Real talk: Getting student loans might be the biggest mistake of my life

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
:ehh: 33k is not so bad to be honest. Why don't you switch your payment structure? Instead of going from a monthly payment structure, try going to a income payment structure? You pay based on your income.

I definitely understand your pain bro. But in the words of Kendrick
200w.gif

:ufdup: That degree is permanent remember that.

onthereal

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I read the whole post (which I didn't) so you made a mistake millions make by going to college etc...them loans are going to be in your life forever.Yes your debt is big but once again there are lawyers and doctors who have it worse then you B

Do you have an actual point to make or are you just going to repeat what I've already said? I'm neither a doctor nor a lawyer, b.

Foxy Brown

Andrea Y. Small Gardner
Daps
Reppin
Jordan, Jasmine, Jolie, Julius
You can pay that off in a couple of years by saving, living a minimalistic lifestyle, and hustling- side hustles like flipping cars n shyt. It can be done.

There is a plethora of articles out there of how people paid their loans off in under 5 years or so. It won't be easy, of course. But that's the price you have to pay to live debt free

onthereal

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
If you can't see a realistic way to pay off $35k in student loans after college then you chose the wrong career. People owe more on cars.

1) Oh word? You mean I chose a career that doesn't pay me $100,000 a year? Holy shyt! Man, thanks! What would I do without such wisdom? lol dummy.

2) Could care less what other people owe on their cars. Irrelevant to me, but thanks for another useless point.

onthereal

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
You can pay that off in a couple of years by saving, living a minimalistic lifestyle, and hustling- side hustles like flipping cars n shyt. It can be done.

There is a plethora of articles out there of how people paid their loans off in under 5 years or so. It won't be easy, of course. But that's the price you have to pay to live debt free

Indeed. I've read many.

Your networth doesn't mean anything.

Elaborate.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
1) Oh word? You mean I chose a career that doesn't pay me $100,000 a year? Holy shyt! Man, thanks! What would I do without such wisdom? lol dummy.

2) Could care less what other people owe on their cars. Irrelevant to me, but thanks for another useless point.
How much do you make now? How much will you be making 3-5 years from now?

onthereal

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
How much do you make now? How much will you be making 3-5 years from now?

I make slightly less than the average American salary for my particular field. What is the relevance on what I will make in 3-5 years? I can't give projections that far out. Why? Because I have no idea what life changes will occur between now and then.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
I make slightly less than the average American salary for my particular field. What is the relevance on what I will make in 3-5 years? I can't give projections that far out. Why? Because I have no idea what life changes will occur between now and then.

That's a shytty ass excuse for not having at least a 5 year plan.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh:I feel you. My life has been in standstill for years because I dropped everything...every desire, every trip I wanted to take, I even stopped going to school
JUST to start pay off them loans. fukking school...when I was unemployed for a stretch, they sold my loans:francis:so for over 7 years now, I get calls from different
3rd parties who want a cut. I'm not paying them:yeshrug:but its fukking annoying. And the department of education just swallowed up my tax return.

Keep your head up:salute:Imma be through this shyt in less than a year. You can do that too.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Look into loan forgiveness.

I'm lucky I got a full ride scholarship, because my first job out of college would've eaten all my wages. I think if you're going to an ivy league or highly coveted university without scholarships, it's not even worth it at all, just go to a state school. I think that's why younger folks are voting for Bernie - he proposes to make all public institutions free.