Report: DC Cinematic Universe may be in trouble

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It isn't even that though. I just prefer the characters in Marvel besides I've yet to see any of Snyder's work that I actually like (300 was trash too except for that one scene). C'mon Whedon has also been producer, co-writer, direct, wtc. of some pretty good and GOAT classic tv and films. At the end of the day, Whedon >>>>>> Snyder.
No. Just no. Whedon is a hack. He writes the same characters. Every character is a quip machine. He has no idea how to direct. Its some of the most basic garbage Ive ever seen.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
They are getting more diverse now. After like 11 movies. Dc anounced a black hero and female hero as a part of the original slate. Plus we know that they will push Will smith and Margot Robbie heavily.

Most of the black characters so far in the MCU are sidekicks. The only one who isn't is Samual l Jackson.

A lot of people have been disappointed with black widow on and of the screen. They don't even push her merch that much and I think Ruffalo spoke out on it.

DCs will do a female movie before marvel even though they're 4 movies in. Cpt marvel will be like their 15th movie.
Cause Cyborg isnt just a metal ass version of Lucious Fox:deadmanny:
These muthafukkas gonna have 3 different versions of Batman before Jon Stewart or Cyborg even get scripts:russ:
That diversity :banderas:

BooksnCookies

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MaizenBlue
No. Just no. Whedon is a hack. He writes the same characters. Every character is a quip machine. He has no idea how to direct. Its some of the most basic garbage Ive ever seen.

HIs acclaim says otherwise. What films are you talking about? Snyder's films look exactly the same and I've yet to see critics actually like them. Man of Steel was poorly written and directed. I'm not even saying this because I like Whedon (The Avengers are the worst films of MCU right now).

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Cause Cyborg isnt just a metal ass version of Lucious Fox:deadmanny:
These muthafukkas gonna have 3 different versions of Batman before Jon Stewart or Cyborg even get scripts:russ:
That diversity :banderas:
I wasn't really praising DC for diversity either. But comparatively DC has had women and minority characters in major roles from jump. Where's Marvel is doing it 10 movies in.

I don't even no much about cyborg but they gave this ninja a movie from jump.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I wasn't really praising DC for diversity either. But comparatively DC has had women and minority characters in major roles from jump. Where's Marvel is doing it 10 movies in.

I don't even no much about cyborg but they gave this ninja a movie from jump.
We'll see how that plays out

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Movie gonna do retarded numbers just off the name alone
And then DC can get on back to their regularly scheduled Bat-Program
Same Bat Time
Same Bat Channel
:troll:
Damn shame cause Id love to see a REAL Green Lantern film :mjcry:

I think they are making a mistake simply ignoring the movies that didn't do as well as they wanted, and also keeping Nolanverse separate. If they would have been universe building since Batman Begins/Superman Returns, they'd have half a dozen movies in by now. Instead we are skipping from Superman's origin straight to JL.

Then with the separate TV universes it's just not cohesive. They do this in their comics too. In the same month Batman is a New God in the Justice League book, but in Batman, Gordon is wearing a Robocop Batsuit and Bruce has amnesia.

The main thing Marvel is doing that is KILLING the comp is everything from Agent Carter to Jessica Jones is all one big cohesive story. Coulson is the same actor from the big screen to the small. It's a very nice touch and it's what comics are all about. Shared universe.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I liked Man of Steel but I don't think I liked Henry Cavil as Superman. I hope he "comes alive" more in BvS.

Based on what I've seen from the clips, trailers, and tv spots - this seems like it is a significant improvement over his MOS performance. His Superman/Clark Kent actually seems likable and not this cold, brooding, out of place being.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
They are getting more diverse now. After like 11 movies. Dc anounced a black hero and female hero as a part of the original slate. Plus we know that they will push Will smith and Margot Robbie heavily.

Most of the black characters so far in the MCU are sidekicks. The only one who isn't is Samual l Jackson.

A lot of people have been disappointed with black widow on and of the screen. They don't even push her merch that much and I think Ruffalo spoke out on it.

DCs will do a female movie before marvel even though they're 4 movies in. Cpt marvel will be like their 15th movie.

Their FIRST major theatre release was Blade.
Before X-Men... Before Spiderman.

