Rogue One is by far the best Star Wars movie.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
This is a classic example of people confusing nostalgia for epic or great.

Luke's character arc was basic as hell. He really had not real motivation. Obi wan didnt even tell him who Vader really was and was playing unnecessary games.

Harrison Ford stole the shine from Luke

The droids weren't "endearing" as you're trying to play it

The stakes were way higher in Rogue One. It basically set up the events of new hope.

But to each his own :manny:

You and all other fans have proven that you won't rock work star wars unless there are OG characters taking up all the screen time. Its what's held this franchise back honestly.
Good plot

But the characters suck. Jyn Erso is bland. None of the characters have memorable quotes except the Asian side character.

No memorable sets that weren’t recycled from Lucas’ forty years ago.

if the lead had been compelling this would be competing for top spot. No one cares about that solo Cassian series.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Best modern one (anything after Revenge of the Sith, starting at Force Awakens) prolly.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
But because the others made more money, and the fact that not enough people supported it, we didn’t get more Star Wars movies like this.

and because the OG characters were so iconic, recasting them for an entire reboot, starting with episode 4 was completely out of the question.
Definitely got the coldest scene.

Except for the dream works animation at the end.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
. The crappy dialogue and excessive CG held RotS back, but the overall concept of Palpatine tempting Anakin to join the Dark Side is still solid. Dope concept, flawed execution.

i really wish they redid ROTS in TCW animated form with splices from the final episodes we got of TCW this season.

it's a great story which i don't think George Lucas gets enough credit for because overall the prequels did suck as movies, but it really was an epic story being told/completed. i think they could have actually done it justice with TCW Anakin and Padme, i really thought the poor acting from those two characters is what ruined it, could have dropped some of the bad dialogue scenes too.

i still liked the way TCW ended, but i just wish they had done ROTS the justice it deserved, especially since a lot of the TCW versions/performances of those characters are so much better/more layered than the prequel film versions.

Last edited:

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
6 years later .. first time watching it (only just got into star wars, watched the 9 movies of the Skywalker saga first)..

This movie is fukking dope.. definitely made more for a mature audience. Donnie Yen's character and his sidekick were some of my fave characters..and that new droid had good sense of humour and could actually fight unlike CRPO :mjlol:

This movies the best outta the post-Prequels.. just a bit better than Force Awakens which was a good movie

IV>VI>V>Rogue One>III>VII>II>I>>>>>>>>>>> VIII>IX

The final 45 mins of this movie are incredible (by star wars standards)

Can't believe they made a series about Cassien tho :mjlol:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Clone Wars and Revenge of the Sith were actually very decent. Especially in light of the new trilogy.

Rogue One is definitely the best thing Disney Star Wars did.

Is anyone really watching A New Hope or any of the OG trilogy still? When you see them now you actually enjoy them? Cause I grew up on them and I wouldn't sit and watch any of them now.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
6 years later .. first time watching it (only just got into star wars, watched the 9 movies of the Skywalker saga first)..

This movie is fukking dope.. definitely made more for a mature audience. Donnie Yen's character and his sidekick were some of my fave characters..and that new droid had good sense of humour and could actually fight unlike CRPO :mjlol:

This movies the best outta the post-Prequels.. just a bit better than Force Awakens which was a good movie

IV>VI>V>Rogue One>III>VII>II>I>>>>>>>>>>> VIII>IX

The final 45 mins of this movie are incredible (by star wars standards)

Can't believe they made a series about Cassien tho :mjlol:

Andor is actually heat rocks 5 episodes in :whew: