Snoop Dogg rails against 'Roots' in expletive-filled video

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
:what: so slavery is the most important history we have to you? I cant figure what you guys get out of seeing your people get the shyt kicked out of them

who cares what you can name of the holocaust? are we supposed to follow jews around, sniffing their ass on how to proceed in life? They also pretend to be white and disenfranchise black people too. Jews also have them showcased in positive lights and they have much more access to wealth than blacks. Are black people also gonna proclaim a land as their and disenfranchise the people there? If not cherry pick one thing jews do and not the other, cuz slave movies aren't gonna be the thing that strengthens you.

And how are slavery movies the exception when its the only piece of black history made into a film by hollywood? Oh i forgot thats the important part according to you. Not like we did impactful things for the world besides get enslaved. This is the whole point im talking about. When a people think their important role in existence is being a slave that is no way healthy. Other parts of our history would be important if they were told to us.

Doesn't really matter if what he's saying is true. Idc about this "black on black crime" deflection

o i forgot the racists are just in the south its good white people up north and out west :mjlol:

1. roots is not a historic piece. it was copied from a white man.
2. actually watch some history about your people other than getting beat to actually get knowledge and pride of your people and not just to bathe in your hatred of "southern rednecks" as that is going to get you nowhere but wanting to see more subservient movies and making snide remarks on twitter

also find it funny the director judges snoop for saying nikka but produced that garbage no good deed
Bro atop reaching to find a problem that isnt there. Fucjin hate that shyt. U just wanna be right. Your not. Even if its yir opinion, u leave no room for discussion you just wanna be right and you cant be cause we all got a place. Stop being so fukkin mad over coli posts.

Been a million holocaust movies for a 15 year period that killed 12 million people vs the ten slavery pictures over hundreds of years killing tens of millions of not more

Hollywood has made movies on

panthers
MLK
Ali
Bunch of movies on problems in the community post 70s
Family movies
Etc

Im no champion for the pedos in hollywood but go on and name all these important stories in black american history that they havent told that are more historical than slavery thatbits crazy to even think they didnt tell them

I ask for 5-10. Tho i already know you wont name Any cause ya just talking to talk

Lets not act like american slavery isnt one of the most important thing in the history of blck americans. The fact tur dismissing it is ridiculous. People still talk about it today. It has reprucissions on today. But lets dismiss it cause some white person said yes its as inportant to black american history as the jewish holocaust is inportant to jews or germans.

Jews still talk about exodus thousands of years ago. Been more movies on exodus than on slavery. Tell them it wasnt inportant enough.

And if you watched the show you would see it is more about getting beat. It shows tremendous strength and fight. All people should watch this. Not just black america.

As far as ya south north west comment. Your reaching hard to start a fight. Im from nyc, we ate a quite more progressive than the rest of the country and i grew up with jews asians latinos indians and blacks as well as italians irish germans and english people. People from the south have a nack for hating black people yet have never seen them.

Ive seen racism from both sides. Whies hating blacks for no reason. And blcks hating me cause ik white.

Ive had a gun in my face cause of the color of my skin. Dont preach to me with ya snide remarks. Either have a discussion or move along. Dismissing everything im saying because "i dont like it" with no reason behind it is not a discussion. I already know its cause im white and on this forum white peoples opinions dont matter.

You can sit there and twist my words to make ya point cause ya mad at something but roots shows what factully happening to millions of people. Whether its a direct true story or not means NOTHING. Where the story comes from dont matter. The story REACHES PEOPLE. It has since it origibally aired. It THE goto historical mini series in history. But you wanna dismiss it because you wanna forget history? Thats not a good enough answer

You dont like it, dont watch it. But dont dare get on ya high horse trying to speak for everyone and champion the walking steriotype snoop doggy doggs opinion. Dudes whole career is a movkery where he gets high all day pimps black women and trys to be a role model for young black children. You rather watch snoop than roots, thats your cross to bear, your L to take.

Go be mad. See how far it gets you. Those same snide remarks on twitter are filled in your coli post FRIEND. Be easy

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Bro atop reaching to find a problem that isnt there. Fucjin hate that shyt. U just wanna be right. Your not. Even if its yir opinion, u leave no room for discussion you just wanna be right and you cant be cause we all got a place. Stop being so fukkin mad over coli posts.

Been a million holocaust movies for a 15 year period that killed 12 million people vs the ten slavery pictures over hundreds of years killing tens of millions of not more

Hollywood has made movies on

panthers
MLK
Ali
Bunch of movies on problems in the community post 70s
Family movies
Etc

Im no champion for the pedos in hollywood but go on and name all these important stories in black american history that they havent told that are more historical than slavery thatbits crazy to even think they didnt tell them

I ask for 5-10. Tho i already know you wont name Any cause ya just talking to talk

Lets not act like american slavery isnt one of the most important thing in the history of blck americans. The fact tur dismissing it is ridiculous. People still talk about it today. It has reprucissions on today. But lets dismiss it cause some white person said yes its as inportant to black american history as the jewish holocaust is inportant to jews or germans.

Jews still talk about exodus thousands of years ago. Been more movies on exodus than on slavery. Tell them it wasnt inportant enough.

And if you watched the show you would see it is more about getting beat. It shows tremendous strength and fight. All people should watch this. Not just black america.

As far as ya south north west comment. Your reaching hard to start a fight. Im from nyc, we ate a quite more progressive than the rest of the country and i grew up with jews asians latinos indians and blacks as well as italians irish germans and english people. People from the south have a nack for hating black people yet have never seen them.

Ive seen racism from both sides. Whies hating blacks for no reason. And blcks hating me cause ik white.

Ive had a gun in my face cause of the color of my skin. Dont preach to me with ya snide remarks. Either have a discussion or move along. Dismissing everything im saying because "i dont like it" with no reason behind it is not a discussion. I already know its cause im white and on this forum white peoples opinions dont matter.

You can sit there and twist my words to make ya point cause ya mad at something but roots shows what factully happening to millions of people. Whether its a direct true story or not means NOTHING. Where the story comes from dont matter. The story REACHES PEOPLE. It has since it origibally aired. It THE goto historical mini series in history. But you wanna dismiss it because you wanna forget history? Thats not a good enough answer

You dont like it, dont watch it. But dont dare get on ya high horse trying to speak for everyone and champion the walking steriotype snoop doggy doggs opinion. Dudes whole career is a movkery where he gets high all day pimps black women and trys to be a role model for young black children. You rather watch snoop than roots, thats your cross to bear, your L to take.

Go be mad. See how far it gets you. Those same snide remarks on twitter are filled in your coli post FRIEND. Be easy

Don't know where you are getting the "millions" of holocaust movies numbers from, but the main difference is that the movies don't surround around just showing suffering. They tell stories of family and love during that period.

I'd welcome some movies during slavery times, that weren't just about black people being abused. When Hollywood puts "black" history on film it's either us getting beat, or is dancing around on stage. And there's plenty more to black history than slavery and entertainment.

Also your diss at snoop is missing the point. He does entertainment. It's not meant to be positive, educational, or uplifting, it's just supposed to entertain. So calling him a hypocrite is just a deflection from the issue at hand.

The mere existence of roots is not the problem. It's the way Hollywood treats black history. They remove black faces from stories about Egypt. Nobody wants to see black people triumph. But they absolutely love showing black folks crying and snotting all over themselves at the hands of white folks.

As a black kid, if the only historical images of black folks you have are Kunta and Ray Charles, then that's damaging as fukk. As a black man in America who knows his history and navigates through racism everyday there's nothing in the movie for me. It's not teaching me anything, and it's definitely not entertaining, so why the hell would I watch it?

Edit: wait, you are a white guy?
Damn wish I didn't type all that out. Go kick rocks:camby:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't know where you are getting the "millions" of holocaust movies numbers from, but the main difference is that the movies don't surround around just showing suffering. They tell stories of family and love during that period.

I'd welcome some movies during slavery times, that weren't just about black people being abused. When Hollywood puts "black" history on film it's either us getting beat, or is dancing around on stage. And there's plenty more to black history than slavery and entertainment.

Also your diss at snoop is missing the point. He does entertainment. It's not meant to be positive, educational, or uplifting, it's just supposed to entertain. So calling him a hypocrite is just a deflection from the issue at hand.

The mere existence of roots is not the problem. It's the way Hollywood treats black history. They remove black faces from stories about Egypt. Nobody wants to see black people triumph. But they absolutely love showing black folks crying and snotting all over themselves at the hands of white folks.

As a black kid, if the only historical images of black folks you have are Kunta and Ray Charles, then that's damaging as fukk. As a black man in America who knows his history and navigates through racism everyday there's nothing in the movie for me. It's not teaching me anything, and it's definitely not entertaining, so why the hell would I watch it?

Edit: wait, you are a white guy?
Damn wish I didn't type all that out. Go kick rocks:camby:

People dismiss the fact that from a historical film stand point, in addition to slavery, we've had films on:

Malcolm X
The Tuskegee airmen
The black panthers
MLK
Gangsters
Athletes
Entertainers
Etc.

In the 90's we had movies showing all aspects of black life, black history and black entertainment. We had coming of age stories like "The Wood", love stories like "Love Jones" and "Love and Basketball", even superhero movies like "Meteorman". Today we mostly get things showing us in a negative light and it gets dismissed as just entertainment.

I watched all 4 episodes of roots this week and thought it was a worthwhile experience. It was more about a family trying to hold on to their past culture and stregnth as the white people tried to break them down. The point being that if you don't pass on knowledge and draw strength from your past you can lose who you are and who you are goes farther than slavery all the way back to the Kingdoms that existed in Africa before we were taken. That's why a lot of the first episode was dedicated to showing the culture of Kunta and his people before he was taken.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
People dismiss the fact that from a historical film stand point, in addition to slavery, we've had films on:

Malcolm X
The Tuskegee airmen
The black panthers
MLK
Gangsters
Athletes
Entertainers
Etc.

