So marvel is about to job out the X-Men to the weak ass inhumans huh

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Someone else said that. Like why hate mutants at this point but I think it speaks to how their universe works that there's still this difference between super powered beings who got that way through accident and people born like that. Like how true curvy women like black women are shunned lol and how those with artificial curves are exhalted

Yeah I also think the xmen being intertwined with the avengers is a good thing in essence but I hate the politics behind hating on mutants in the current 616. I mean damn nikka you got celestial beings and alien warlords trying to blow up the planet worst thing you thinking about is a mutant,really?!:stopitslime:

The inhumans tho?!? :camby: everyone except black bolt, Karnak and quake is jobber status power for power like I said.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
In the same vain as this thread how do people feel about the MCU co-opting stories from the comics from say the X-Men?

We already heard news that Captain Marvel is going to be the most powerful hero in the MCU when she makes it on screen. This is weird because she is not that in the comics.

Separately I read that Kevin Feige and other Marvel film execs are like experts on the comics and know every story. AND Kevin Feige's favorite story from the comics is The Dark Phoenix Saga. Is it possible to tell that story in the MCU using Captain Marvel instead of Jean Grey? It would explain why they are just giving her this super powerful status. Do people have an issue if this was the case or nah?

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I think most are sensibly aware enough to know that some liberties being taken on any film made from a previous medium is a given, regardless cuz a 1-1 translation of such is just very rare and in a lot of cases, simply can't be done for a variety of reasons. However, some are obviously a lot more glaring and unforgivable than others and also, said liberties are looked at just as such all the more when they're just executed terribly on a multitude of factors.

my man. its criminal that cyclops is a featured guest character in just about every movie hes been in(havent seen apocalypse) instead of being a main focus. it drives me crazy that the best version of colossus is as the straight man to a 4th wall breaking character, and it was a good interpretation as well.

In the same vain as this thread how do people feel about the MCU co-opting stories from the comics from say the X-Men?

We already heard news that Captain Marvel is going to be the most powerful hero in the MCU when she makes it on screen. This is weird because she is not that in the comics.

Separately I read that Kevin Feige and other Marvel film execs are like experts on the comics and know every story. AND Kevin Feige's favorite story from the comics is The Dark Phoenix Saga. Is it possible to tell that story in the MCU using Captain Marvel instead of Jean Grey? It would explain why they are just giving her this super powerful status. Do people have an issue if this was the case or nah?

to the casual viewer, it wont matter. carol is a literal non factor. but to readers it would be just another case of carol co opting something that isnt hers in order to make her popular. its like the people that want her to have genis' captain marvel/photon costume because it would look good on film.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yeah I also think the xmen being intertwined with the avengers is a good thing in essence but I hate the politics behind hating on mutants in the current 616. I mean damn nikka you got celestial beings and alien warlords trying to blow up the planet worst thing you thinking about is a mutant,really?!:stopitslime:

The inhumans tho?!? :camby: everyone except black bolt, Karnak and quake is jobber status power for power like I said.
The whole conceit behind mutants being hated in the Marvel Universe gets automatically blunted by the fact that Earth is overrun with science experiments, aliens and people claiming to be gods. When the whole world is full of super-powered being it makes no sense to be mad at one segment of the super population just because their powers are genetic. The X-Men work best as a separate entity from the rest of the Marvel U as long as you want to continue the "feared and hated" thing.

On the other hand, The Inhumans are perfectly positioned to be feared and hated. They are an alien race that has been living in secret on Earth for years and now they have this green mist floating all over the planet randomly turning people into Inhumans against their will. That shyt should have the combined governments of the world planning military actions against The Inhumans and worldwide panic in the streets from normal people.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The whole conceit behind mutants being hated in the Marvel Universe gets automatically blunted by the fact that Earth is overrun with science experiments, aliens and people claiming to be gods. When the whole world is full of super-powered being it makes no sense to be mad at one segment of the super population just because their powers are genetic. The X-Men work best as a separate entity from the rest of the Marvel U as long as you want to continue the "feared and hated" thing.

On the other hand, The Inhumans are perfectly positioned to be feared and hated. They are an alien race that has been living in secret on Earth for years and now they have this green mist floating all over the planet randomly turning people into Inhumans against their will. That shyt should have the combined governments of the world planning military actions against The Inhumans and worldwide panic in the streets from normal people.

