classes I sat in on. It is a beautiful campus too, that was accentuated with so many intelligent beautiful sisters walking back and forth across it. Meeting at the Library (Club Woody), to sitting on the benches in Stegall's talking & eating. Being at Morehouse was some of the best times of my life, and Spelman was a big contributor to that feeling.

As you can see from the second post, the school has produced many very luminous graduates. I gave Spelman College a 10. The school produced the love of my life, the mother of my child, and the second woman in my life who has been able to understand my musings about the nature of reality. The first being my grandmother. It has also produced many great sisters doing good for their families and our ethnicity over all.

My wife and I tried to get our daughter to go to Spelman. She even got accepted and received her package. It would have cost us 40k a year, but we were willing to pay it to give her that experience. She chose William & Mary instead to our slight dismay. She did get a full ride to W&M, so we couldn't complain too much.

Last edited: