Should he let his first biological son back into his life?

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That's a difficult situation to be in!! Tbh, if I was in his situation, I may have taken the same position.

But, I have learned through my own situation with my Dad and half siblings, that you can't tell a person how to deal with their kids!

Even if you feel that the parent or sibling is wrong, ultimately it's their business to deal with each other or not.....

Maybe on day, dude will forgive his biological son?? Maybe not?? But, I just don't believe that anyone has a right to interfere and tell this man how to life his life nor how to deal with someone he felt wanted him out of his life.

I hope the best outcome for both dude have his biological son!

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
I am going to make my statement based on the scenario, and not whether the said scenario is true or not.

1. The child was 12 years old, and really did not understand fully the consequences of his actions.
2. Yet, at the age of 18, when the child was of the majority, he did not seek out his father then to make amends.
3. He only sought out his father after his mother died, when he is 26 years old.

Considering those factors, what I get from the scenario is that the young man was probably being still supported financially by his mother and step-father. After the mother died that support dried up. His step father probably wanted him to grow up, but the mother kept coddling him stunting his maturity level. So now he is out on his own, and he decides he is going to seek out his biological dad for the support his mother use to give him (probably financial, maybe more).

So, no I don't think there is any need to see his estranged son. If his son had come to see him right when he turned 18, I would say yes. Since he waited until he was 26 and probably struggling and a bit desperate, I say he should not waste his time seeing him. His actions between 18 - 26 speaks volumes, and so there is no need to clear the air.

invalid

Banned
Daps
I'm completely convinced people have a love relationship with dysfunction.

Stop having recreational sex.
Marry the woman who you want to have your children.
Then plan together to have children.

For the record, I don't completely agree with his decision but I understand it.

Children are innocent and only reacting to the dysfunctional environment in which you bring them forth.

Your bad decisions may not affect you in the moment. But they will always find a way to come back and bite you in the ass.