Sen. Gillibrand vs Sen. Warren

Scoop

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, FL
Gillibrand seems more palpable for general election purposes...

Both are borderline robots though and would be the wrong choice for the Democratic Party.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Gillibrand seems more palpable for general election purposes...

Both are borderline robots though and would be the wrong choice for the Democratic Party.

She seems just as palpable as the Baltimore mayor that ran in the Dem primaries in 2016. And we saw what that looked like.

Palpable = less baggage? We don't seriously think that wins elections do we?

Does anyone have a resume or credentials for this woman? Or people just mentioning her because she's white and a woman?

Scoop

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, FL
She seems just as palpable as the Baltimore mayor that ran in the Dem primaries in 2016. And we saw what that looked like.

Palpable = less baggage? We don't seriously think that wins elections do we?

Does anyone have a resume or credentials for this woman? Or people just mentioning her because she's white and a woman?

For Gillibrand? I think a lot of it is woman + New York. (Heck, Hillary knew this and that's why she did what she did when she ran for a senate seat in NY instead of Arkansas)

Every state gets two senators, but not all senators are "equal" in regards to media exposure. Why do you all think Harris, Warren and Gillibrand get a lot of attention but Heinrich doesn't? It's the media markets they represent.

(By palpable, I meant more relatable and personable to voters).

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
There is no bigger grandstander than Elizabeth Warren besides maybe Bernie. The right will hate her with the fever pitch that they did Hillary. I don't think America is ready to have a woman president unfortunately.

She had a better chance than Hillary. If it wasn't for party politics, Warren would have gotten Hillary TFOH. But she's killed some of her vibe with the progressive side of her party.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
She had a better chance than Hillary. If it wasn't for party politics, Warren would have gotten Hillary TFOH. But she's killed some of her vibe with the progressive side of her party.

It seems to me the progressive wing's opinion isnt taken very seriously within the DNC. Too much of the old guard clinging to power.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
It seems to me the progressive wing's opinion isnt taken very seriously within the DNC. Too much of the old guard clinging to power.

True. Old Guard is still stuck on the old playbook. They're not trying to let go of power. Democrats aren't winning in 2018 because of their policies. It's because Democrats consider Trump too dangerous to leave unchecked. As they should. But I have a feeling that won't work in 2020. Democrats are gonna have to acquiesce to the progressive wing far more than they did in 2016.

I'm checking out Justice Democrats, Sanders candidates in 2018 and 2020. In case people aren't nuanced enough to understand how this works. JD and Sanders candidates are gonna be sub-parties within the Democratic Party. Not their own separate parties. The GP party will throw their support to one of those two groups.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
There is no bigger grandstander than Elizabeth Warren besides maybe Bernie. The right will hate her with the fever pitch that they did Hillary. I don't think America is ready to have a woman president unfortunately.

Grandstander? Bernie's been in the streets forever. Warren was done the minute Bernie announced and she ain't endorse. She's a shill.

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
There are a number of ways this can be played :jbhmm:

Still too early to call. The Dems and their people need to show up in November.

1. Regain House and Senate.
2. Impeach Trump.

These two things need to happen first otherwise he will cruise to another 4 years easily just off the strength of his base.

BUT off the top of my head:

Kamala - I like her but white people do not

Warren - The Native American thing was the end of her POTUS quest...cabinet yes but that's about it...

Biden - Safest Choice. He'd wallop any Right Winger including Trump. Easily.

Bernie - Safe Choice but is getting older. The Right will pounce on any sign of frailty the same way they did Hillary

Gillibrand - Interesting Choice considering her Blue Dog ties and previous tussles with El Cheeto. Not as polarizing a female figure as Hillary but the left will remember her throwing Al Franken under the bus...

Booker - Sit

The Rock - The fukk

Oprah - DOWN

I agree with the idea that Biden is probably the best choice for Dems. My only concern is if he has any #MeToo problems in the past.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I agree with the idea that Biden is probably the best choice for Dems. My only concern is if he has any #MeToo problems in the past.
This is what I've always thought about Biden.

Biden has always been a sweet talker and a charmer....even in his younger days he was a good looking man and had a magnetic personality.

Remember when him and Obeezy were on the campaign trail or visiting those small towns in an attempt to reach out to the people?

APTOPIX_Obama_2012-0afab.jpg

My thoughts are that if Biden was dirty, that shyt would have came out YEARS ago...but you never know....

Shikamaru

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bernie Sanders is going to win the Democratic Primary and become the President in 2020. Runner-up is Kamala Harris.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
John Stewart is the perfect candidate to offset Trump's fukkery, thought I highly doubt he has any interest.

Career politicians are going to be seriously hesitant to jeopardize it all in going against Trump, I think. The shyt is going to be ugly.