So I watched HBO's Warren Buffett documentary last week

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
Warren Buffet is undoubtedly a great man but people shouldn't be taken in by his sweet harmless old fellow routine. You don't get where he is by lacking in ruthlessness and cunning. And he has always been a demagogue, putting on a populist image for the poor while working to advance the goals of the super rich behind the scenes.

To be clear, I'm not saying he's necessarily a bad person. After all I can't really blame another man for placing his own interest above mine. But he is at his core a ruthless pragmatist in the mold of the old robber barons.

And that's true for most of history's great people.

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
Warren Buffet is undoubtedly a great man but people shouldn't be taken in by his sweet harmless old fellow routine. You don't get where he is by lacking in ruthlessness and cunning. And he has always been a demagogue, putting on a populist image for the poor while working to advance the goals of the super rich behind the scenes.

To be clear, I'm not saying he's necessarily a bad person. After all I can't really blame another man for placing his own interest above mine. But he is at his core a ruthless pragmatist in the mold of the old robber barons.

And that's true for most of history's great people.

Well, at least he's ruthless but personable vs being a mullet-having gutter scumbag like don cheeto.
Read somewhere that the guy has given away $26B to charity since 2006 although most of it has gone to Bill Gate's foundation. He plans to give everything he owns away before he dies

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Model yourself after these people, not your parents or other middle-class people

my pops was a millionaire in his 40s, self made.... my mom was independently wealthy as well , both were employers........ out of five of us children two boys three girls four of us run our own businesses , and the other runs a business on the side as well as having a salaried job....

maybe YOUR parents, or middle class people YOU KNOW, but I dont need to learn off a white stranger

my parents laid down the proper foundations for us

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
my pops was a millionaire in his 40s, self made.... my mom was independently wealthy as well , both were employers........ out of five of us children two boys three girls four of us run our own businesses , and the other runs a business on the side as well as having a salaried job....

maybe YOUR parents, or middle class people YOU KNOW, but I dont need to learn off a white stranger

my parents laid down the proper foundations for us
co-sign, my pops is a CEO too managing 500 employees so I don't even to look up to some old wrinkly cac like that loser :camby:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
By the way...

Years ago there was a story that Warren Buffett still lives in the same house he bought in the 1950s.
A LOT of people on the coli and online tried to say the story was trash and that Warren likely had vacation homes all over the world.

He doesn't.
He just has the house in Omaha.

:umad:
:ehh:

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
By the way...

Years ago there was a story that Warren Buffett still lives in the same house he bought in the 1950s.
A LOT of people on the coli and online tried to say the story was trash and that Warren likely had vacation homes all over the world.

He doesn't.
He just has the house in Omaha.

:umad:

How much of that money you getting though? Good for him...ultimate hustler...but 1 he a cac...2 he came up in a time where he invented his own game...3 in todays world the opportunity to get stupid rich are slim to none for average Americans...you either have to have an amazing eye for the hustle..or come from money...