Sad shyt... look what American fast food did to Kuwait

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Uncle Sam says: YOU'RE WELCOME :lolbron:

Can you imagine if Mickey Ds,BK,Popeyes and KFC actually delivered to homes all over the US. :demonic:

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Americans are children, and not very smart or responsible ones.

Free healthcare with the liberty of drowning your liver with alcohol, fast food every day, living a lazy & drunken sedentary lifestyle with free healthcare is grossly irresponsible of a govt to support.
It is also irresponsible of the people to request it.

At the very least give an opt out option, where those who choose can not contribute to or use free healthcare. Such people can keep those tax dollars & rely on the private sector for healthcare.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Americans are children, and not very smart or responsible ones.

Free healthcare with the liberty of drowning your liver with alcohol, fast food every day, living a lazy & drunken sedentary lifestyle with free healthcare is grossly irresponsible of a govt to support.
It is also irresponsible of the people to request it.

At the very least give an opt out option, where those who choose can not contribute to or use free healthcare. Such people can keep those tax dollars & rely on the private sector for healthcare.

@DEAD7 you found some kin. :sas1:

I understand your POV, but I disagree.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
We can also bring IOT into this.
Your toilet can connect to a cloud service where your urine is analyzed & based on results of NOT pre-existing conditions but only what you eat & drink that can affect your taxes.

If healthy food is the same price as fast food, then I'm willing to consider that option.

im not sure i follow :skip: you should be responsible for the healthcare costs associated with your flabby sickness, no?

That's what paying taxes and co-pays are for, no?

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Do you believe people should be free to consume what they want or no?
:leostare:
yes but what does that have to do with national governments poorly dealing with the obesity crisis :gucci::gucci:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
are you implying that you need the government to tell you what to eat :mindblown:

everyone knows mcdonalds is fukkin bad for you. why are you treating these people like children?
When it's a national health crisis I believe big brother should step in.

The invisible hand aint working in this case @DEAD7 :beli:
Natural selection is though :ehh:

Point being, the role of government is to step in when people can't fend for themselves. In this case it's time the government role out a more comprehensive intervention regarding education, maybe proposing some alternatives to fast food. Let's see some action on policy regarding the limitation of the multiplicity of fast food restaurants within a square mile radius.....

I don't really give a shyt, but these are just ideas I have. I don't eat garbage.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
If you're free to consume whatever you want, you should have free healthcare to go with it. :manny:
no you got it wrong. if you have the freedom to consume whatever you want then the govt shouldn't have to provide you with shyt because your freedom to make bad health choices shouldn't cost the taxpayers. free healthcare should come with more govt regulations on the things that result in bad health and increase health costs.

you can't have free health care and the freedom to choose recklessness.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Lot of bullshyt in this thread. :hhh:

Policing what people eat is silly and won't fly. I don't mind a tax on certain unhealthy foods (for example soda) but we don't need the government trying to ban certain foods and police what people eat. And yes, we should have single-payer healthcare because that's the most efficient way to take care of the most people regardless of other factors.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
no you got it wrong. if you have the freedom to consume whatever you want then the govt shouldn't have to provide you with shyt because your freedom to make bad health choices shouldn't cost the taxpayers. free healthcare should come with more govt regulations on the things that result in bad health and increase health costs.

you can't have free health care and the freedom to choose recklessness.
I want my cake and eat it too. :whew:

Just a got triple bypass surgery, heading to mcdonald's celebrate with a mcrib, extra large fries, and a large shake.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I want my cake and eat it too. :whew:

Just a got triple bypass surgery, heading to mcdonald's celebrate with a mcrib, extra large fries, and a large shake.

So should we also deny healthcare to people who smoke since that's unhealthy (maybe even moreso than fast food)? Certain amount of packs a day? What about marijuana? That's bad too in some cases and can cause health issues.

I'm thin, but I like to drink on the weekends and don't exercise as much as I should. Guess I shouldn't be eligible either, after all wouldn't want to cost the taxpayers money if I ever get sick.

So I'm just trying to figure out at what point you're healthy enough to "deserve" healthcare. :patrice:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
So should we also deny healthcare to people who smoke since that's unhealthy (maybe even moreso than fast food)? Certain amount of packs a day? What about marijuana? That's bad too in some cases and can cause health issues.

I'm thin, but I like to drink on the weekends and don't exercise as much as I should. Guess I shouldn't be eligible either, after all wouldn't want to cost the taxpayers money if I ever get sick.

So I'm just trying to figure out at what point you're healthy enough to "deserve" healthcare. :patrice:
in our employer provided health insurance system smokers are discriminated against. your premium is higher if you're a smoker because you cost more.