Six Ways Single Mothers Can Raise A Sorry Black Man

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
I don't know why our culture is so obsessed with negativity. That's why I salute rappers like young scooter, he'd rather talk about his struggles and encourage his listeners rather than hate and obsess over negativity.

:what: out of anything you could have thought of as a reply to this thread, you mention Young Scooter? What the fukk does he have to do with anything positive or encouraging? I hope you are trolling

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Stroll? I grew up in Southwest Atlanta and taught at the high schools there. I'm a product of the streets. And just because the inner city is fukked up doesn't give us the right to attack the blacks for situations that the majority did not cause. Its backwards thinking and detrimental. So you criticize blacks, ok. Then what? Nothing. shyt continues. You point out problems, offer solutions, and try to build a re-education module through various means and people will respond. I knwo this because I've done it. But there aren't enough educated brothers and sisters giving their time and effort to do this. Agency is key. Belittling black folks like this bullshyt article only creates resentment and alienation. Its what whites and neo-conservatives want. Division: we are better than them because we did this and they didn't. Pure bullshyt logic. Get in the trenches, get to work, and let's teach counterhegemonic strategies to clean up the mess that white supremacy and corporatism have caused.
First, I wanted to be a teacher but 2 prior arrests did me in and my true intent was to make a difference in the trenches. In the bold is the problem right there because people in the hood aren't taught accountability. Just like the OP. Everything is someone else's fault instead of just telling youths to do the right thing and be responsible. The current culture glorifies irresponsibility. The mess's solution is embodied at a micro-level. It's been proven that macro approaches do not work.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
First, I wanted to be a teacher but 2 prior arrests did me in and my true intent was to make a difference in the trenches. In the bold is the problem right there because people in the hood aren't taught accountability. Just like the OP. Everything is someone else's fault instead of just telling youths to do the right thing and be responsible. The current culture glorifies irresponsibility. The mess's solution is embodied at a micro-level. It's been proven that macro approaches do not work.

You have to reverse 3 generations of dysfunctional behavior. Good luck.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
You have to reverse 3 generations of dysfunctional behavior. Good luck.
I do not have to do anything but raise my son and future children to make wise decisions. If they do otherwise then it is on them.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I do not have to do anything but raise my son and future children to make wise decisions. If they do otherwise then it is on them.

Make sure that you school them on their history and show them a way that can be accomplished. Build generational wealth, too.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gospel is being preached in here :banderas:

Gotta call the good brother @marcuz out on this one. Considering you have the financial resources and wherewithal to be a leader in the black community, what are you gonna do?

Are you ready to offer solutions and go to work :blessed:?
Or is helping the people you criticize not part of the game plan :mjpls:?
im not having a low quality beauty pageant bruh, you can just kill that noise

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
true i guess...........about what about the missing fathers?

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Shyt is broken...like someone already said 3-4 generations of bad behavior being glorified takes its toll, and I really believe that's where we are at, and we may have not even hit rock bottom yet....I just moved back to a "hood area" after yrs of beach living in san diego and man I tell ya it is a helluva transition with just even the ppl u encounter on a daily. I swear I was being plotted on for my Newports the other day. Instead of asking me for a cigg nyggas would rather act a certain way and look at u all crazy cuz they don't know u and actually try and intimidate u...specially if u don't give them a second look and u drive a black beemer. Im just a blak man who wants to try and raise his family around his kind(for real) I aint never been with the get a little money and move to riveroaks type shyt I'd rather spend mine with mine but its becoming increasingly difficult these days. I was raised and made it through the cracked out 80s and 90s so I know whats up and this is different these days on some IDGAF shyt all the way round Nyggas wanna act like they mommas when they upset....not a good look brehs

hypo666

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree that the goat family setup for both boys and girls is a mother and father ,being a conservative myself I do think much of the issues we have in deprived areas is because of single parent households. However, there are occasions when the father is such a complete arsehole that the kid is better being brought up by just his mother. My best friend at school,his father was a wife beater and a drunk, and while the so called father was around the older brother ended up being in a detention centre until he was 18 for breaking into a house and beating up the elderly woman occupant.

Things were so bad at home for this kid I once ran away with him out of loyalty, despite my own parents being fine because I felt so sorry for him., He would come into school with a black eye now and then as well. Well once this arsehole of a man left,my best friend no longer wanted to run away anymore and while he didn't do better at school he was happier. But the real surprise was his older brother, who despite his criminal past, left the detention centre came home to his single mother and sorted his shyt out and ended up working in the city of london and get his mum out of public housing. His mum got a job as well she also put her son's first rather than her own sexual needs from what I saw .and they managed fine without that complete c*nt. She ended up remarrying once my friend had left home.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
im not having a low quality beauty pageant bruh, you can just kill that noise

That was one suggestion breh. You mean to tell me there's nothing that you can do to help other than post on the coli :mjpls: ???

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

I agree with you, but my only point is that we can teach responsibility in more productive ways. We can teach the history of the problems, the complexity of them, and the causation solely so we avoid making the same mistake again and when the whites try to create a new form of racial oppression, we can recognize the signs and hinder their bullshyt before it becomes too massive. We can practice solutions and strategies starting at a young age and condition those manners for decades. I'm not arguing that these are things we must not discuss, because we have to. They are serious problems. But what's the point in trying to solve issues without re-educating the people the right way about the causation? We can't be backwards. The history of the problems are essential to developing progressive and counterhegemonic solutions. I'm only arguing that the way OP article does it is non-productive. Bill Cosby tried the same rant back in the late 90s by using condescending language and tone...Farrakhan does the same thing...it doesn't work because its alot of loud noise and yes most people will feel insulted. All I'm saying is that there are different strategies to address these issues but neo-conservative rhetoric does absolutely nothing for progress; its creates more resentment and alienation among the black classes which is what neo conservatives and people who wrote stuff like the OP really want.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
shoot some more spectacular ideas :ehh:

My issue isn't with black women wearing weaves, so I don't have any ideas on how to fix it. I just made sure I got with a chick who has natural hair, problem solved :yeshrug:

Considering how much you appear to be bothered by it though, I'm sure you could come up with something, you're a smart man :jawalrus:

My issue is with black men and their economic challenges which is why I'm teaching classes on to get cats in the IT game, starting a black union, and teaching classes on financial literacy.

Unless all of this weave shyt is pseudo outrage and just a reason to troll online.............:youngsabo:

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
true i guess...........about what about the missing fathers?

Yeah - the coli stays shyttin on single moms, but never point the finger at the dumb ass dudes who bounce at the first sign of responsibility.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My issue isn't with black women wearing weaves, so I don't have any ideas on how to fix it. I just made sure I got with a chick who has natural hair, problem solved :yeshrug:

Considering how much you appear to be bothered by it though, I'm sure you could come up with something, you're a smart man :jawalrus:

My issue is with black men and their economic challenges which is why I'm teaching classes on to get cats in the IT game, starting a black union, and teaching classes on financial literacy.

Unless all of this weave shyt is pseudo outrage and just a reason to troll online.............:youngsabo:
im working on a natural hair moisturizer & sealer, but that's not going to fix community problems. :comeon:

edit: and how old are you? you make a hundred thousand sound like 100 million