Report: DC Cinematic Universe may be in trouble

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The movie STEEL with Shaq came out in 1997 before Blade wrong again :umad:

Blade was not promoted as a Marvel movie nor release by Marvel production company as we know them today wrong again :umad:

Steel was a dc property built around the amalgamtion of the superman dies splintered model to the rebirth superman.

Art Barr

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whoa:Dont shyt on our childhoods:mjcry:

This superman definitely sucks though:mjlol:,there is absolutely nothing likeable about this version of Superman,he sucks as Superman,sucks as Clark:scust:....They seriously need to think about replacing the actor who is playing him asap,he's singlehandedly going to ruin this shyt:snoop:...Casting is an important part of these movies,and he might be the biggest failure of all time as far as a lead,outside of maybe Tobe Macintire in Spiderman who was mostly unbearable and embarrassing.

Caville is a bauce superman but they didnt explore him as clark kent yet because he was finding himself in the first film. Yall nikkas forget his secret identity is clark not the other way around so he gotta build that goofy nitwit persona from the alpha male male god he truelly is. I dig the homie

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Caville is a bauce superman but they didnt explore him as clark kent yet because he was finding himself in the first film. Yall nikkas forget his secret identity is clark not the other way around so he gotta build that goofy nitwit persona from the alpha male male god he truelly is. I dig the homie
They've already said he's not doing that goofy shyt.

If you're trying to be low key, the last thing he needs to be doing is drawing attention to himself all the time because he's always tripping over shyt or spilling coffee on somebody.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They've already said he's not doing that goofy shyt.

If you're trying to be low key, the last thing he needs to be doing is drawing attention to himself all the time because he's always tripping over shyt or spilling coffee on somebody.

Or not blowing bytches backs out with the dyck of steel

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

There were times in the movie he didn't have the suit on,and he was mostly equally boring and lifeless then too:mjlol:...They just need to realize what they working with and what his limitations are as an actor,unless he's improved....you don't have to be goofy to be likeable,Captain America plays straight man but he's still likeable as a character,and who the fukk liked Captain America:mjlol:?This cant just be a matter of superman being "wack" or too cheesy for todays time.....he could never be as cheesy as Captain America.

You might be right though,that shytty MOS didn't do much to explore Clark,they preffered to force the shyt out of Lois Lane in that movie....Another problem for this franchise,the two have 0 chemistry,Lois is also boring and unlikeable unlike I've never seen her....Well let me correct that,I couldn't have gave 2 shyts if the Lois Lane in that last Superman reboot died either:mjlol:

We'll see what happens though,looking like Batman will be stealing the show based on the trailer....Cavillle is a boss in terms of the look but that's about it.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
There were times in the movie he didn't have the suit on,and he was mostly equally boring and lifeless then too:mjlol:...They just need to realize what they working with and what his limitations are as an actor,unless he's improved....you don't have to be goofy to be likeable,Captain America plays straight man but he's still likeable as a character,and who the fukk liked Captain America:mjlol:?This cant just be a matter of superman being "wack" or too cheesy for todays time.....he could never be as cheesy as Captain America.

You might be right though,that shytty MOS didn't do much to explore Clark,they preffered to force the shyt out of Lois Lane in that movie....Another problem for this franchise,the two have 0 chemistry,Lois is also boring and unlikeable unlike I've never seen her....Well let me correct that,I couldn't have gave 2 shyts if the Lois Lane in that last Superman reboot died either:mjlol:

We'll see what happens though,looking like Batman will be stealing the show based on the trailer....Cavillle is a boss in terms of the look but that's about it.

I don't think the problem is necessarily with Cavill, I think they just made this version of superman without any motivation to do anything really.
Like really what was he trying to do in the first movie? Not a goddamn thing. He was just chillin on the farm or being a busboy until Zod showed up. Then he basically :ld: and said, "Guess I'll go put on my dad's suit and surrender."

Dude literally had zero motivation throughout the whole film. Didn't wanna save people didn't wanna fukk bytches didn't wanna do anything. That's why he's so boring. No driving force behind Superman.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

This is so goddamn true when you think about it. Captain America was always seen as Marvel's boyscout answer to Superman, yet they made him work on the big screen (and gave him a place in modern times) while DC is still struggling to sell Superman on audiences.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think the problem is necessarily with Cavill, I think they just made this version of superman without any motivation to do anything really.
Like really what was he trying to do in the first movie? Not a goddamn thing. He was just chillin on the farm or being a busboy until Zod showed up. Then he basically :ld: and said, "Guess I'll go put on my dad's suit and surrender."

Dude literally had zero motivation throughout the whole film. Didn't wanna save people didn't wanna fukk bytches didn't wanna do anything. That's why he's so boring. No driving force behind Superman.

The whole point of his story i think was restraint. Even as a lil kid he couldve murdered his bullies so he gonna grow up to be a passive introvert because he knows he can hurl nikkas across the ocean. Its finally letting go for the greater good which drives him. Yea its still corny but capt is just a nikka on steroids while supes is a god with a gentle mind. He can rape every big tit cheerlearder in smallville if he wanted but its the god fearing morals that make him a super lame super man.

U cant modernize that shyt at all its just best to balance him with the rest of the JL. When its time for that action tho supes is a boss and u gonna need that nikka for darkseid

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Sam Jackson actually appeared on Agents of Shield. Not to mention the actor that plays Coulson.

DC is going to literally have a different Flash on TV than in the movies.

Not saying they are going to trot out the entire Netflix crew in the next Avengers, but they will more likely just keep them out of it rather than have two different Daredevils. If they can't get RDJ to come to Hell's Kitchen, they not gonna bring in Charlie Sheen as IM.

MCU was designed as one saga. That's all I'm sayin. DC treats each iteration of Superman as a totally new timeline. When talking movie Super and Bats you have to start with "which one?"

Not so with Ironman.

In fact, Xmen and Spiderman franchises also have similar issues. With Spider, totally separate universes. With Xmen: total erasure of the first several movies with time travel.

Even if you don't like MCU, they are the only ones bringing the comic-like companywide continuity to the big screen. I really appreciate the detail. I don't feel like they are trying to make these movies while avoiding the source material when it's expedient, they are putting the comics on screen. Yes MCU is to 616 as Ultimate was to 616, but the editorial oversight is there. For me the utter depth of the storyline is the best thing about comics. You gotta have several years of back story over multiple titles to capture the true comic feel.
I heard they have a crisis style storyline tying all DC live action properties together in the works, on the lowest of keys

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

True shyt,and the sad part is they were willing to do things and make superman go places to make MOS and this Superman dope as shyt:banderas:...The fact MOS started out so good,might be the reason I'm so disgusted by it:scust:...It just started out so good,showing how his father had drilled into his head why he couldn't use his powers,But he struggles to NOT use them because he's still has human emotions,whether it be him feeling like he has to step in and save people,or whether he gets mad and ruins somebodys 18 wheeler:wow:..Homie basically living in exile running from his displays of power,both good and bad.

But your right,there really was no struggle in him becoming superman,him finding that suit,spaceship and talking to his real pops was all pretty damn pointless and rushed irrc:snoop:....And I think you have a point,him surrendering might be where the movie really fell apart....They could've at least made it so Zod had an idea where he was and came looking for him instead.....Or at least make Clark struggle to want to come forward because he just wants to be normal and doesn't want to come out to the world as an alien....Then they coulda had Zod fukk the city up looking for him,then you have Clark once again STRUGGLING to decide whether he should use his powers while people die,because pops lookin at him with the :beli:....And since they was so willing to kill his pops,they could've at least let Zod do it instead of that stupid azz Tornado scene,which is still one of the most pointless and laughable scenes in any comic movie I've ever seen,matter of fact any type of movie:mjlol:

I think I would've preferred superman who just wanted to be human and live a normal life,instead this version seemed like he wanted to flex his powers so bad it hurt not to:pachaha:,because he was only not using them to honor his pops stupid deathwish.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Not sure why people are saying this movie won't "flop"

A "flop" isn't just based around what it cost to make + what it cost to market compared to what it makes...but also what the studio projects it to make...

If it cost a total of 300 million and they make 800 million and they roughly keep half of that for 400 million...but they projected the movie to make a billion...the studio is going to consider that a flop...200 million less than what they expected..

Their entire upcoming DC movie franchise is riding on this one film...if it doesn't make what the studio thinks it should then everything outside of Ben's batman movies could be up in the air...

And that is probably the most critical part of the movie...are people going to watch this and just view it as a single batman superman movie...or are they going to watch it and then be interested in watching the rest of the DC Universe? Because it's not about getting people to see this one movie...it's about getting them to see the 8 movies behind it...

Personally I've got some serious trepidation about what they are trying to pull off...they felt they needed to add batman to a superman movie, so it doesn't seem like the studio thinks superman is a strong enough character to stand on his own...or did they feel they needed to add superman to a batman movie...because they don't feel like batman can stand on his own?

Now they stuck trying to tell a superman story...a batman origin story...a wonder woman origin story...all in the same movie...and this has to at least start leading to the formation of the Justice League...that is a lot of shyt to try and do in at most 2 and a half hours...

It is head scratching to me that they continued on with this and are releasing this first over at least one Batman reboot movie just for logic's sake...to me the batman movie is already screwed logically...it is going to be hard to show batman struggling with a real villain in his own stand alone movie when he has already gone toe to toe with at least superman and doomsday...unless it's some sort of physiological battle and while I am not the biggest Nolan fan he hit all 3 of those out of the park with Scarecrow, Joker, and Bane...gonna be nigh impossible to top that...

Also that 300 million i estimated is probably very conservative...I'd be shocked if 300 million covered the marketing cost...

But then again they dropped the ball on the Nightwing movies after Nolan tossed them a layup so...