Roe and Casey to be overturned by SCOTUS; Draft opinion by Alito leaks to POLITICO

Will the draft opinion hold when pending cases are ruled?

• Total voters

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
What's the alternative?

If it's "stay home and let the GOP win everything" then that just doesn't cut it, at least for me.
the alternative isn't that. :why:

The alternative is to work in your community and get the candidates that are actually interested in serving the people instead of preselected DNC choices.

We have to break out of this defeatist attitude where we sit back and think our elected leaders don’t have to do anything. It’s killing people.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

The alternative is to work in your community and get the candidates that are actually interested in serving the people instead of preselected DNC choices.

We have to break out of this defeatist attitude where we sit back and think our elected leaders don’t have to do anything. It’s killing people.
Ok. And?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
JigHQhU.png

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

Everything you said is absolutely correct but in that, you can't ignore national representatives who would have the ability to strangle or limit the power of the local officials you've worked hard to put in place. We have to play in that system for the time being. We have to work up and down the ballot until the local officials are overwhelmingly in position to move to the next level.

It's unfortunately a long game, that republicans have mastered. We have to strategize by growing and supporting our grassroots candidates and then supporting their efforts to elevate out of the local sphere. A great example of this is Stacy Abrahams. She isn't ready for the WH or Washington yet but we have to rally our support for her gubernatorial run now with a plan in 8 to 12 years to get her to that next level. We need to do that with as many of "our" candidates as possible.

We have to focus less on the now and more on the later.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
you can't ignore national representatives who would have the ability to strangle or limit the power of the local officials you've worked hard to put in place.
I didn’t ignore them. My post says find the people in your community that you see are working for the people. Help them get elected.

Everything I’m saying is about the long game. Local, state and federal.

Edit: and I see what you mean about Stacy abrams but she is much of the same politically as we get from mainstream democrats.

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
What's the alternative?

If it's "stay home and let the GOP win everything" then that just doesn't cut it, at least for me.
Right now the plan is to “mobilize” and get “good” candidates on the ticket.

Unfortunately the answers stop when after mobilizing, you are sitting in the booth in November and your preferred candidate isn’t on the ticket.

Our favorites in here get quiet on what to do when that reality hits.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damage control. I'd rather have someone in office who won't do anything than someone who will actively turn back progress.

It sucks but that's a lot of what politics is :yeshrug:
nah, lets just run an AOC in that district and lose it to a republican. much better strategy :salute: