Snoop Dogg rails against 'Roots' in expletive-filled video

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What's the message in Roots, it doesn't even have the a plot.

Every Chapter in the bible tells a story, there is no story in roots, Alex Haley claimed it was his family's history as if it was a biopic, and he was sued, he's a liar.

There is no storyline in roots.

Family, survival, the brutality of slavery, the evil and laziness of white people, the creativity and expertise of black people.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it a valuable story.

In the last couple years conservatives have been white washing history books and intentionally miseducating people about how harsh the conditions were for slaves, even going so far as to call them 'workers' in text books. Just because you are well versed on a subject doesn't mean that others are. There are millions of people in this county who are completely ignorant to the subject and everything from our politics to our culture is driven by them. Fictional accounts can at least lead to discussion and further knowledge seeking, as opposed to nothing.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Family, survival, the brutality of slavery, the evil and laziness of white people, the creativity and expertise of black people.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it a valuable story.

In the last couple years conservatives have been white washing history books and intentionally miseducating people about how harsh the conditions were for slaves, even going so far as to call them 'workers' in text books. Just because you are well versed on a subject doesn't mean that others are. There are millions of people in this county who are completely ignorant to the subject and everything from our politics to our culture is driven by them. Fictional accounts can at least lead to discussion and further knowledge seeking, as opposed to nothing.

That's not a plot. You are just listing random tings.

What is the plot, what is the story.

It's not a movie.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
What's the plot of Roots. It has no plot. It serves no purpose.

Roots is like making a movie about Malcolm X's hustler friend Spike Lee played instead of Malcolm

and when did I say Nate Parker is apart of a comparison. You always try to tell me what I'm saying instead of addressing what I said.
The history of Kunte Kinte and his family and his desire to go back to Africa. The purpose of any story is to humanize and make an event more relateable. Reading about something only in historical factual text can be you know uh boring for many.
You said 'they' made Birth of a Nation because of complaints about 12 Years a Slave. Nate Parker made Birth of a Nation, therefore he has to be apart of the conspiracy (not comparison) you laid out.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The history of Kunte Kinte and his family and his desire to go back to Africa. The purpose of any story is to humanize and make an event more relateable. Reading about something only in historical factual text can be you know uh boring for many.
You said 'they' made Birth of a Nation because of complaints about 12 Years a Slave. Nate Parker made Birth of a Nation, therefore he has to be apart of the conspiracy (not comparison) you laid out.

Kunte Kinte isn't a real person, this isn't a documentary.

WHAT IS THE PLOT, YOU STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED.

The events in Roots never happened so it has nothing to do with historical text, this isn't a history lesson.

Out all the pivotal events to happen in slavery, they choose a fiction person and fiction events to make a movie for on "the history channel"

It's bullshyt.

Nate Parker didn't make it solo, it's a slew white people on board as producers. More notable David. S Goyer, if his name wasn't attached to this it would never see the light of day.

And also that's not the point I was making. People were upset about 12 years of slave, because they were tired of the victimization, so they saw a market for the Nate Turner story, you moron. How is that a conspiracy.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

It's true he never existed.

So there's no historical context to this story.

I asked you what the plot was and he can't answer.

You don't even understand film.

Yet you wanna challenge me, this is exactly what's wrong with our people.

Why don't you question everything that's presented to you by the white controlled media.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Kunte Kinte isn't a real person, this isn't a documentary.

WHAT IS THE PLOT, YOU STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED.

The events in Roots never happened so it has nothing to do with historical text, this isn't a history lesson.

Out all the pivotal events to happen in slavery, they choose a fiction person and fiction events to make a movie for on "the history channel"

It's bullshyt.

Nate Parker didn't make it solo, it's a slew white people on board as producers. More notable David. S Goyer, if his name wasn't attached to this it would never see the light of day.

And also that's not the point I was making. People were upset about 12 years of slave, because they were tired of the victimization, so they saw a market for the Nate Turner story, you moron. How is that a conspiracy.
I said he was a real person? What are you even talking about you are just being dumb on purpose? Most fiction is based in a real historical context. Am I lying? If it isn't to your liking just say that.
So first you said 'they' made it, but Nate isn't part of 'they'? Why not? I believe he worked on in years before he even heard of 12 Years a Slave.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said he was a real person? What are you even talking about you are just being dumb on purpose? Most fiction is based in a real historical context. Am I lying? If it isn't to your liking just say that.
So first you said 'they' made it, but Nate isn't part of 'they'? Why not? I believe he worked on in years before he even heard of 12 Years a Slave.

I never said you said he was real you fukking moron. You mentioned historical context and this story has none. The story is pure fiction. So I'm asking as a work of fiction WHAT IS THE PLOT, what is the story about, IT'S NON EXISTENCE. It's just a showcase of blacks being dehumanized.

When I say they I MEAN HOLLYWOOD YOU fukkING MORON.

Malcolm X wasn't backed by studios this is.

Use you brain..

You have no interest in having a dialogue, you just want to fight.

All I asked you was to explain the plot, you couldn't.

There is no plot. I brought the fact it's a work of fiction so you can't bring up the "history" card, because there's nothing historical about this character at all.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I never said you said he was real you fukking moron. You mentioned historical context and this story has none. The story is pure fiction. So I'm asking as a work of fiction WHAT IS THE PLOT, what is the story about, IT'S NON EXISTENCE. It's just a showcase of blacks being dehumanized.

When I say they I MEAN HOLLYWOOD YOU fukkING MORON.

Malcolm X wasn't backed by studios this is.

Use you brain..

You have no interest in having a dialogue, you just want to fight.

All I asked you was to explain the plot, you couldn't.

There is no plot. I brought the fact it's a work of fiction so you can't bring up the "history" card, because there's nothing historical about this character at all.
I said the plot was about the history (not historical dumbass) of Kunte Kinte and his family and his desire to return to Africa. That's the plot. If you don't like that plot that's a different subject.
Hollywood is a section of Los Angeles, all the residence in it don't make movies. lol If there is a 'they' in making this movie Nate is a part of it.
Take your own advice. And stop leaning on the Caps Lock, you sound furious. lol

Daps
Reppin
NULL

How so. The story is fictional.

Amistad has historical context even though the story is fictional.

Glory has historical context even thought the story is fictional.

Both of those movies had plots, conflict and resolution. Both of them dealt with slavery, both of them were graphic, but both were done in taste.

Roots is an abomination. And they also put c00ns in the forefront of this things just like they did with 12 years a slave.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
The reason why the Jewish comparison doesn't work for me is that they get so many more opportunities to make flicks about other stuff.

This is where the frustration from Snoop comes from