SmackDown finally going LIVE starting July 19!!! Brand split returning.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Lol wait the brand split only ended 5 years ago? NEW ERA!!!

The New Era is just mashing New Generation and Ruthless Aggression together.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
These banners are on wwe.com's shows page. Could this be a clue to the brand split or just me reading into it too much.

RAW banner
RAW_Show_Sub_Header.jpg

Smackdown banner
SMACKDOWN_Show_Sub_Header.jpg

Cena got all heels backing him. :lupe:

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm torn if I want to see two world champs or just one

On the one hand, WWE will obviously push the raw champ as THE champ and it'll be painfully obvious during mania but on the other hand having two world champs would give people like Ambrose or Owens a shot of being the guy on their respective brands. I'm also a huge fan of 2 MITB ladder matches on one night :ohlawd:

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm torn if I want to see two world champs or just one

On the one hand, WWE will obviously push the raw champ as THE champ and it'll be painfully obvious during mania but on the other hand having two world champs would give people like Ambrose or Owens a shot of being the guy on their respective brands. I'm also a huge fan of 2 MITB ladder matches on one night :ohlawd:

They already clowned the Big Gold Belt enough. I think there should only be one "World Champion".

They could have grewt ladder matches for the midcard belts tho

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They already clowned the Big Gold Belt enough. I think there should only be one "World Champion".

They could have grewt ladder matches for the midcard belts tho
That's a big reason why I would want one champ. What they've done to the GOAT belt :smh:

Then again, I still don't like the new belt and if they bring Big gold back it'll look so Ill on someone like Lesnar or Cesaro even

Still torn :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Brand split only works when there's enough talent. In 2002-03 heading into the Ruthless Aggression Era there was an overload of talent. They had new guys like Lesnar, Orton and Cena coming in and they had all the WCW war leftovers plus Hogan, Flair and Goldberg all came in. It made a lot of sense.

The following few years were not kind. Goldberg left, Lesnar left, Eddie died, a lot happened. That's why everyone was calling for an end to the split.

But right now WWE has more talent than they've ever had. They have people like Cena and Orton ready to come back, Lesnar waiting in the wings and guys like Balor, Samoa Joe and Nakamura all waiting to be called up.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brand split only works when there's enough talent. In 2002-03 heading into the Ruthless Aggression Era there was an overload of talent. They had new guys like Lesnar, Orton and Cena coming in and they had all the WCW war leftovers plus Hogan, Flair and Goldberg all came in. It made a lot of sense.

The following few years were not kind. Goldberg left, Lesnar left, Eddie died, a lot happened. That's why everyone was calling for an end to the split.

But right now WWE has more talent than they've ever had. They have people like Cena and Orton ready to come back, Lesnar waiting in the wings and guys like Balor, Samoa Joe and Nakamura all waiting to be called up.
So you support the Balor era

Spyro

Banned
Daps
He's not wrong :yeshrug:

It's just funny that every other day there seems to be a current/former wrestler/legend that's come out and said "STOP BOOING ROMAN, HE'S INCREDIBLE, HE'S THE BEST ON THE ROSTER". Marella, Styles, Flair, Jim Ross, Bubba and Foley are 6 that spring to mind in just the last week alone :francis: Hell even the GOAT complainer Russo is slating fans that boo him :unsure:

And as I've said before, the only one who has actually openly criticized Roman is Austin... and his podcast suddenly gets replaced with corporate suck up Foley :troll: