Sad shyt... look what American fast food did to Kuwait

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
So should we also deny healthcare to people who smoke since that's unhealthy (maybe even moreso than fast food)? Certain amount of packs a day? What about marijuana? That's bad too in some cases and can cause health issues.

I'm thin, but I like to drink on the weekends and don't exercise as much as I should. Guess I shouldn't be eligible either, after all wouldn't want to cost the taxpayers money if I ever get sick.

So I'm just trying to figure out at what point you're healthy enough to "deserve" healthcare. :patrice:
Look man I'm just throwing ideas there to get people to think.

What i truly believe is people should do whatever the fukk they want, but basic healthcare should be free for all, regardless of their personal behavior. Anyone who says otherwise better get ready to shift through some stats and data sets with me.

With that said going back to playing devil's advocate, all I'm simply purposing is some government initiative towards curbing the behavior. People will ultimately do what they fukking want, but if enough people are educated on the consequences associated with unhealthy eating habits then there may be a shift in behavior. I mean shyt, my diet isn't perfect but after viewing the clip and seeing a moderately overweight middle age man, lose his leg, due to not changing his lifestyle choices I'm definitely going be more cautious.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Look man I'm just throwing ideas there to get people to think.

What i truly believe is people should do whatever the fukk they want, but basic healthcare should be free for all, regardless of their personal behavior. Anyone who says otherwise better get ready to shift through some stats and data sets with me.

With that said going back to playing devil's advocate, all I'm simply purposing is some government initiative towards curbing the behavior. People will ultimately do what they fukking want, but if enough people are educated on the consequences associated with unhealthy eating habits then there may be a shift in behavior. I mean shyt, my diet isn't perfect but after viewing the clip and seeing a moderately overweight middle age man, to lose his leg, due to not change his lifestyle choices I'm definitely going be more cautious.

I agree that people should try to curb unhealthy behavior, but trying to ban certain foods (or test people's urine to see what they ate :heh: ) or stop them from receiving healthcare is an awful way to go about it.

Just tax food that's overly unhealthy and have that go towards healthcare. :manny:

That way people with bad eating habits "pay" more without people being denied healthcare.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
I mention those specifically, because the US government cracked down hard on cigarette advertising (and alcohol ads to a degree.)

Many states have also banned smoking areas from restaurants, bars, and other public spaces.

No one's liberty was infringed, and these laws have resulted in fewer deaths and hospital visits overall.

Smoke-Free Laws Are Saving Lives

Therefore, we have an instance of the government intervening in the free market with regulation...
...and as a result, more people were able to express their individual liberties. :stephena1:
If they wanna cut the advertising of fast food that’s fine
:yeshrug:
But food bans:francis:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
If they wanna cut the advertising of fast food that’s fine
:yeshrug:
But food bans:francis:

This is a stunning admission! :bpohh:
What about the government limiting the liberties of ad agencies to engage in free enterprise? :troll:
Shouldn't we let the markets decide what ads should and should not be displayed?:troll:
After all, ads are just ads, you can choose whether to be influenced by them or not, right? :trollbronshrug:
On the serious tip, though: don't we already employ certain types of food regulations to ensure that no one can sell food with misleading labeling? :bpthink:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Uncle Sam says: YOU'RE WELCOME :lolbron:

Can you imagine if Mickey Ds,BK,Popeyes and KFC actually delivered to homes all over the US. :demonic:

They do on Uber Eats. :mjlol:

But, Is McD’s any more unhealthy than Chinese takeout though?

I think our biggest problem is not the actual food, but over eating. In the 50s, the regular cheeseburger, small fries and small soda were the standard portions. Now, most people order that for kids.

Even when you go to the movies, the regular drink is 32 ounces. 32 fukking ounces. Yet I see people pay an extra dollar for the “large” which is like 64 ounces.

I’m like, who drinks 32 let alone 64 ounces of soda in one two hour sitting?

But we all have our vices. I’m against the government dictating what adults can and cannot do if their behavior is not hurting others.

With that said, I do think healthy behavior should be incentivized.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
This is a GLOBAL phenomenon. It's way more complex than "it's only your fault". Of course, these fat cats bare a part of responsibility, but it's bigger than that.

Obesity is the kid of modern industrialized lifestyle.

Most people, especially the new middle class of emergent countries, don't have the knowledge to understand the implication of their food. Culinary traditions established for centuries are being wiped out in a decade and replace by fast-food. So these people are lost and used fo profit.