So marvel is about to job out the X-Men to the weak ass inhumans huh

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
If you can point out a similar circumstance by another company I would happily "go hard" against them.
comic book storylines are being influenced by their visual media counterparts every day. thats the new normal. i guess you can continue to feign outrage every time it has a marvel stamp on it but it just makes the hypocritical nature of your arguments more obvious every time.

a company promoting something it has control of is only a surprise to those who want to be surprised

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I'm fukking :dead: at calling @Jello Biafra hypocritical or implying he's anti marvel

Dude is easily the one of the most leveled and balanced posters in the film room.

The fukking nerve:stopitslime: of a low quality blatant troll saying that shyt

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
comic book storylines are being influenced by their visual media counterparts every day. thats the new normal. i guess you can continue to feign outrage every time it has a marvel stamp on it but it just makes the hypocritical nature of your arguments more obvious every time.

a company promoting something it has control of is only a surprise to those who want to be surprised
Bruh, that is not even anywhere close to the same thing.
There is no valid reason why comic book fans of the FF and X-Men should have to suffer for any reason at all. Its not like the movies do shyt to influence comic buying anyway. People don't watch comic book movies and then run out in droves to buy comic books. Perlmutter is just being an a$$hole.
That is the universal truth of this whole situation. One guy in a position of influence is doing harm to comic book fans in a ridiculously petty attempt to spite a movie studio he hates because his negotiations with Fox for the FF and X-men movie rights ended up falling through.
So its not about Marvel Comics promoting one property over another...its them shytting on specific properties for no legit reason other than (say it with me now) Ike Perlmutter being an a$$hole.

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
I'm shocked there isn't any way marvel can get the X-Men back from Fox. That contract must be iron clad, not even a buy back clause.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Good lookin' out on the link.
I wonder if they considered including him in Infinity War and then passed since he isn't showing up in the Disney casting call sheet that is online:
Starring in “Avengers: Infinity War” is BAFTA Award nominee Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Academy Award nominee Josh Brolin as Thanos, Saturn Award Winner Chris Pratt as Star Lord / Peter Quill, Teen Choice Awards nominee Sebastian Stan as Bucky, four-time Golden Globe Award nominee Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow, Academy Award nominee Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Stephen Strange, Academy Award winner Brie Larson as Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel, ALMA Award winner Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Empire Award winner Karen Gillan as Nebula, two-time Academy Award nominee Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton / Hawkeye, two-time Saturn Award nominee Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America, BAFTA Awards nominee Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet, four-time Academy Award nominee Bradley Cooper as Rocket Racc00n, Screen Actors Guild Awards nominee Vin Diesel as Groot, Academy Award nominee Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Screen Actors Guild Awards nominee Paul Rudd as Scott Lang / Ant-Man, British Independent Film Awards nominee Benedict Wong as Wong, Action on Film Award winner Dave Bautista as Drax, BAFTA Film Award nominee Paul Bettany as Vision, Santa Barbara International Film Festival Virtuoso Award winner Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa / Black Panther, three-time Academy Award nominee Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner / The Hulk, and two-time Academy Award nominee Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Good lookin' out on the link.
I wonder if they considered including him in Infinity War and then passed since he isn't showing up in the Disney casting call sheet that is online:
Shhh . . .it's a surprise.
I think just my opinion only the big heroes are going to the movies. Daredevil JJ, Ironfist, Luke Cage. not supporting actors like Kingpin.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Bruh, that is not even anywhere close to the same thing.
There is no valid reason why comic book fans of the FF and X-Men should have to suffer for any reason at all. Its not like the movies do shyt to influence comic buying anyway. People don't watch comic book movies and then run out in droves to buy comic books. Perlmutter is just being an a$$hole.
That is the universal truth of this whole situation. One guy in a position of influence is doing harm to comic book fans in a ridiculously petty attempt to spite a movie studio he hates because his negotiations with Fox for the FF and X-men movie rights ended up falling through.
So its not about Marvel Comics promoting one property over another...its them shytting on specific properties for no legit reason other than (say it with me now) Ike Perlmutter being an a$$hole.
again you'd have a point if you werent the only one in here that even mentioned him in the first place. your the only one thats mentioned him because nobody else actually cares, they see marvel and get to complaining because its a popular franchise.

and whether the movies get people to buy the comics doesnt matter because one business is influencing the other anyway.

again, the only people surprised that a more popular and easily accessible medium is influencing another are the ones that want to be surprised. the next complaint you and the usual suspects have about fox or dc's handling of their properties will be the first

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
again you'd have a point if you werent the only one in here that even mentioned him in the first place. your the only one thats mentioned him because nobody else actually cares, they see marvel and get to complaining because its a popular franchise.

and whether the movies get people to buy the comics doesnt matter because one business is influencing the other anyway.

again, the only people surprised that a more popular and easily accessible medium is influencing another are the ones that want to be surprised. the next complaint you and the usual suspects have about fox or dc's handling of their properties will be the first

Speaking for myself I've always known the issue is with the publishing end which is why I blamed cats like Tom Breevort from the start. The reason no one else is mentioning their publishers, editors, or CEO is because most believe all the decisions are made in concert and that one hand washes the other. When in reality one company is located in New York and the other is at Disney studios in Buena vista. And it's been chronicled that they don't get along. Both companies tout the line that one doesn't influence the other; that they have no problem making changes in the comics and not being dictated by the movies but a move like this contradicts that. If you're a long time reader of comics from either company you're well aware of the amount of dikk moves that go on or just downright stupid moves, most of which are either erased or changed. So purely from a fan perspective and as a reader it irks me that their publishing wing is being petty, as I've said before. The pettiness is unnecessary and they can have guys like Breevort go on tumblr and say it's all about profit but the truth is that it's always been pettiness and being vindictive.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Because it hurts your fans man that's how it's petty. It's making a business decision and saying screw the fans we want all the money. It's holding your creative people in hostage and having them be shackled because of what the check writers say

Kinda sounds like its Fox who's being petty. They brought the rights. So they should be the ones making the films, not waiting on Marvel to do the work so they can steal money out of their pocket. Why would any company focus their attention on products they don't own outright and would have to pay large sums of money to a rival company? shyt. I wouldn't do that. I'd push The Inhuman too :skip: or come up with a new original story that my company owns. Marvel was stupid to sell. But your beef is really with Fox. Not Marvel. They're the ones holding the rights to X-Men.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Speaking for myself I've always known the issue is with the publishing end which is why I blamed cats like Tom Breevort from the start. The reason no one else is mentioning their publishers, editors, or CEO is because most believe all the decisions are made in concert and that one hand washes the other. When in reality one company is located in New York and the other is at Disney studios in Buena vista. And it's been chronicled that they don't get along. Both companies tout the line that one doesn't influence the other; that they have no problem making changes in the comics and not being dictated by the movies but a move like this contradicts that. If you're a long time reader of comics from either company you're well aware of the amount of dikk moves that go on or just downright stupid moves, most of which are either erased or changed. So purely from a fan perspective and as a reader it irks me that their publishing wing is being petty, as I've said before. The pettiness is unnecessary and they can have guys like Breevort go on tumblr and say it's all about profit but the truth is that it's always been pettiness and being vindictive.
They're not doing it for the money y'all they just want to piss off their own fans just cause. lol
Is this convincing to anyone else?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Kinda sounds like its Fox who's being petty. They brought the rights. So they should be the ones making the films, not waiting on Marvel to do the work so they can steal money out of their pocket. Why would any company focus their attention on products they don't own outright and would have to pay large sums of money to a rival company? shyt. I wouldn't do that. I'd push The Inhuman too :skip: or come up with a new original story that my company owns. Marvel was stupid to sell. But your beef is really with Fox. Not Marvel. They're the ones holding the rights to X-Men.

They're not waiting on them homie. They're making movies. We're talking specifically Marvel's publishing arm doing what they can to decrease investment in the x men because it doesn't make Marvel Entertainment as much money as they'd like. My beef isn't with Fox at all. Marvel and Fox made a deal years ago and that's that. You sign the contract, those are the terms, you rock with those results. But having your CEO be petty and vindictive in order to get his way is where my beef is.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Those comics and games are promotional tools for their films. It's like Nintendo putting Mario on a Sony system while they've trying to sell the switch.

I don't get why you feel they should use their promotional tools to boost value in something from their perspective someone else owns more of than they do.

They're running a business and what they're doing makes total business sense even of some of their fans don't like it. In the grand scheme of things comic book fans are unimportant in comparison to those movies.

