Sacramento’s rent control law goes into effect today.

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Word my favorite grandma lives right off the corner of Greenhaven and Parklin. They own though, and there's actually a decent amount of black homeowners out The Pocket...

If I can ever sell my daughters mother to move to Sac, I'd want to raise my girls in Greenhaven...
I’m pretty sure the biggest population of black middle upper class homeowners are in the pocket. A lot of older black sorority/frat people live off in there

Daps
The future of California for blacks may run through Sacramento, I said it before...

Most of us are renters, and not having ownership is a whole other problem plaguing blacks coast to coast, but at least taking measures to ensure we aren't just running (black) renters away because of unsustainable and unaffordable rent hikes, at least this is a starting point...
iu

racial-dot-map.jpg

They aren't renting because their money is going to wings and Champion hoddies, brother.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I’m pretty sure the biggest population of black middle upper class homeowners are in the pocket. A lot of older black sorority/frat people live off in there

Yeah, there and Natomas, there's some strong black homeownership out there too...

Natomas too far away from everything, so given a choice, I'd choose The Pocket, but the fact that there are so few areas in Sac with solid middle class black communities means I advocate for blacks repopulating all these areas that years ago we woulda been in trouble for being in...

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The future of California for blacks may run through Sacramento, I said it before...

Most of us are renters, and not having ownership is a whole other problem plaguing blacks coast to coast, but at least taking measures to ensure we aren't just running (black) renters away because of unsustainable and unaffordable rent hikes, at least this is a starting point...

You have to get into the apartment first. They can discriminate during the credit/background check.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
So you think you just ask a tenant to leave an affordable apartment without cause? You think someone gives a shyt about your family members and will leave at a moments notice because you need it when they signed a lease? Get real.

I don’t know what city you live in where you can’t get a tenant out for family reasons. If that guys tenant lease is running out, and he wants the apartment for family reasons, the law will be on his side(because of family reasons) even if the tenant is paying rent.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you think you just ask a tenant to leave an affordable apartment without cause? You think someone gives a shyt about your family members and will leave at a moments notice because you need it when they signed a lease? Get real.

what are you talking about breh? if you're a landlord and your tenants lease is about to expire, then you're not obligated to keep renting it out. you don't need any reason and you shouldn't. it's your property.

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Yeah, there and Natomas, there's some strong black homeownership out there too...

Natomas too far away from everything, so given a choice, I'd choose The Pocket, but the fact that there are so few areas in Sac with solid middle class black communities means I advocate for blacks repopulating all these areas that years ago we woulda been in trouble for being in...
I’m in Natomas breh it’s not that far. Plus they’re building a ton of shyt out here. Everything I need in sac is within 20-25 minutes north or south

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
what are you talking about breh? if you're a landlord and your tenants lease is about to expire, then you're not obligated to keep renting it out. you don't need any reason and you shouldn't. it's your property.
Goal post moving now? Now the lease is about to expire. Keep your story straight. If the tenant has a two year lease and it’s month 3 since we moving the goal post, should the tenant just move or fight the eviction?

Berry

Negro Swan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Okaga,CA
Is the weather good in Sac town like L.A. and Oakland :patrice:
Last time I was there the summers were very hot and the winters were super cold. It has good qualities outside of that and you can always take a weekend drive to the bay if you wanna explore

I.Go

Bay Area Big Steppa
Daps
Reppin
Whole time I thought you were from The Bay or formerly lived in Sac...

I just moved to Natomas a few months ago. It ain't that bad considering I came from Fairfield.

No homeless people
Only seen the cops once
Everybody minding their business so far
Alot of bay area people in the area
10min Uber to downtown and the airport

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
the average rent increase in cali is 5% though.. hopefully this doesnt make people double the increase to the max