Rumor: WWE Reportedly Going Back To Dual-Branded PPVs

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Posted this in the RAW thread but thought it deserved it's own thread.

411MANIA | WWE Reportedly Making All PPVs Dual-Branded Starting With Backlash

– WWE is reportedly set to make all PPV events dual-branded starting with Backlash in May. Wrestling Inc reports that Ticketmaster has sent an email to ticketholders for Backlash announcing that it is now a dual-brand event, with both Smackdown and Raw stars.

In addition, the WrestleVotes Twitter account reports that all PPVs will be dual-branded starting with Backlash and moving forward, citing “repetitive matches” and “so-so ticket sales” as the reason. WrestleVotes has broken stories in the past, such as Neville’s WWE departure. The account notes that weekly TV will remain separated.

WWE has yet to comment on this story.

How does TSC feel about WWE going back to dual-branded PPVs? I think it's bad for midcarders who are already not getting much time but it'll probably give us better shows.

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
The brand split will quietly end (again) then the largest deavors season in history begins
It’s going to basically be night of champions for every ppv now so that will leave very lil room for mid card fued ppv matches so a lot of guys and girls are going to be preshow status damm. We already seen Sasha get stuck being on the preshow when she is above that.

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
It’s all about the money Smackdown has been struggling because they keep treating it as the b show and not treating it like Raw and giving it enough surprises and big moment angles.

Outside of AJ winning the belt over Jinder and Owens taking out Vince there hasn’t been enough big shocking moment on Smackdown to keep views coming back for more.