All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
in the shadows
Argentine referee shot, killed by dismissed footballer
Updated 0342 GMT (1142 HKT) February 17, 2016

160217103805-red-card-ref-hand-exlarge-169.jpg

A referee shows a red card during a Copa Sudamericana match in Argentina in 2014.
Story highlights
  • Argentine referee shot three times after sending player off
  • Shooter has not yet been apprehended
  • Another player wounded during on-field shooting

(CNN)A referee in Argentina was shot and killed by a player who he had just dismissed, according to local reports.

Cesar Flores was officiating an amateur match in Cordoba, around 700 kilometers northwest of Buenos Aires, when he showed an unnamed player a red card. The incensed player took a gun from his bag and returned to the pitch, shooting the 48-year-old referee three times, in the neck, head and chest.

"It all happened during the match," a police source told the EFE news agency. "We don't know what happened with the referee, but the player was angry and went to get his gun and killed him."

The suspect is still at large.

Another player was also "seriously injured" in the shooting but it is understood his wounds are not life-threatening.

Latin America has experienced on-field soccer violence in the past.

Last year a referee in an amateur Brazilian match pulled a gun on a player who had assaulted him, and in 2013 a player was stabbed by a referee during an expulsion. The official was then kidnapped and tortured by fans, before being stoned to death and dismembered by members of the player's family.

-----------------------

People who take sports this seriously should get the electric chair. :snoop:

25YOUTHS!!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Waryaa I was bout to say this is an old story (thought you were referring to the 2014 incident) but this shyt seems to be a common occurrence :dwillhuh:

So does that mean Messi is the toughest player in soccer?:troll:

Solomon Caine

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
in the shadows
Waryaa I was bout to say this is an old story (thought you were referring to the 2014 incident) but this shyt seems to be a common occurrence :dwillhuh:

So does that mean Messi is the toughest player in soccer?:troll:
The saddest thing is I knew this happened in South America before I even opened it.

:wow: @ the other referee in Brazil that pulled a gun on a player.

I remember a story where a player was shot in a bar after an argument he had with a fan over a penalty kick he missed a decade ago. Apparently the fan made a large bet on the game. :lupe:

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they dont fukk around in soccer