Robert Mugabe Blasts ‘Coward’ Nelson Mandela

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
I was in South Africa in February and it was flooded with clearly gay men. :usure:
Ive heard about correctional rape is SA so I thought they were anti gay not just anti lesbian. Blacks gonna get genocided by being brainwashed into being gay. Gay rights results in a crumbling population and birth rate just like in western europe

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Doing business with china is bad? But its fine to do business with France, UK, and US? Id rather do business with China, alot of countries agree. Just dont let them flood cheap garbage into your country, and make them use local labor.

Two wrongs don't make a right. China is colonizing Zimbabwe as we speak.

Don't be gullible.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
ATEST UPDATE: 16/08/2013
-ANC-MINING-SOUTH AFRICA-STRIKE-UNREST

South Africa’s ANC to boycott Marikana memorial
© AFP
South Africa’s ruling ANC and its powerful trade union ally have said they will boycott a memorial ceremony on Friday to mark the one-year anniversary of the killing of 34 striking miners, citing disapproval of its organizers.
ByNews Wires(text)

South Africa's ruling ANC said it will boycott a ceremony Friday marking one year since the killing of 34 miners because the event was organised by an "illegitimate" group.

"The ANC finds it immoral and totally unacceptable that such a traumatic incident could be turning into a political playground by some political parties," the ANC said in a statement.

On August 16 last year South African police opened fire on a crowd of striking platinum miners at the Marikana mine northwest of Johannesburg, killing 34.

Earlier Thursday, the powerful National Union of Mineworkers, an ANC ally, had also said they would boycott the event, because it had been "hijacked" by their rivals the Association of Mineworkers and Construction Union (AMCU).

The AMCU, which led the Marikana strike, and the NUM are locked in a bloody turf battle that has seen union leaders on both sides assassinated.

The boycott shreds hopes that the unions could use the event to move beyond deadly violence between members.

The AMCU had earlier this week put aside its differences with the NUM by asking it to jointly make a peace call at the commemorations.

Thousands of mine workers and sympathisers are expected to gather Friday near where the deaths occurred.

Since August last year at least eight prominent members from both the NUM and AMCU have been murdered.

The latest victim, a local NUM leader, was gunned down on Monday.

In the last 12 months, the AMCU's hardline stance on wage negotiations has enticed legions of NUM members to jump ship, amid accusations the more established union is in league with mine owners.

The AMCU now represents 70 percent of union members among the 27,000 workers at platinum giant Lonmin, which operates the mine where the 34 workers were killed.

The NUM, once the dominant union at Lonmin, now has 20 percent.

The NUM said it would "desist from organising separate commemorations as these may fuel tensions."

(AFP)

http://www.france24.com/en/20130816-south-africa-anc-boycotts-event-to-remember-killed-miners

Never forget

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Ok lets compare them.

In south africa, black africans essentially own nothing.

Besides Mugabe and a group of people you can probably count with one hand, they don't own anything in Zimbabwe either. Mugabe is a crazy despot who doesn't care about his people at all. Mandela is just a misguided moderate/compromiser who took reconciliation with the white folks too far (though I can't call him a coward- he did go to prison for his beliefs.)

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Besides Mugabe and a group of people you can probably count with one hand, they don't own anything in Zimbabwe either. Mugabe is a crazy despot who doesn't care about his people at all. Mandela is just a misguided moderate/compromiser who took reconciliation with the white folks too far (though I can't call him a coward- he did go to prison for his beliefs.)
Are you speaking from first hand experience?

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I believe they're calling him a coward, after he got out of prison, friend. Who cares more about the people of Zimbabwe, the current leader, or the people that got kicked out.

Who cares less about the people of Zimbabwe, the people that got kicked out or the current leader, friend. :ld:

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I believe they're calling him a coward, after he got out of prison, friend. Who cares more about the people of Zimbabwe, the current leader, or the people that got kicked out.

Who cares less about the people of Zimbabwe, the people that got kicked out or the current leader, friend. :ld:

I think they care about the same, since both have the same MO- starve and exploit the people for their own gain while pretending to be benevolent rulers.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I think they care about the same, since both have the same MO- starve and exploit the people for their own gain while pretending to be benevolent rulers.
Should the people that got kicked out be allowed to return and pick up where they left off, friend? :ld:

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Would you want him out if the next ruler brought the old ways back into reality.

At this point, there isn't much of a difference between the two, except that the economy was ironically better off, even for the average citizen of Zimbabwe, right at the end of white minority rule than it is now after 3 decades under Mugabe. There needs to be a real change, not this mostly false choice between foreign repression and native repression.

Oh1one

Motherland funk
Daps
Reppin
Joburg
Am only on page 6 but it's enlightening seeing what people outside of Africa think about this part of the continent.
Never been to Zim but it's estimated there's roughly 2 million Zimbos living in South Africa. You find a lot of Zim beggars at traffic lights and they do probably most of the odd jobs that South Africans either want more money to do or are too lazy to do.

However, you also do find a bunch of educated, middle class Zimbos. Worked with quite a few.

Zim doesn't seem to be doing great but this may not all be Mugabe's fault, have to ask whether the sanctions are fair or it's just Western powers flexing their muscles. I don't know!

South Africa on the other hand, is a mixture (kind of...sometimes...but not really) of third and first world. Mainly third though. An arrogant government (60% or so of the vote) who've taken a few people out of poverty but are keeping a lot more people in poverty so they can fill their own pockets.

One example: Our president spent bout R200 M ($20M) on his private home when he has a further 2 state homes when we still have areas of the country where kids are studying under trees and people are living without any proper water nor sanitation.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
At this point, there isn't much of a difference between the two, except that the economy was ironically better off, even for the average citizen of Zimbabwe, right at the end of white minority rule than it is now after 3 decades under Mugabe. There needs to be a real change, not this mostly false choice between foreign repression and native repression.
The economy would be better for the average citizen in that nation? Really friend? By what degree are you talking, a couple quarters?

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The economy would be better for the average citizen in that nation? Really friend? By what degree are you talking, a couple quarters?

No, I didn't say it would be better. I said that it was actually better right when Mugabe took power (which is to say, right when the white minority was about to leave) then it is now, after several decades of Mugabe's disastrous policies/Western meddling. The Zimbabwean dollar was worth more than the US dollar back then, and the average Zimbabwean's income was much higher.