Rumor alert: Retro Studios is working on a StarFox racing game?!

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
A round of internet leaks has suggested Nintendo's Retro Studios - developer of the Metroid Prime trilogy - is working on a Star Fox racing spin-off.

The leaks appeared online over the weekend on reddit and *****, and were then reported this morning on multiplegaming sites and blogs.

So, what do we believe? Well, as improbable as Retro making a Star Fox racing spin-off may sound, Eurogamer sources have heard similar.

Details posted to reddit by user DasVergeben, who has a patchy record, touted Rare's Star Fox project as a racing game "like Diddy Kong Racing mixed with F-Zero".

"It will have an adventure mode of some kind (think Diddy Kong Racing) and there will be some boss fights and a hub world like it too.

"It is called Star Fox Grand Prix."

While I hadn't heard the name - and don't know if that is accurate or final - other details line up with what I have heard. The Star Fox series is traditionally a space (and sometimes land) based vehicle shooter, although it has dabbled in various other genres before.

Shortly after the reddit post went live, a logo for Star Fox Grand Prix separately appeared on *****, that home of reliable video game leaks. Again, I've not heard that name specifically, but the rest of the details line up.

Leaks suggest Nintendo's Retro Studios making Star Fox racing spin-off

All this time retro has been making a starfox racing game:ohhh:

How y’all feel about this if it’s true:patrice:

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Hopefully it's fake.

They could have made Mario Kart 9.
They could have made Diddy Kong Racing.
They could have made F-Zero.

But a Star Fox racing game? shyt makes no sense.

They should just take Starhawk's gameplay, sprinkle some Fortnite battle royale stuff in there, and slap on the Star Fox IP.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Should just give off some kinda spin off game for Star Fox

They should bring back the “paper” concept like they do with Mario

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I trust Retro

Their worst game is Donkey Kong Country Returns. Should tell you all about their track record

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'mma have to pass on this. It's something we never asked for and nobody really wanted. Instead make a good real Star Fox game without gimmick motion controls.