Blade. Starring black as midnight Wesley Snipes. :blessed:

Know the facts.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The first commercial TV spot did look like a Larry Holmes Garden car commercial:patrice:

...but, no way Batman/Superman duo flick bombs, even if it's basura:yeshrug:

I'm just patiently waiting for Suicide Squad:fire: and Justice League:cook:, tho:feedme:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Luke Cage getting a show. Black Panther getting a movie. Captain Marvel getting a movie. Jessica Jones had an amazing show. Nick Fury is Black....sounds pretty diverse to me.
Cyborg is still on the schedule to get a movie.
Will Smith and Viola Davis are in Suicide Squad
They are actually filming Wonder Woman right now
Supergirl has a show
Aquaman is a Samoan and is getting a solo movie
John Stewart is going to be in the Green lantern Corps movie
It is almost a guarantee that Harley Quinn will get a solo movie after Suicide Squad drops
That also sounds pretty diverse to me.

Last edited:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Take a guy named McWeeny serious brehs
3596002+_d1ba86f4d63131bcd757241051811e58.gif

Uno

Superstar
Daps
Marvel movie and Tv universe are not connected. The TV heros having a line or two about the avengers does make them cohesive, don't the avengers still think Clauson is dead? Spiderman and the rest of the avengers won't acknowledge Punisher and Dare Devil.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:what:What is campy about Ben aflec

Ben Affleck is campy.
They want him to be edgy but he is not.
His best bet is to be around matt Damon and get rub that way.
Ben Affleck is the same style of actor legacy wise as playboy goofball lame Darcy on married with children.
That no matter what he does.
will always be seen as Darcy and the main campy jock villain in revenge of the nerds.
To the point I am not googling Darcy's name because it is no point to.
Just like Affleck is not important to go search beyond that.
For some odd reason they would like to move him beyond that perception and it does not work.
He lacks convincability and that is why he is campy.
All because affleck only works.
As the campy playboy jock villain like mall rats and dazed and confused.
Including, the movie that brought Damon and Affleck to the pop mainstream supposed superstar draw dance.
Where of course Affleck played a well to do, bully jock.
After which both Damon and Affleck failed after winning an Oscar..of which, after Damon only rejuvenated his career after playing a bait and switch movie offbrand gay weirdo in the talented Mr Ripley. Damon, then came back as Bourne and set the world on fire.
Affleck ruined daredevil a role born for Damon and has never recovered till pr tried to force him back into the public eye with Argo and gone girl.
Where he still never actually gained any convincability on screen during that time.

As a matter of fact, predating that.
Jason mewes, Kevin smith, and Jason lee stole scenes from affleck and Jason lee is a convert skater.
Jason mewes is Jason mewes and Kevin smith is silent bob and knows to just be silent bob.
Or be the joyfully brilliant college lecture professor or screen, who would have been your favorite teacher in school in a class like English.
Smith knows his limits and afflecks does not and pr's himself out of that which he is not capable of escaping.
Jason lee has versatility to play more roles than Affleck does and lee is a late start.
Affleck just lacks the it factor.
Although Hollywood continues to try to force this narrative of him being an it factor talent.
Ben Affleck is darcy from married with children.
at his naturally perceived best as an actor convincability wise.
Affleck inhabits that weird place or space.
that happens to certain actors in north American domestic film.
Similar to child stars like drake and guys from old eighties coming of age teen films.
Affleck lacks convincability and that is why he is campy.
It just happens to certain actors and Affleck is one of them.
Affleck is a great self serving pr.
Yet is better served to be more Richie from happy days.
who is now behind the scenes, as a producer/director.
As opposed to Richie, being cast and playing an eventual box office bust..in a role as an American icon like Han solo or a central hero.

Art Barr

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
1- Cyborg is still on the schedule to get a movie.
2- Will Smith and Viola Davis are in Suicide Squad
3- They are actually filming Wonder Woman right now
4- Supergirl has a show
5- Aquaman is a Samoan and is getting a solo movie
6- It is almost a guarantee that Harley Quinn will get a solo movie after Suicide Squad drops
That also sounds pretty diverse to me.

1- Tentative
2- Side kicks
3- :yeshrug:
4- :mjlol:
5- Tentative
6- Pipedream

I got 2 words for you....... SINISTER SIX!

DC hasnt earned that much trust yet.... cant just blindly have faith in them