These nikkas too invested in these comics. As somebody who's looking in from the outside (i.e. not that interested in comic book movies though I watched most of them), Marvel's stance is very understandable.

When 20th Century Fox breathed new life into their X-Men franchise by letting the First Class and X2: X-Men United casts collide in X-Men: Days of Future Past, there wasn’t a huge merchandising push, which we’ve come to expect from a summer comic book movie. Since the X-Men originated at Marvel Comics and were sold to 20th Century Fox as a movie property, Marvel ends up getting less than 5% of any Fox-Marvel property gross, meaning movie licensing would split profits between Marvel (under Disney) and Fox. At the tail end of that same summer, Disney was focused on pushing toys and merchandise for Guardians of the Galaxy, not X-Men.

Rumors that Marvel was considering shutting out characters that they didn’t own the movie rights to gained some credibility with the lack of Days of Future Past merchandise, and in recent months the evidence has continued to compile.

Many who were on the fence about the Marvel shutout of the Fox properties - X-Men and Fantastic Four - were finally convinced last July when Marvel Executive Editor Tom Brevoort responded to a question on Tumblr about the lack of X-Men toys: “If you had two things, and on one you earned 100% of the revenues from the efforts that you put into making it, and the other you earned a much smaller percentage for the same amount of time and effort, you’d be more likely to concentrate more heavily on the first, wouldn’t you?”

Marvel only gets 5% of any Fox-Marvel movie gross. fukk that :dead: Comic books are promotional tools for movies nowadays. Why would you build up the brand value of something, only for another company to get 95% of the profits? Fox basically just sitting there collecting money, doing nothing. Yall nikkas should be mad at Fox. I'd sell them nikkas the comic book rights too, tell Fox they can build up their own universe and their own comic book characters for their movies instead of waiting for Marvel to do that so they can take home billion dollar paydays :stopitslime: This is like a rapper selling his publishing during financial duress, and then having some white jew take home most of his earnings every year. After a while he'd realize how dumb it was because he's basically allowing some fakkit to get rich off of his work. nikka would probably barely release albums at that point and stick to doing as many tours/shows as possible instead of releasing albums and having to pay somebody else almost all the profits. I get it.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
They're not waiting on them homie. They're making movies. We're talking specifically Marvel's publishing arm doing what they can to decrease investment in the x men because it doesn't make Marvel Entertainment as much money as they'd like. My beef isn't with Fox at all. Marvel and Fox made a deal years ago and that's that. You sign the contract, those are the terms, you rock with those results. But having your CEO be petty and vindictive in order to get his way is where my beef is.

You thinking about it from the fan perspective when if you think about it businesswise, you have your answer.

No one in their right mind is going to keep promoting a brand so another company can take home 90% of the profits from one of the revenue streams. If that horrible deal also includes merchandising and toys, that's another negative factor. No company in their right mind is going to do that. Fox is being petty. I'd sell them the comic book rights and be done with it. Let Fox handle the story entirely. Focus on the entities Marvel does own 100%. Not building up brands to give Fox free promotion to help them take home billions of dollars. Nah son. fukk that.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You thinking about it from the fan perspective when if you think about it businesswise, you have your answer.

No one in their right mind is going to keep promoting a brand so another company can take home 90% of the profits from one of the revenue streams. If that horrible deal also includes merchandising and toys, that's another negative factor. No company in their right mind is going to do that. Fox is being petty. I'd sell them the comic book rights and be done with it. Let Fox handle the story entirely. Focus on the entities Marvel does own 100%. Not building up brands to give Fox free promotion to help them take home billions of dollars. Nah son. fukk that.

Homie...i know the business perspective. I get it. I think most of us complaining understand that. It's not hard to get. But I am a fan. Their bottomline doesn't do anything for me. No company's does. My only concern is for the fan because thats who i am and thats what i represent. I'm not a shareholder, I'm not on the corporate board and these cats don't pay my bills. So their business concerns make little to no difference to me. I was pissed when DC whored out batman and made Batman INC for business reasons. I was pissed when Marvel had peter and MJ make a deal with the devil to end their marriage for business reasons. I understand the why from a dollars standpoint but that doesn't stop me from scratching my head and feeling like its fukked up because as fans are the ones who get the short end of the stick when people get in pissing contests