Snoop Dogg rails against 'Roots' in expletive-filled video

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Ill add one more piece, i know a lot of blacks think these type of movies and tv shows do the black community a service by highlighting the trials and tribulations our ancestors went through and to a point i can see that argument. Thats not the reason these shows/movies keep getting made though. These joints are getting made because white people romanticize that era. Anything that shows the period where they were in power and were living the good life is just fine with them, these southern whites in particular love movies where blacks are either slaves or in subservient roles. For me, if i want to view the material there is plenty of it already out there to view. Im not gonna support some new shyt which in turn gives them higher ratings and gives them the green-light to continue making film with this subject matter...........the only exception is if some 100% new historically significant subject matter is displayed.

You ever wonder why there arent trail of tears movies being made and damn near all material containing Native Americans has them seen in a negative light or the helper to some white man? Because there is no way to spin the true version of those stories without white people coming out looking like the devil. Even though there are plenty of stories there that would make for excellent film white people dont like it when they come out looking like the bad guy. So it wont get green-lit. They already trying to get the term slavery and trans-atantic slave trade taken out of the history books because its said to "damage the psyche of young white children and does more harm than good".

fukk em and how they get off on this slave shyt.

Last edited:

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ill add one more piece, i know a lot of blacks think these type of movies and tv shows do the black community a service by highlighting the trials and tribulations our ancestors went through and to a point i can see that argument. Thats not the reason these shows/movies keep getting made though. These joints are getting made because white people romanticize that era. Anything that shows the period where they were in power and were living the good life is just fine with them, these southern whites in particular love movies where blacks are either slaves or in subservient roles. For me, if i want to view the material there is plenty of it already out there to view. Im not gonna support some new shyt which in turn gives them higher ratings and gives them the green-light to continue making film with this subject matter...........the only exception is if some 100% new historically significant subject matter is displayed.

You ever wonder why there arent trail of tears movies being made and damn near all material containing Native Americans has them seen in a negative light or the helper to some white man? Because there is no way to spin the true version of those stories without white people coming out looking like the devil. Even though there are plenty of stories there that would make for excellent film white people dont like it when they come out looking like the bad guy. So it wont get green-lit. They already trying to get the term slavery and trans-atantic slave trade taken out of the history books because its said to "damage the psyche of young white children and does more harm than good".

Slavery is not portrayed in a positive light in any of these films though. :francis:

It's portrayed the way shyt like the Holocaust is portrayed...as a crime against humanity.

Also as far as films about European mistreatment of Native Americans...

Bury_My_Heart_At_Wounded_Knee_Poster.jpg

Damn good movie.

Red Cloud: "Sitting Bull is a great leader. I believe this, no matter that the whites see us men all as the same. But he did not sit with us in the council those many snows ago when our reservation was made. He did not sit with us in the next council when these borders that we were told were like marks in stone were moved. And the Black Hills and our hunting lands were taken from us. Sitting Bull might have had his say, but such was his suspicion of the whites, such was his pride. I say today for all ears within hearing that if Sitting Bull had spoken the way he speaks today, I would not have touched that pen. I will not touch your pen to your paper. I will not touch it to your red paper, I will not touch it to your black paper. The white man will not see my mark again on his paper for the rest of my days on this earth." :myman:

Slavery movies shed light on how shyt really was and plays a huge role in our history that everyone should be informed about.

I think all this shyt just reflects how insecure certain black people really are, as if they're ashamed that their ancestors were enslaved. They don't have anything to be ashamed of, any more than a Jewish person would feel ashamed about the Holocaust. In fact, all the white supremacists I've encountered hate these movies because they feel like they propagate "white guilt".

And if a fukking Nazi gets his kicks off watching Jewish people being herded into concentration camps in "Schindler's List", that's his problem, not the movie's.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

wait... WHAT?!?!?!:what:

them bytches have NO SHAME! :snoop:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Slavery is not portrayed in a positive light in any of these films though. :francis:

It's portrayed the way shyt like the Holocaust is portrayed...as a crime against humanity.

Also as far as films about European mistreatment of Native Americans...

Bury_My_Heart_At_Wounded_Knee_Poster.jpg

Damn good movie.

Red Cloud: "Sitting Bull is a great leader. I believe this, no matter that the whites see us men all as the same. But he did not sit with us in the council those many snows ago when our reservation was made. He did not sit with us in the next council when these borders that we were told were like marks in stone were moved. And the Black Hills and our hunting lands were taken from us. Sitting Bull might have had his say, but such was his suspicion of the whites, such was his pride. I say today for all ears within hearing that if Sitting Bull had spoken the way he speaks today, I would not have touched that pen. I will not touch your pen to your paper. I will not touch it to your red paper, I will not touch it to your black paper. The white man will not see my mark again on his paper for the rest of my days on this earth." :myman:

Slavery movies shed light on how shyt really was and plays a huge role in our history that everyone should be informed about.

I think all this shyt just reflects how insecure certain black people really are, as if they're ashamed that their ancestors were enslaved. They don't have anything to be ashamed of, any more than a Jewish person would feel ashamed about the Holocaust. In fact, all the white supremacists I've encountered hate these movies because they feel like they propagate "white guilt".

And if a fukking Nazi gets his kicks off watching Jewish people being herded into concentration camps in "Schindler's List", that's his problem, not the movie's.

You missing a key difference here. No white person is going to go around saying Germany during WW2 was a great place to be and the Nazi's were doing the world a service. Its outright illegal to display a Nazi flag in Germany, yet I see rebel flags every day over here. These racists here in the states see nothing wrong with blacks being in a subservient role to whites. They arent viewing these slave movies and saying "wow, this was really a horrible situation", they watch them and say "You know it really wasnt that bad of a period of time, there should have never been a Civil War". The problem white supremacists have with white guilt isnt that they dont want whites to feel guilty about doing something they never should have done, its they dont want whites feeling bad about something that wasnt that bad to begin with to them.

Like i said, there is plenty of material out there for me to view and i see no reason to watch a remake of a fictional slave story. Show something new and of historical significance like the Haitian Revolution and then ill watch. And start giving props to films that show blacks doing something other than being subservient to whites.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Bomani made a good point last night, if we don't make these type of movies, who else is going to teach anything about it:yeshrug:
You not going to get it from history books in highschool. I was able to take a black history course in college mainly because it was a HBCU.
"Underground" was a pretty good show and John Legend is behind that. Snoop really has no excuses about not have more positive black media out there when he sees Ice Cube who's from that same era and area putting out Barbershop and Are We There Yet movies. Snoop knows just as many Hollywood types as Cube does but he would rather change his name to Snoop Lion because he likes to smoke weed. He was doing GM car commercials and hanging out with Martha Stewart...

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique

This would hold weight if every person in the roots series that is white wasnt DESPICABLE. Every single white person is a piece of shyt. All of em are racist. All of em are raping and beating and hateful. Theres one preacher in the whole show who said slavery was wrong. White guy sells his own children. How is this painting white people in a positive light. It even showed the british who were freeing slaves as shyt who used the blacks as human sheilds. Pregnant woman gets gang raped by a group of hicks. Disgusting. Whites are beasts in this.

Stories like this need to be told. We should ignore history and make a buncha bullshyt films? Na. This is important to keeping people informed.
And all cause one story isnt told doesnt mean another shouldnt be.

You are talking like you know what your gonna see from the show and i can tell you you are wrong. White people in this are painted in a horrible light. It shows strength of the slaves from generation to generation fighting to keep their families... Yall would rather have more stories like the wire or something and not this?snoop and his bullshyt films and music promoting the exact opposite of what these slaves fought for. fukk snoop.

Just like the origibal, everyone should watch this to see what has been written about. It shows the psychological damage more than beatings and shyt.

Last edited:
Daps
There is that deflective "black on black crime" talking point used to avoid the issue.

There is nothing educational about roots. The original roots was a fictional story.

If your family member was raped or victimized in a brutal fashion, would you want to see a movie graphically reacting it.

It's not about revisiting that time, it's about the enforcement of that graphic imagery of boss and dehumanization.

12 Years of Slave is a prime example. It's not a movie it doesn't even have a plot, it's a vehicle to show case the graphic abuse of black people.

This is some shyt the Joker would do to Batman sending him a tape of him beating Robin to death, it's a slap in the face. The c00n Steve Mcqueen ain't shyt, he should be on Willie D's c00n list, and he need his ass beat.

The movies had no point.

Amistad and Glory tackled the subject with graphic imagery but in a tasteful manor, and these movies had actual plots as well as being stories worth telling.

Roots isn't a story.

It's a reason why John Brown has never had a movie made about him
It's a reason why Fredrick Douglas has never had a movie made about him.

They just decided to make a nat turner movie because of complaints of 12 years of slave.

Yall nikkaz quick to let people piss on your back and tell you its rain.

:myman:Preach

I'd give you rep if I could:francis:

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
Stories like this need to be told. We should ignore history and make a buncha bullshyt films? Na. This is important to keeping people informed.
And all cause one story isnt told doesnt mean another shouldnt be.

