Sen. Gillibrand vs Sen. Warren

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Gillibrand is basically Hillary 2.0 and Warren is quick to back down.

If that's the best the Dems can do, then :snoop:

It'll probably come down to Bernie and whoever his VP pick will be.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gillibrand would stand a chance if the metoo movement had happened in 2020 , she became the political face of it but I think when it dissipates she would have to stand on her record which i think is more centrist. Biden is a surprise to me because he manages to get some leftists on his side but the dude has a past record that is no different to HRC on the issues. He took credit for authoring the crime bill, was even nicknamed MBNA senator because of his closeness to credit card companies. Everything that the left did not like in Clinton's past Biden has probably shared the same positions. He is a white working class solution to the Dems which is probably the reason he was considered for VP. He also recently apologized for the Anita Hill stuff which will no doubt be dragged in an election campaign. There is also an article Politico did about how he changed his mind on busing after his white constituents were vehemently opposed to it.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I agree with the idea that Biden is probably the best choice for Dems. My only concern is if he has any #MeToo problems in the past.

This is what I've always thought about Biden.

Biden has always been a sweet talker and a charmer....even in his younger days he was a good looking man and had a magnetic personality.

Remember when him and Obeezy were on the campaign trail or visiting those small towns in an attempt to reach out to the people?

APTOPIX_Obama_2012-0afab.jpg

My thoughts are that if Biden was dirty, that shyt would have came out YEARS ago...but you never know....

It's amazing how many Democrats/liberals love Biden, but hate Hillary, as if he's not LITERALLY her congressional doppelganger

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
It's amazing how many Democrats/liberals love Biden, but hate Hillary, as if he's not LITERALLY her congressional doppelganger
Biden is far more likeable than Hillary though

Remember: Americans like someone who they think they can have a beer with or relate to

Triipe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Fulton / Mississippi
Yeah, but Hillary's actually hated because of her politics and policy - which Joe Biden has exemplified.
Biden is a sock puppet and ain't shyt.

5 pages and no one has mentioned Tulsi Gabbard???

220px-Tulsi_Gabbard.jpg

Tulsi Gabbard (@TulsiGabbard) on Twitter

She has got the best chance at appealing to on the border republicans as well as Dems that weren't enthused about Hilldog. She's a vet, doesn't support gun control like most other Dems and is pro choice to a degree...

At the Democratic National Convention, she was reportedly swamped with attention from other state delegates. “They like Tulsi because she stood up to the Democratic Party establishment,” said one.

Gabbard is also a pretty reliably progressive voice in the House on a host of domestic issues. As far back as 2012, she was calling for restoring Glass-Steagall. She opposed any cuts to Medicare or Social Security under the Obama-backed Simpson-Bowles proposal. She believes Obamacare didn’t go far enough and supports universal health care. She’s against nuclear energy, pushed to curb the NSA’s bulk collection of data, and personally protested the Dakota Access Pipeline.

But really who knows, got a feeling there will be another term for Trump before another candidate really has a chance. With Trump riding the success of the economy(if it continues), he will be near impossible to challenge

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah, but Hillary's actually hated because of her politics and policy - which Joe Biden has exemplified.
I always thought people hated Hillary the person...people I know who dislike her always go on about how she's so much of a politician and comes across as "fake"

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I always thought people hated Hillary the person...people I know who dislike her always go on about how she's so much of a politician and comes across as "fake"
Healthcare.
Prison Bill.
Welfare Reform.

Bill's faults are considered her faults, so Hillary "the person" is Hillary "the politician". You can be robotic and still like a politicians "politics". (let's just keep this back and forth focused to us on the left) Opponents of Hillary rarely, if ever, disparage Biden the same way. Which is crazy because Hillary was not an actual elected congresswoman. Biden was. We have his track record. He is the Hillary Clinton opponents of Hillary hate, yet we've allowed this "well Biden would've united the party" sentiment go unchecked.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Biden is a sock puppet and ain't shyt.

5 pages and no one has mentioned Tulsi Gabbard???

220px-Tulsi_Gabbard.jpg

Tulsi Gabbard (@TulsiGabbard) on Twitter

She has got the best chance at appealing to on the border republicans as well as Dems that weren't enthused about Hilldog. She's a vet, doesn't support gun control like most other Dems and is pro choice to a degree...

But really who knows, got a feeling there will be another term for Trump before another candidate really has a chance. With Trump riding the success of the economy(if it continues), he will be near impossible to challenge
Nobody wants Tulsi. Tell that neo-con to hit the bricks :camby: