Roe and Casey to be overturned by SCOTUS; Draft opinion by Alito leaks to POLITICO

Will the draft opinion hold when pending cases are ruled?

• Total voters
Daps
Do you have any evidence of this?

I'm fukking crying at how that shyt got posted like we should just accept it as the normative gospel reality of what's happening. :russ:

Breh didn't even bother to give us a twitter account with 2 or 3 retweets and 27 followers to back up his claim. He just shat on "the left" for not voting, collected his daps, and kept it moving like a G.

:mjlol:

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Thread by @gregolear on Thread Reader App

Greg Olear

May 5 • 37 tweets • 6 min read
Let's talk about "Justice" Sam Alito and the religious fanatic behind the curtain who has captured the Supreme Court, Leonard Leo.

#Scalito
#ForcedBirthIsFascism
#ForcedBirthers

[THREAD]
1/ WHAT LEONARD LEO wants you to know about Leonard Leo, first and foremost, is that he is a Knight of Malta. It’s an extremely selective group. Of the 1.2 billion Catholics in the world, only 13,000 are Knights of Malta—although most of them don’t go around bragging about it.

2/ Leo, I’m told, is very proud of this honor. First, because it demonstrates just how radically Catholic his radical Catholicism runs. And second, because it speaks to his importance.

3/ Knight of Malta membership is the sort of status symbol that eluded Leo, growing up middle-class in the suburbs of central New Jersey, where his Monroe Township (public) High School classmates derisively nicknamed him “Moneybags.”

4/ Leo’s mother and step-father weren’t blue bloods. He wasn’t some wealthy boarding school kid. Poor guy had to make due with CORNELL instead of Harvard or Yale. He was a nobody.

5/ But look at him now! Leo, 57, has made himself one of the most powerful figures in the country. He’s put five—count ‘em, FIVE!—justices on the Supreme Court: Barrett, Kavanaugh, Gorsuch, Alito, and Roberts. A sixth, Clarence Thomas, is one of his closest friends.

6/ And, perhaps most impressively, Leo quietly led the 2016 crusade to deny Merrick Garland a hearing, when Barack Obama nominated the highly-regarded jurist to replace the late Antonin Scalia (another of Leo’s pals).

7/ In the lower courts, he’s been even busier. Leo’s installed so many judges on so many courts, it makes you wonder if he really IS the instrument of God’s will he believes himself to be.

8/ You wouldn’t know it to look at him. Leonard Leo is a short, foppish, pear-shaped man, in wire-rimmed glasses and pricey suits. Think a dandier George Constanza, or if The Penguin worked at Jones Day.

9/ How does he wield so much power? Networking. Like an invasive cancer, Leo's metastasized from the Federalist Society to the broader conservative legal community. Leo knows anyone & everyone, from CJ Roberts to Mick Mulvaney to the sommelier at Morton’s who pours out the vino.

10/ But it’s the financial networking that moves the needle. Leo sits like a giant spider at the center of a complicated web of non-profits and PACs and 501-whatevers:

11/ The Federalist Society, which identifies, develops, and grooms future conservative judges. The Judicial Crisis Network, the PR arm of the operation. The Becket Fund, a legal outfit that does pro bono work for religious freedom cases.

12/ The Freedom and Opportunity Fund, which helped bankroll the Brett Kavanaugh nomination hoo-ha. Reclaim New York, a charity Leo set up in 2013 with Rebekah Mercer and Steve Bannon. The Council for National Policy, the Christian coalition group. And God knows how many others.

13/ For non-profits, these entities sure do rake in the cash. Leo’s association with Mercer and Bannon has been a veritable gold mine. Between 2014-17, they collected A QUARTER OF A BILLION DOLLARS in dark money donations—an almost unfathomable pile of cash.

14/ That vast pool of dough sloshes around from one dark money org to the next, where it can best be deployed. Leo plants op-eds in newspapers, and he buys ads, and he hires PR outfits to do marketing campaigns…

15/ …and he lobbies, and he does it in such a way that no one can see the radical Catholic Oz behind the curtain, with his gold fob and his decanter of Château Lafite.

16/ The strain of radical Catholicism practiced by Leo and his ilk bears little resemblance to the Catholic Church in my own New Jersey hometown, where I was confirmed, or the one I encountered among the joyful Jesuits at Georgetown University, where I went to school.