You are talking like you know what your gonna see from the show and i can tell you you are wrong. White people in this are painted in a horrible light. It shows strength of the slaves from generation to generation fighting to keep their families... Yall would rather have more stories like the wire or something and not this?snoop and his bullshyt films and music promoting the exact opposite of what these slaves fought for. fukk snoop.
yall realize we have more history than getting raped and beaten right? its not either slavery or selling crack
no one is asking for no more slave movies ever, people want a balance. we wont explode if we dont have a movie of us getting lynched every year

my thing is people know hollywood is racist as shyt. wont put us in a positive light or show our winning history, but for some reason think hollywood is producing and marketing these slave flicks because, what? they care about us and want to keep letting people know they're evil? How are they racist but are helping you at the same time? lmao

I mean i could see if they were indie films but these are promoted by hollywood with budgets. What, is it because they make money? And why do you think slave movies make money and positive black films wont? maybe its because people want to see us as slaves? What? Positive black films WILL make money but hollywood just wont show it? So why would they show slave movies if its so helpful? :jbhmm::jbhmm::jbhmm::jbhmm::jbhmm::jbhmm:

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
yall realize we have more history than getting raped and beaten right? its not either slavery or selling crack
no one is asking for no more slave movies ever, people want a balance. we wont explode if we dont have a movie of us getting lynched every year

my thing is people know hollywood is racist as shyt. wont put us in a positive light or show our winning history, but for some reason think hollywood is producing and marketing these slave flicks because, what? they care about us and want to keep letting people know they're evil? How are they racist but are helping you at the same time? lmao

I mean i could see if they were indie films but these are promoted by hollywood with budgets. What, is it because they make money? And why do you think slave movies make money and positive black films wont? maybe its because people want to see us as slaves? What? Positive black films WILL make money but hollywood just wont show it? So why would they show slave movies if its so helpful? :jbhmm::jbhmm::jbhmm::jbhmm::jbhmm::jbhmm:
No shyt theres more history. Now tell me something in history as important and impactful as this story

I can name more holocaust movies than pure slavery movies

Name all these hollywood movies on slavery. 12 years a slave is not the rule, its the exception

I understnd what y saying. My post is more in response to dudes post.

Snoop rantung bout roots while being the living embodiment of the other steriotypes is ehhhhhhhh to me.

As far as white people wanting to see slavery... Maybe in the south. Watching roots was uncomfortable as fukk. I watch history pieces like roots cause of the history, not cause i wanna see slavery and the white man winning. Cause after watching roots its just readfirmed my hate for southern rednecks even more.

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
No shyt theres more history. Now tell me something in history as important and impactful as this story
:what: so slavery is the most important history we have to you? I cant figure what you guys get out of seeing your people get the shyt kicked out of them

I can name more holocaust movies than pure slavery movies

Name all these hollywood movies on slavery. 12 years a slave is not the rule, its the exception
who cares what you can name of the holocaust? are we supposed to follow jews around, sniffing their ass on how to proceed in life? They also pretend to be white and disenfranchise black people too. Jews also have them showcased in positive lights and they have much more access to wealth than blacks. Are black people also gonna proclaim a land as their and disenfranchise the people there? If not cherry pick one thing jews do and not the other, cuz slave movies aren't gonna be the thing that strengthens you.

And how are slavery movies the exception when its the only piece of black history made into a film by hollywood? Oh i forgot thats the important part according to you. Not like we did impactful things for the world besides get enslaved. This is the whole point im talking about. When a people think their important role in existence is being a slave that is no way healthy. Other parts of our history would be important if they were told to us.

Snoop rantung bout roots while being the living embodiment of the other steriotypes is ehhhhhhhh to me.
Doesn't really matter if what he's saying is true. Idc about this "black on black crime" deflection

As far as white people wanting to see slavery... Maybe in the south.
o i forgot the racists are just in the south its good white people up north and out west :mjlol:

Maybe in the south. Watching roots was uncomfortable as fukk. I watch history pieces like roots cause of the history, not cause i wanna see slavery and the white man winning. Cause after watching roots its just readfirmed my hate for southern rednecks even more.
1. roots is not a historic piece. it was copied from a white man.
2. actually watch some history about your people other than getting beat to actually get knowledge and pride of your people and not just to bathe in your hatred of "southern rednecks" as that is going to get you nowhere but wanting to see more subservient movies and making snide remarks on twitter

also find it funny the director judges snoop for saying nikka but produced that garbage no good deed