Sad shyt... look what American fast food did to Kuwait

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I never said that.
It doesn't seem much more complicated than that to me, unless there's something I'm missing something.

Most studies I've read show that healthy diets might be more expensive, but only slightly. It's basically negligible, so that argument misses me.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
It doesn't seem much more complicated than that to me, unless there's something I'm missing something.

Most studies I've read show that healthy diets might be more expensive, but only slightly. It's basically negligible, so that argument misses me.

It's not about money. Read one of my previous comments.

Also, what was the countries used for that study ?

Why do you think obesity becomes a major problem every time (or almost) a country start to have a middle class and to be industrialized ?

The main issue with obesity is socio-cultural. Obesity did not come out of nowhere: it was created by a certain types of socio-economic environnement. You can't reduce it to an issue of self discipline and individual choices. Of course this aspect plays a role, but it's bigger than that. Telling people to discipline themselves is a part of the solution, but it won't be enough to resolve this issue.

Individuals solutions never solve systemic problems. Never.

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
It's not about money. Read one of my previous comments.

Also, what was the countries used for that study ?

Why do you think obesity becomes a major problem every time (or almost) a country start to have a middle class and to be industrialized ?

The main issue with obesity is socio-cultural. Obesity did not come out of nowhere: it was created by a certain types of socio-economic environnement. You can't reduce it to an issue of self discipline and individual choices. Of course this aspect plays a role, but it's bigger than that. Telling people to discipline themselves is a part of the solution, but it won't be enough to resolve this issue.

Individuals solutions never solve systemic problems. Never.
Appreciate your reply.

And, while I agree, finding some sort of legislative solution doesn't seem possible unless you're willing to go pretty far down the state-control rabbit hole.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
They do on Uber Eats. :mjlol:

But, Is McD’s any more unhealthy than Chinese takeout though?

I think our biggest problem is not the actual food, but over eating. In the 50s, the regular cheeseburger, small fries and small soda were the standard portions. Now, most people order that for kids.

Even when you go to the movies, the regular drink is 32 ounces. 32 fukking ounces. Yet I see people pay an extra dollar for the “large” which is like 64 ounces.

I’m like, who drinks 32 let alone 64 ounces of soda in one two hour sitting?

But we all have our vices. I’m against the government dictating what adults can and cannot do if their behavior is not hurting others.

With that said, I do think healthy behavior should be incentivized.
I went to see Deadpool yesterday and got a “medium” slush that bytch looked like a extra large. I was low key embarrassed walking into the theater with that shyt :mjlol: Had no idea it was that big :dame:

at least me and my lady could share :ehh:

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
I think it's kinda cool to see how similar the rest of the world is to us.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I had Pizza Hut in India, that was :scust:

Had it in Egypt and it was :ehh:
Had to listen to Jay-z after this post :scusthov:

Don't cry for me Argentina, I mobbed the beamer
Took trips abroad, got mobbed in Sardina
In Ibiza I had pizza in the club