17/ As I understand it, the Church is about helping those less fortunate. That’s supposed to be the primary focus. Plenty of Catholic charities, and plenty of good Catholics, understand this and behave accordingly.

18/ But Leo’s is a dour, zero-sum faith—pure, inflexible, unswerving. Less inquisition, more Inquisition.

And this is no act. He really believes this crap.

19/ When I asked if Leo’s faith was sincere, Tom Carter, who was communications director at USCIRF from 2009-2012, when Leo was the de facto chief, told me: “He believes he’s on a mission from God.”

20/ That mission is to mold the judicial branch to his liking, and in so doing, to do away with Roe and protections for the LGBTQ community.

21/ This is Leo’s holy war. He wants to foist his extremist religious beliefs on all of us, to annihilate the firewall between Church and State, to impose a medieval legal system that mirrors his radical Catholic faith—call it “Mari’a Law.”

22/ Because this strain of radical Catholicism lacks a proper name, it is harder for non-Catholics to make the distinction. This also makes it easy for its critics to be accused of being prejudiced against Catholics (which is NOT the case).

23/ Along with former Attorney General Bill Barr, Leonard Leo served on the board of the Catholic Information Center, the Opus Dei stronghold on K Street in Washington, a few blocks from the White House.

24/ As such, he must have been influenced by the former head of that same Catholic Information Center, Father C. John McCloskey, an Opus Dei priest.

25/ McCloskey was singlehandedly responsible for recruiting a number of powerful Washington insiders to…well, if not Opus Dei proper, then something decidedly un-American.

26/ Whatever eschatological hocus-pocus McCloskey may have subjected these individuals to, none of them seem like exemplary human beings to me—including McCloskey himself.

27/ The priest was removed from his position at the Catholic Information Center when he was accused of sexual misconduct by a woman involved with the Center—not the first time he was booted out of a plum job.

28/ Opus Dei paid almost a million bucks to settle the case, and insists that the former priestly powerbroker now “suffers from advanced Alzheimer’s…[and] has not had any pastoral assignments for a number of years and is no longer able to celebrate Mass, even privately.”

29/ The point is, the moral leader of Leonard Leo’s little group is a handsy man of the cloth who cost Opus Dei $977,000 because he couldn’t keep his mitts off a parishioner, and who in the aftermath of the scandal wound up banished from public life.

30/ Leo and his pals are proponents of what Bill Barr, in his controversial 2019 speech at Notre Dame, called “the traditional moral order,” which is a euphemism for “hatred of the LGBTQ community, atheists, agnostics, Muslims, immigrants, and women.”

31/ McCloskey spoke of a “relatively bloodless” civil war, because it’s “not possible” for people like him to peacefully coexist with the LGBTQ community.

32/ Leo, as Jay Michaelson succinctly explains in The Daily Beast, believes that “most of the New Deal and administrative state are unconstitutional…[and] that women and LGBT people are not ‘protected classes’ under constitutional law.”

33/ The thing is, those are unpopular positions, reviled by a healthy majority of Americans. Given the demographic trends in the United States, the only way Leo & Co. can bring the country back to the pre-New Deal era is to establish a dictatorship—a radical Catholic caliphate.

34/ THIS is who Sam Alito is. This is who placed him on the Court. This is who he answers to. (Same with Thomas, Roberts, ACB, Gorsuch, and Boof.)

Ultimately, what these people want is inconsistent with democracy.

Leonard Leo is a demon who has taken possession of the body politic. Send for the exorcist. Cast him out.

[END]

Full article, with links:
• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I'm fukking crying at how that shyt got posted like we should just accept it as the normative gospel reality of what's happening. :russ:

Breh didn't even bother to give us a twitter account with 2 or 3 retweets from an account with 27 followers to back up his claim. He just shat on "the left" for not voting, collected his daps, and kept it moving like a G.

:mjlol:
He didn’t care at all.

What bothers me most is he shytted in protesting like goofy shill he aspires to be. His brain has been gloryholed by CNN, MSNBC and other clown outfits that he called anti abortion protestors hippies like some square from the ‘60s.

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

Once tyranny starts, tyranny doesn't stop
Daps
I been telling you dudes for 5 years this country is in a racial/culture war and the short term play for long term success is to move out the US. Radicalism Era is upon us. Get out while you can.