Call me crazy but I think that's what is going to happen The x-men will turn public opinion against the inhumans, let them human nikkas build sentinels for theyre asses...:mjlol: X-men gonna be like it's y'all turn now...:umad:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The comics seem to be working pretty hard to push the concept of Carol as the most powerful hero...her new book is called The Mighty Captain Marvel and even her therapist calls her the mightiest.
ksRr2ps.jpg

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The comics seem to be working pretty hard to push the concept of Carol as the most powerful hero...her new book is called The Mighty Captain Marvel and even her therapist calls her the mightiest.
ksRr2ps.jpg

that's cause the movies dictate the comics now, when it used to be the other way around...same reason the comic universe started revolving around iron man instead of spidey....

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
ksRr2ps.jpg

She wasn't that strong when hulk pimp smacked the shyt outta her.... :coffee:
4695995-avengers+(2012-)+039-019.jpg

:mjlol: We all know the truth...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

it wouldnt surprise me if they tried to do that shyt...like @parallax said: most of the people going to see the movies arent gonna know and/or care where it came from, they just wanna be entertained....it'll be the comic readers that'll call bullshyt/shenanigans....

also, it's not gonna surprise me if/when the inhumans start to have more 'xmen like' stories....strengthen the brand you own/can make movies about, while weakening the brand you dont/cant make movies about...

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
i really think nikkas are legit just heated at marvel having the leeway to do whatever they want now because they've been successful in movie media. they earned the right to do whatever they want, nikkas just trying to gloss over the reasons why they are mad. i'd have more respect if they just straight out said they are mad rather than beating around the bush acting like they arent

its the same cast of characters in every thread either being passive aggressive or fakin the funk pretending to be unbias but complaining at every turn while claiming to enjoy the media to seem objective
Shut your cornball ass up :mjlol:

You must have calluses on your throat from the amount of Disney dikk you ingest every fukking day :russ:

I hope you're getting paid otherwise you truly are a fukking weirdo :deadmanny:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Its to the point, You have to call a spade a spade .......charge the hate to the game

Suicide squad is perfect
BVS is perfect
Man Of steel is perfect
Green lantern is perfect
...even Foxs x-men is perfect but The MCU is terrible, i cant believe they made GOTG now they making inhuman tv show :scust:

Just imagine when Black Panther come out :mjpls:
Find me 1 poster who has said all those films are perfect.

Hilarious the persecution complex you Disney stans have all of a sudden just because people are sick of all yall stanning

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Yo, they aren't even ending the X-Men series. The complaint is the Inhumans are getting too much or more attention because they sold the rights to Fox. 19 pages worth of bytching. :snoop:
Oh?and how many pages of bytching do you guys have in the DC and x men threads :coffee:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Well I hope you're not actually paid to think cause you're doing a terrible job at it. But cool you can keep waving the flag for them and believing they're incapable of being wrong. I get it man you're down for everything they do. Cool. But I'm not. You don't think we should complain but we can. Whether they're on this board or any other board they're hearing it which is the point. Be thick skulled all you want but we've done this dance before and you will not rest until you have the last word with some scumbag entitlement line mixed with an "lol" like you're a cheesy villain in an 80s movie. So you'll reply to this I won't see it you'll get some daps and feel good about yourself for the night or day or whatever time it is where you are. If I got beef with how they're handling a situation then I'm going to speak on it and last I checked I didn't need your permission to do so. I think they're screwing over the x men squad and their writers. It is what it is
:Evilone: that's it Marty. Let it all out

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
What it's like is Nintendo selling the Mario movie rights to a company, that movie becoming a huge success then Nintendo getting mad and saying no more mario games!

They are only hurting them self, not the company with the film rights.

Money is money. Profit is profit. Willingly losing out on profit while pissing off your fan base just because you can't have all the money is the opposite of a smart business decision.

It's idiotic hubris and childish.

EXACTLY!!! And then they try to kick that "profitable films bring forth interest in comics" BS. If you really believe that,, then you would know the casual fans have no idea that Marvel Studios films are different from Marvel movies by Studio X. All they know is X-Men is Marvel, let's go read X-books. Profit is profit. But like I said, that's IF they really believe that shyt they try to peddle whenever they have to answer for making a dumb change to the comics.