Report: DC Cinematic Universe may be in trouble

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
nikka what the fukk does Blade have to do with anything now:what:

Marvel would not even exist.
if not for blade saving their entire whole fukk'n bytch ass creatively weak for two decades since ass company.
Of which they still fukked it up and had to sell to Disney.

Like he said,...know the history.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Marvel movie and Tv universe are not connected. The TV heros having a line or two about the avengers does make them cohesive, don't the avengers still think Clauson is dead? Spiderman and the rest of the avengers won't acknowledge Punisher and Dare Devil.
I don't think Coulson has been mentioned at all in any of the movies since his resurrection on TV.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
1- Tentative
2- Side kicks
3- :yeshrug:
4- :mjlol:
5- Tentative
6- Pipedream

I got 2 words for you....... SINISTER SIX!

DC hasnt earned that much trust yet.... cant just blindly have faith in them

The problem with dc is it is owned by Warner brothers and only used and pigeon holed, dc as their gateway viewership wing.
With marvel, it used to be owned solely by themselves.
Then was purchased after pisspoor administrative executive work by Indy hack named Quesada. Afterwards Disney purchased marvel and handled it with extreme public accountability based care, on all fronts.
That even it was able to acquire star wars, and earlier Jim Henson properties because of its care to its high drawing public perceived properties.
So, Disney uses marvel to transition from its children based direction content wise to more adult based content.
That acts as a bridge to everything in its adult wing from film to sports like ESPN and ABC.

Dc, with Warner is not used in the same bridging capacity to adult and more mature content.
So, Warner brothers does not view or respect dc as it should.
All because dc is primarily used to market and build high attrition rate viewership for children.
Then fails to transition them from a gateway capacity.
To a larger more mature content capacity.
Which also creates disconnect with the highest disposable income market.
Where unlike disney/marvel.
warner has not pr'd and hid via marketing.
their scope and perception as a whole like disney does.
Disney expertly has figured out through its cgi based film components.
how to appease mature pop culture audiences under its umbrella internally.
Whereas warner used to acquire companies.
then bully graft their scope and perceived draw upon the companies they acquire.
Plus will show no allegiance to those companies they acquire.
if it will damage their brand ala interscope with gangsta rap and ice t's cop killa brand and music.
Wb also has no main company designated.
or used as a bridge in public or admin perception.
What wb should do is actually bring back the vertigo brand.
Then use it to transition the more serious stock dc characters stories.
that have movie or adult themes like dark knight or a darker superman story in their numerous universes.
Like they used to do when Alan Moore, morrison and those guys got their larger drawing starts..
Yet, vertigo was abandoned.
All because wb/dc is also not very good at marketing their products.
they work on a old Hollywood actors and companies are slaves.
Early Hollywood movie house sheer volume will produce the profit cop and blow model.
Which won't work for character driven pieces.
as convincability in the marketplace for that vehicle has to be kept in tact to make a character series driven franchise work.
Marvel works because it was self owned for longer and when it was purchased by Disney..disney also was desperate for a bridge the gap style company like marvel.
That would aid moving child wing based viewership into the more adult wing models..when there used to a void and disconnect for Disney.
Through the children based CGI FILMS.
Disney cultivated and learned the market for what worked in a pop realm for mature audiences.
through child/parent participation marketing models for the pop realm.
While wb continues to just churn along with its Hollywood film house by volume cop and blow model.
Which will not work in the medium of highly character driven pieces.
meant to be viewed as real respectable long term HIGH quality draws.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Marvel movie and Tv universe are not connected. The TV heros having a line or two about the avengers does make them cohesive, don't the avengers still think Clauson is dead? Spiderman and the rest of the avengers won't acknowledge Punisher and Dare Devil.

Spiderman used to not acknowledge punisher, avengers and daredevil.
All because those films were made by opposed companies.
Now, since there have been bridging liasions to those opposed companies.
We may see some continuity in those other franchises outside the marvel /Disney umbrella, in the coming future.

Art Barr

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Ain't that the truth. When trash like iron man 2&3,even the Thor films are well received, you know something ain't right.

People need to face that they hate DC regardless and gas up Marvel because of their preferences of the 90s comic book era.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
The only trouble I see here is the nerd backlash. The only negatives I see so far are:

-Eisenberg as LL. His portrayal in the trailers has been meh. Dude's too over-the-top. :camby:

Doomsday being part of the TMNT family. They better give homie his spikes. :ufdup:

And if it does numbers lower than expected.

Ima still watch in theater and cop the BR. :manny:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Cyborg is still on the schedule to get a movie.
Will Smith and Viola Davis are in Suicide Squad
They are actually filming Wonder Woman right now
Supergirl has a show
Aquaman is a Samoan and is getting a solo movie
John Stewart is going to be in the Green lantern Corps movie
It is almost a guarantee that Harley Quinn will get a solo movie after Suicide Squad drops
That also sounds pretty diverse to me.
Yea, both companies are pretty much getting more and more diverse. Even in the comic books, diversity is happening.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
The movie STEEL with Shaq came out in 1997 before Blade wrong again :umad:

Blade was not promoted as a Marvel movie nor release by Marvel production company as we know them today wrong again :umad:

Definitely a troll.
Like I said, carry on. But don't quote me and drag me into your nonsense. I have better things to do.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
as they should be. Every time I hear the title, it's like Batman :ehh: v. Superman :scusthov:

Superman fukkin sucks and has always sucked.

:whoa:Dont shyt on our childhoods:mjcry:

This superman definitely sucks though:mjlol:,there is absolutely nothing likeable about this version of Superman,he sucks as Superman,sucks as Clark:scust:....They seriously need to think about replacing the actor who is playing him asap,he's singlehandedly going to ruin this shyt:snoop:...Casting is an important part of these movies,and he might be the biggest failure of all time as far as a lead,outside of maybe Tobe Macintire in Spiderman who was mostly unbearable and embarrassing.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether

Sam Jackson actually appeared on Agents of Shield. Not to mention the actor that plays Coulson.

DC is going to literally have a different Flash on TV than in the movies.

Not saying they are going to trot out the entire Netflix crew in the next Avengers, but they will more likely just keep them out of it rather than have two different Daredevils. If they can't get RDJ to come to Hell's Kitchen, they not gonna bring in Charlie Sheen as IM.

MCU was designed as one saga. That's all I'm sayin. DC treats each iteration of Superman as a totally new timeline. When talking movie Super and Bats you have to start with "which one?"

Not so with Ironman.

In fact, Xmen and Spiderman franchises also have similar issues. With Spider, totally separate universes. With Xmen: total erasure of the first several movies with time travel.

Even if you don't like MCU, they are the only ones bringing the comic-like companywide continuity to the big screen. I really appreciate the detail. I don't feel like they are trying to make these movies while avoiding the source material when it's expedient, they are putting the comics on screen. Yes MCU is to 616 as Ultimate was to 616, but the editorial oversight is there. For me the utter depth of the storyline is the best thing about comics. You gotta have several years of back story over multiple titles to capture the true comic feel.