Rogue One is by far the best Star Wars movie.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
But because the others made more money, and the fact that not enough people supported it, we didn’t get more Star Wars movies like this.

and because the OG characters were so iconic, recasting them for an entire reboot, starting with episode 4 was completely out of the question.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
A new hope >

Rogue one is easily the best modern Star Wars movie though

modern being the key word. The music, VFX and writing was better. There was more detail and the characters were better fleshed out that when they all died you felt for them more.

when padme died, I didn’t give a shyt. Both her and anikin were annoying and they had no chemistry. the only thing the OG movies got on rogue one is nostalgia.

I would rather get a sequel to rogue one on the form of clone wars than a new era of Star Wars. Darth Vader is their most iconic character but they barely use him.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sorry, but I can't agree...

Episodes III, IV, V, and VI >>>>>>>>>

Rogue One had some dope action scenes near the end, but there wasn't a single memorable character in the movie (not counting cameos from the OG's from the original films).
When I left the theater after seeing it, I didn't remember a single one of the main character's names.
Nobody on that crew had a character arc as heroic as Luke. None of them had Han Solo's swag. None of them were as endearing as the droids.

No Star Wars movie in existence is topping A New Hope, or The Empire Strikes Back.
(Return of the Jedi also gets a pass on the strength of the the throne room showdown and Vader's redemption at the end.)

Episode III is better than any Disney Star Wars movie. It's overrated and it's flawed, but it still gave us the clone wars and a more compelling character arc than anything we got from the cardboard cutout characters in Rogue One. The crappy dialogue and excessive CG held RotS back, but the overall concept of Palpatine tempting Anakin to join the Dark Side is still solid. Dope concept, flawed execution.

I'll put Rogue one over the Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker though.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
Sorry, but I can't agree...

Episodes III, IV, V, and VI >>>>>>>>>

Rogue One had some dope action scenes near the end, but there wasn't a single memorable character in the movie (not counting cameos from the OG's from the original films).
When I left the theater after seeing it, I didn't remember a single one of the main character's names.
Nobody on that crew had a character arc as heroic as Luke. None of them had Han Solo's swag. None of them were as endearing as the droids.

No Star Wars movie in existence is topping A New Hope, or The Empire Strikes Back.
(Return of the Jedi also gets a pass on the strength of the the throne room showdown and Vader's redemption at the end.)

Episode III is better than any Disney Star Wars movie. It's overrated and it's flawed, but it still gave us the clone wars and a more compelling character arc than anything we got from the cardboard cutout characters in Rogue One. The crappy dialogue and excessive CG held RotS back, but the overall concept of Palpatine tempting Anakin to join the Dark Side is still solid. Dope concept, flawed execution.

I'll put Rogue one over the Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker though.

This is a classic example of people confusing nostalgia for epic or great.

Luke's character arc was basic as hell. He really had not real motivation. Obi wan didnt even tell him who Vader really was and was playing unnecessary games.

Harrison Ford stole the shine from Luke

The droids weren't "endearing" as you're trying to play it

The stakes were way higher in Rogue One. It basically set up the events of new hope.

But to each his own :manny:

You and all other fans have proven that you won't rock work star wars unless there are OG characters taking up all the screen time. Its what's held this franchise back honestly.