In the 90's we had movies showing all aspects of black life, black history and black entertainment. We had coming of age stories like "The Wood", love stories like "Love Jones" and "Love and Basketball", even superhero movies like "Meteorman". Today we mostly get things showing us in a negative light and it gets dismissed as just entertainment.
Yeah. All that is over 20 years ago. And even still most of the stories revolved around black peoples suffrage at the hands of white people

I watched all 4 episodes of roots this week and thought it was a worthwhile experience. It was more about a family trying to hold on to their past culture and stregnth as the white people tried to break them down. The point being that if you don't pass on knowledge and draw strength from your past you can lose who you are and who you are goes farther than slavery all the way back to the Kingdoms that existed in Africa before we were taken. That's why a lot of the first episode was dedicated to showing the culture of Kunta and his people before he was taken.
If you watched it and found something there, good for you I guess. But you didn't need to watch a movie to understand the message you posted above.

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
First episode is pretty good, at least they are not instantly teleported into slavery from the start of the pilot:ehh:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What is the message of roots lmao

also it's a fictional storage Alex Haley stole from some white man's book that came out in 1967.

What message aside from learning about African culture and tradition, passing it down to your children, never sellout your own identity, the importance of family, unity, and resilience,and the fact that BLACK OPPRESSION and the illusion of WHITE SUPREMACY that we deal with to this day is seeded in slavery as symbolically exposed in Roots.

Outside from that. Nahhhh there's no message.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many of those movies are primarily images of Jewish people being beat, rapped, burned, etc?

So you basically admitting that you don't want the exposure to these devils and why they are devils. You are part of the lets sweep this history under the rugs. It's too emotional for you to cope so you want to bury it.

And THIS is why the white power structure STILL got us under control because of PASSIVE ASS SELLOUTS like you unwilling to pass down the truths of these bytches done on our people and why it is continued. How the fukk we can progress if we keep running away from our past and get SO ANGRY ABOUT IT that we collectively revolt against this racist system completely.

It's unfortunate that will never happen because of people like you refuse to push in these devils faces what they committed and still in denial of. I bet you are the bytch made that WON'T educate your own seeds because you aren't emotionally equipped.

This IS our story that MUST BE TOLD AGAIN AND AGAIN for each generation. Don't run from that shyt because you are uncomfortable with how these devils did us. And those films are FAR TOO LENIENT with everything that those devils did.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah. All that is over 20 years ago. And even still most of the stories revolved around black peoples suffrage at the hands of white people

If you watched it and found something there, good for you I guess. But you didn't need to watch a movie to understand the message you posted above.
Red tails, 42, Ray, Straight out of Compton, Selma, etc. all this decade. Dope, I think I love my wife, Barbershop 2, Top 5, Blackish, the upcoming Black Panther movie. Examples of black entertainment that don't have anything to do with white oppression that are recent. There isn't enough representation of all aspects of black life but pretending that only or mostly slavery movies get made is dishonest.

As for getting something out of watching the Roots remake, I did but it wasn't made for me. I'm a fairly old guy and was around to watch the original, this remake was made for the new black generation that thinks race doesn't matter and you shouldn't see color. Some of them don't seem to get that your race and color has a history behind it that informs who you are and where you're going, while slavery was a part of that history it's deeper than that and goes back much further. I like the fact that they updated this story for them since some won't read the history on their own and won't watch any movie made before they were born.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So you basically admitting that you don't want the exposure to these devils and why they are devils. You are part of the lets sweep this history under the rugs. It's too emotional for you to cope so you want to bury it.

And THIS is why the white power structure STILL got us under control because of PASSIVE ASS SELLOUTS like you unwilling to pass down the truths of these bytches done on our people and why it is continued. How the fukk we can progress if we keep running away from our past and get SO ANGRY ABOUT IT that we collectively revolt against this racist system completely.

It's unfortunate that will never happen because of people like you refuse to push in these devils faces what they committed and still in denial of. I bet you are the bytch made that WON'T educate your own seeds because you aren't emotionally equipped.

This IS our story that MUST BE TOLD AGAIN AND AGAIN for each generation. Don't run from that shyt because you are uncomfortable with how these devils did us. And those films are FAR TOO LENIENT with everything that those devils did.
Nah don't jump to all these strawmen and attempts to attack me cause you were clearly wrong :camby:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Red tails, 42, Ray, Straight out of Compton, Selma, etc. all this decade.
All about black folks being mistreated or entertaining.

Dope, I think I love my wife, Barbershop 2, Top 5, Blackish, the upcoming Black Panther movie. Examples of black entertainment that don't have anything to do with white oppression that are recent. There isn't enough representation of all aspects of black life but pretending that only or mostly slavery movies get made is dishonest.
All fictional non historic movies

As for getting something out of watching the Roots remake, I did but it wasn't made for me. I'm a fairly old guy and was around to watch the original, this remake was made for the new black generation that thinks race doesn't matter and you shouldn't see color. Some of them don't seem to get that your race and color has a history behind it that informs who you are and where you're going, while slavery was a part of that history it's deeper than that and goes back much further. I like the fact that they updated this story for them since some won't read the history on their own and won't watch any movie made before they were born.
If the new generation is relying on cacs in Hollywood to tell them their history, then they are doomed to never truly understand where they came from.