Six Ways Single Mothers Can Raise A Sorry Black Man

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Reading some of these posts reminds me of an excerpt from an article I read a few months back...

So even now, some of you reading this are feeling your brain bombard you with knee-jerk reasons to reject it. From experience, I can say that these seem to come in the form of ...

*Intentionally Interpreting Any Criticism as an Insult

"Who is he to call me lazy and worthless! A good person would never talk to me like this! He wrote this whole thing just to feel superior to me and to make me feel bad about my life! I'm going to think up my own insult to even the score!"

*Focusing on the Messenger to Avoid Hearing the Message

"Who is THIS guy to tell ME how to live? Oh, like he's so high and mighty! It's just some dumb writer on the Internet! I'm going to go dig up something on him that reassures me that he's stupid, and that everything he's saying is stupid! This guy is so pretentious, it makes me puke! I watched his old rap video on YouTube and thought his rhymes sucked!"

157682_v1.jpg

*Focusing on the Tone to Avoid Hearing the Content

"I'm going to dig through here until I find a joke that is offensive when taken out of context, and then talk and think only about that! I've heard that a single offensive word can render an entire book invisible!"

Author in OP made good points. There are an abundance of individuals from all backgrounds that fail to adhere to any advice because truthfully, they couldn't care less about tone, they have no intention of listening to anything because any form of advice is automatically interpreted in their fragile mind as harsh, condescending criticism.

The content and validity of the message is irrelevant.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
This article reeks of black neo-conservatism :madjules: While some of the info may be good advice, the tone in which it is wrote is condescending and seems to point all fingers at women; Why not write the article in the positive point of view and highlight the great things black mothers CAN DO and DO to raise successful black men? Maybe I'm being too analytical, but this article just rubs me the wrong way
Well, you need to take a stroll through the hood because it is mess. I had to get a new driver's license yesterday and a son of sister with dreads trying to cheat on his driver's license test. They threaten to suspend his restrict's since he failed the test or something like that.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Well, you need to take a stroll through the hood because it is mess. I had to get a new driver's license yesterday and a son of sister with dreads trying to cheat on his driver's license test. They threaten to suspend his restrict's since he failed the test or something like that.

Stroll? I grew up in Southwest Atlanta and taught at the high schools there. I'm a product of the streets. And just because the inner city is fukked up doesn't give us the right to attack the blacks for situations that the majority did not cause. Its backwards thinking and detrimental. So you criticize blacks, ok. Then what? Nothing. shyt continues. You point out problems, offer solutions, and try to build a re-education module through various means and people will respond. I knwo this because I've done it. But there aren't enough educated brothers and sisters giving their time and effort to do this. Agency is key. Belittling black folks like this bullshyt article only creates resentment and alienation. Its what whites and neo-conservatives want. Division: we are better than them because we did this and they didn't. Pure bullshyt logic. Get in the trenches, get to work, and let's teach counterhegemonic strategies to clean up the mess that white supremacy and corporatism have caused.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Stroll? I grew up in Southwest Atlanta and taught at the high schools there. I'm a product of the streets. And just because the inner city is fukked up doesn't give us the right to attack the blacks for situations that the majority did not cause. Its backwards thinking and detrimental. So you criticize blacks, ok. Then what? Nothing. shyt continues. You point out problems, offer solutions, and try to build a re-education module through various means and people will respond. I knwo this because I've done it. But there aren't enough educated brothers and sisters giving their time and effort to do this. Agency is key. Belittling black folks like this bullshyt article only creates resentment and alienation. Its what whites and neo-conservatives want. Division: we are better than them because we did this and they didn't. Pure bullshyt logic. Get in the trenches, get to work, and let's teach counterhegemonic strategies to clean up the mess that white supremacy and corporatism have caused.

Gospel is being preached in here :banderas:

Gotta call the good brother @marcuz out on this one. Considering you have the financial resources and wherewithal to be a leader in the black community, what are you gonna do?

Are you ready to offer solutions and go to work :blessed:?
Or is helping the people you criticize not part of the game plan :mjpls:?

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
May not like his tone but truth hurts.Alot of boys and men are sissified these days.There is a reason why black women are starting to pass us in categories.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

The bolded is 100% true. nikkas really don't wanna get in the trenches and fix any of the problems they claim to be pissed off about. I'm in Atlanta right now breh, and glad you ouchea doing work. Ima hit you on the inbox on some community shyt I'm working on.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
The bolded is 100% true. nikkas really don't wanna get in the trenches and fix any of the problems they claim to be pissed off about. I'm in Atlanta right now breh, and glad you ouchea doing work. Ima hit you on the inbox on some community shyt I'm working on.

I'm only here right now visiting my parents but I can do some while I'm here...I'm mainly at the University of Illinois campus in Urbana trying to finish my coursework so I can come back fully to Atlanta.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I'm only here right now visiting my parents but I can do some while I'm here...I'm mainly at the University of Illinois campus in Urbana trying to finish my coursework so I can come back fully to Atlanta.

What's your major breh?

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
What's your major breh?

History but its focus on Afro-American History...my BA and MA are both in Afro-American History and my dissertation for this doctorate will be on the stuff I've been sharing on here and how black leadership at the local levels have both helped and hurt our progress and ways to fix that trend

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
Single-Mothers-e1388694798215.jpg

5. Don’t make him get an education. If he brings home straight Ds on his report card, just remember that he’s the best player on the basketball team. Go buy him something nice to make him feel better, since those bad grades are going to hurt his self-esteem.

:lupe:

How good at basketball is he? :patrice: