Real talk, Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth were terrible in the Super Bowl 56

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Al Michaels has ALWAYS been fukking terrible.

He’s been riding that miracle call in the Olympics for 42 years.
Agreed. He has never really been that great and now somehow he is even worse than he was when I was young. Like it really feels like he's be phoning it in and not even trying.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Agreed. He has never really been that great and now somehow he is even worse than he was when I was young. Like it really feels like he's be phoning it in and not even trying.
He's not good.
And he's got this attitude and tone in his voice like he's just a bitter old fukk. That's not even mentioning his habit of inserting his politics into broadcasts. And colleagues over the years have accused him of being an a$$hole, which he is.

He's never inspired or expressed real excitement or joy in calling a game. He just fukking sucks.
NBC should force his ass into retirement and toss the bag at Tony Romo once his CBS deal ends. At least he's enthusiastic about the game.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
If it's not Kevin Harlan, Gus Johnson or Jim Nantz alongside Tony Romo... they can keep it.

Your biggest game deserves your best teams... commentators included. I want commentary that gives a damn.

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
He's not good.
And he's got this attitude and tone in his voice like he's just a bitter old fukk. That's not even mentioning his habit of inserting his politics into broadcasts. And colleagues over the years have accused him of being an a$$hole, which he is.

He's never inspired or expressed real excitement or joy in calling a game. He just fukking sucks.
NBC should force his ass into retirement and toss the bag at Tony Romo once his CBS deal ends. At least he's enthusiastic about the game.
His schtick is just raising his voice when someone scores...that's it. "It's fournetttttttttteeeeeeeee he takes it into the endzone!" It's like this incredulous sound in his voice that comes out during big plays. He's awful man, I'm sorry. I like Joe buck more than I like AL michaels. To me AL is just as bad as Brent musberger.

I like Romo, Gus Johnson, the guy that does college football with Gary Danielson now (can't believe I don't remember his name), Greg Gumble, Dan Deerdorf when he announced, Phil Simms, etc. Not a huge Tirrico fan either but he's better than Michaels.

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
I thought they were fine in that I didn't really notice them, they were just there. Not great, but not bad. If Romo was there, he'd be babbling on and on and it would annoy the hell out of me.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
They’re running out of options honestly. The old guard is definitely gone and it’s looking like they’re going to rely on former athletes to do these jobs to bring in viewers. You’re just going to have to accept it because the Super Bowl jumps networks every year.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
That patented "ohhhhhhhh i don't know jim"
tumblr_pbdrsbFNy21vbcnq8o1_500.gifv

I used to like Romo when he first started he was refreshing but now he's just annoying
:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
That's just part of NBC's stuffiness when it comes to sports nowadays.

The whole "Football Night in America" presentation, the overly-regal music, set-up screams stuffy/elitist. They don't want things like the crowd too loud bc it seems unprofessional to them
Honestly I was very weirded out by the NFL award ceremony. Was that on NBC or ABC? That shyt looked surreal to me...like it wasn't real at all and everything looked manufactured. It felt like a scene in a Sci fi movie where it's the future and everything is overly commercialized and sanitized for the masses. God that shyt looked weird to me, especially when rodgers was up there.

broller

Veteran
Daps
He's not good.

What politics has he mentioned? All I noticed was the gambling