Black people had an opening entering the 2000s, but decided protecting ignorance and 'no snitching' bullshyt was more important than monetary/cultural unification.

My suggestion now is to go get a foreign woman or a compassionate white woman with $$$ and start a family using split white + black idealism and ideology. This is the way...

Daps
The leftist and liberal discourse on protesting outside of justice’s homes is fascinating. It’s like a real time example of why these people will keep losing and why power cannot be had. I’m seeing people justify doxxing and say “violence” works but it’s the same people who didn’t vote in 2020 and never vote in local elections. Instead they want to do all this performative shyt that has no impact on anything.

I’m on record blaming RBG for all this but the 2020 election was still a massively consequential election that could have prevented this too. It was like the safety net.

These people don’t understand power or the zero sum game this is. Letting psychos and freaks win elections because you don’t think your guy is leftist enough doesn’t help you. It hurts you. Because the more psychos and freaks win, the more they do stuff like banning abortion and gay shyt. Maybe this has to happen to wake people up.
Harassing someone at their home is performative? Also anyone protesting outside of the house of a fukking scotus judge 100% participates in elections( 90% of the country couldn’t name one of those a$$holes), fukk are you even rambling on about here?

Also “the vote harder” rhetoric is dumb when liberals can’t pass the John Lewis voting act and VRA has been stripped to the bone to keep republicans from ever suffering consequences for the shyt. Are you even paying attention or did you just want to whine about progressives because that’s all y’all liberals do on here anymore?

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Harassing someone at their home is performative? Also anyone protesting outside of the house of a fukking scotus judge 100% participates in elections( 90% of the country couldn’t name one of those a$$holes), fukk are you even rambling on about here?

Also “the vote harder” rhetoric is dumb when liberals can’t pass the John Lewis voting act and VRA has been stripped to the bone to keep republicans from ever suffering consequences for the shyt. Are you even paying attention or did you just want to whine about progressives because that’s all y’all liberals do on here anymore?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

The people cheering the "protest" on the loudest seem to be leftists who always enjoy performative shyt that has no bearing on anything. Calling for "violence" and never doing shyt. lol

Vote harder is such a weird, asinine take. Vote. Beyond being a civic duty I think it's pretty clear you've got one side that literally wants to take all your rights away. Seems like a good idea to prevent them from winning when you can right.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The people cheering the "protest" on the loudest seem to be leftists who always enjoy performative shyt that has no bearing on anything. Calling for "violence" and never doing shyt. lol

Vote harder is such a weird, asinine take. Vote. Beyond being a civic duty I think it's pretty clear you've got one side that literally wants to take all your rights away. Seems like a good idea to prevent them from winning when you can right.

Do you have any evidence of this?

Daps

I still don’t get what ur fukking rambling about. You also didn’t answer any questions. How is harassing a scotus judge at their home to the point that they rushed through a bill to beef up their security performative? Mind you the judges own neighbor is the one who organized the protest. I think there’s a very high chance that person and their network of friends vote.

Most peoples votes have been completely made obsolete in red states due to gerrymandering. No amount of voting can make up for the maps they’ve created. This all just anecdotal garbage or some shyt you made up in that lib brain and once again this gets back to

you just want to whine about progressives because that’s all y’all liberals do on here

Last edited:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ

What are you talking about? You still haven’t given any evidence of any of the nonsense you’re saying. Biden got the most votes of any president ever and you’re in here talking about leftists didn’t vote in 2020? Beyond goofy. Punching left for literally no reason. You’re actually mad that people are in the streets making these fukkers uncomfortable. Wow

Daps
What are you talking about? You still haven’t given any evidence of any of the nonsense you’re saying. Biden got the most votes of any president ever and you’re in here talking about leftists didn’t vote in 2020? Beyond goofy. Punching left for literally no reason. You’re actually mad that people are in the streets making these fukkers uncomfortable. Wow
But think of the civility!!!!

I’ve long said liberals care far more about maintaining the status quo and “civility” even above human lives. They’ve yet to prove me wrong on this

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
His 1960s equivalent would have told the Civil Rights movement, Anti-War movement, women's rights movement to stop protesting and get a job and vote. He adores the status quo even though it's failing. Its bizarre. And a group of dummies dapped the original post because they are of the same mind.