So marvel is about to job out the X-Men to the weak ass inhumans huh

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Homie...i know the business perspective. I get it. I think most of us complaining understand that. It's not hard to get. But I am a fan. Their bottomline doesn't do anything for me. No company's does. My only concern is for the fan because thats who i am and thats what i represent. I'm not a shareholder, I'm not on the corporate board and these cats don't pay my bills. So their business concerns make little to no difference to me. I was pissed when DC whored out batman and made Batman INC for business reasons. I was pissed when Marvel had peter and MJ make a deal with the devil to end their marriage for business reasons. I understand the why from a dollars standpoint but that doesn't stop me from scratching my head and feeling like its fukked up because as fans are the ones who get the short end of the stick when people get in pissing contests

I hear that. But Marvel isn't in business to make fans happy. They're in business to make money (hopefully they'll make fans happy in the process). From comic book sales, merchandising, TV rights, dvd sales, ticket sales, etc. It doesn't make sense for them to pour time and resources into a project that doesn't bring them all of those streams of income when they could pour time and resources into projects that do (i.e. Captain, Iron Man, Thor, Guardians, Black Panther, Deadpool, more ensemble films like Civil War). It sucks for X-Men fans but, those are the breaks. The whole point of Comic Book/Graphic novels in recent years is to build anticipation to drive ticket sales, merch and dvd sales on the back end....so it puts a real damper on things and defeats the purpose when Fox is taking 90% of the film profits. They'd rather just push Guardians, the rest of Marvel heroes and see if any other unknown Marvel comics could become another breakthrough success.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I hear that. But Marvel isn't in business to make fans happy. They're in business to make money (hopefully they'll make fans happy in the process). From comic book sales, merchandising, TV rights, dvd sales, ticket sales, etc. It doesn't make sense for them to pour time and resources into a project that doesn't bring them all of those streams of income when they could pour time and resources into projects that do (i.e. Captain, Iron Man, Thor, Guardians, Black Panther, Deadpool, more ensemble films like Civil War). It sucks for X-Men fans but, those are the breaks. The whole point of Comic Book/Graphic novels in recent years is to build anticipation to drive ticket sales, merch and dvd sales on the back end....so it puts a real damper on things and defeats the purpose when Fox is taking 90% of the film profits. They'd rather just push Guardians, the rest of Marvel heroes and see if any other unknown Marvel comics could become another breakthrough success.

I agree with that to an extent but I disagree that they're not in the business of making fans happy, at least their publishing end. Shyt they're a consumer driven business so if the consumers aren't happy, they suffer. It happened in the 90s and they were bleeding until they came up with the ultimate line that reinvigorated their business. There's a reason journalists from newsarama or comic book resources or even EW ask them about this x men situation because they know its out there in the ether and the writers themselves are doing everything they can to assure the fans nothing insidious is going on and that the x men are just as relevant and important as ever. Now obviously actions speak louder than words so we'll see, but selling comics is the life blood of their publishing arm. if the fans aren't happy, books get cancelled (which has happened) they change creative direction (which has also happened) or writers are let go, which has happened several dozen times. Especially since the comic industry hasn't had this boom they keep waiting for to coincide with comic book movies. The same books who were on top 10 years ago are on top now aka anything batman or spider man related.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:martin: So even the cartoons (namely Avengers Assemble) are going to continue to ignore mutants but still feature an "Inhuman Registration Act". Like we've never ever seen anything like that in a marvel comic before...

When asked why they wanted to use the Inhumans...

Griffin: I think the Inhumans, thematically, they also work for us because of kids. They look like everybody else, but they’re different. They feel different, they have different powers, but sometimes it’s not visible to the naked eye. Lots of kids feel different. There are a lot of kids who don’t necessarily feel like everybody else. It shows how to embrace who you are and sometimes people don’t always understand you but you’re special. You have your own gifts and that also plays into the Inhuman story as well. Thematically, it’s a great story for kids.

:hhh: fetch status, y'all :snoop:

Here's the full article on Avengers Assemble's take on the Civil War story arc...

Daps
Reppin
St louis
why promote some shyt you
dont control??
it's smart hustling.
the comics and merchandise push
superhero movies as much as movie
trailers......i'd shut that shyt down to.
:ehh:

wat6rr.jpg

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Taking aim at kids should have been plan one for putting the inhumans over. Just have lockjaw and crystal mess around with the avengers in the cartoon. Not establishing them as enemies of the X-Men.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel Teases the Death of the Inhumans This Summer
2 hours ago by Stephen Gerding in Comic News Comment

Marvel Comics is teasing the Death of the Inhumans.

Slated to arrive in July 2018, Marvel’s latest comic starring the Terrigen Mist-altered race of super-powered beings will come from writer Donny Cates (Thanos, Doctor Strange) and artist Ariel Olivetti (Venom). The teaser states that Kaare Andrews will provide the story’s cover (seen below), indicating that this will be a one-shot story rather than a series or miniseries.

Marvel Comics’ most recent Inhumans titles wrapped in late 2017, with the release of Inhumans: Judgment Day. The one-shot brought the storylines that had been unfolding in the Black Bolt and Royals series to a close, reuniting the royal family and setting the stage for a new era for the Inhumans as a whole.

Marvel’s announcement doesn’t indicate whether Cates and Olivetti’s story picks up where Al Ewing, Kevin Libranda and Mike Del Mundo’s Judgment Day one-shot left off. While the publisher made a strong push in recent years to establish the Inhumans as a cornerstone of the Marvel Universe, readers never fully embraced the characters on the same level as the Avengers or the X-Men, so it wouldn’t be a surprise if this story blazes its own path, or if it takes place in an alternate universe or future.

RELATED: The Inhumans’ Black Bolt Deals With His New Situation – And New Powers

The characters haven’t fared much better in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, either. Despite launching to much fanfare, including an unprecedented debut in IMAX theaters, Marvel Television’s Inhumans stumbled out of the gate. The series debuted to lukewarm ratings, and viewership dropped dramatically as the show went on. By the end, it became a question of when ABC would cancel the series rather than if it would be renewed.

That said, there’s an undeniable appeal to the characters, and their mythology has been a crucial part of the Marvel Universe over the decades. And, while it might seem that the death of any character, much less an entire group of characters, would be the end of them rather than a new beginning, this is comics.

Expect more information on Death of the Inhumans in the weeks ahead, including the full solicitation text for the project as Marvel releases further details regarding its planned July publications.

KEEP READING: Al Ewing Explains How Inhumans: Judgment Day Marks the End of a Marvel Era

Tags:
death of the inhumans, inhumans