So Prince admitted he was fukked up because he was molested by his sister? EDIT: CONFIRMED BY PRINCE

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Early Prince, especially in he Dirty Mind-Controversy-1999 era was really out there with flamboyance and sexual innuendo. Also when that album was released in 1980, he wasn't really as well known as he would become shortly after.
Yea Morris Day shat on him in his book when he said that the 'macho' biker image in Purple Rain was due to insecurities about his earlier flamboyant image so he was over compensating.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
he viewed women as someone using him for something (like an older woman taking advantage of a child), so why not do the same to them
that will instantly break the typical innocent image of women they portray in media when you realize they are not much different from men when it comes to sex
we live in a hypersexual society
I don't think it was true, it was for shock value.
"my sister never made love to anyone but me"

it's a fantasy
it's just song lyrics. :dahell:

You think everything he wrote about happened in real life? :dahell:

I don't think it was true, it was for shock value.
Except the man LITERALLY admitted it was real. And said it wasn’t satire or had a deeper meaning like his other songs.

The fact y’all are denying the shyt is why he stopped doing interviews like that in the first place. The dude revealed his truth and no one believed him.

His older sister Noreen was 32 when he was 16 everything adds up. He didn’t just make this shyt up.
PRINCE: “Sister“ is serious. “Head” could be taken as satire. No one’s laughing when I’m saying it so I don’t know. If people get enjoyment out of it and laugh, that’s fine. All the stuff on the record is true experiences and things that have occurred around me and the way I feel about things. I wasn’t laughing when I did it So I don’t suppose it was intended that way.

That’s why I stopped doing interviews. I started and I slopped abruptly because of that. People weren’t taking me serious ly and I was being misunderstood. Everything I said they didn’t believe anyway. They didn’t believe my name. They didn’t believe anything.

Prince interview archive - Musician, September 1983

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
33700B2200000578-3554496-Tyka_Nelson-m-73_1461360249848.jpg

Clearly possessed and warped.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Except the man LITERALLY admitted it was real. And said it wasn’t satire or had a deeper meaning like his other songs.

The fact y’all are denying the shyt is why he stopped doing interviews like that in the first place. The dude revealed his truth and no one believed him.

His older sister Noreen was 32 when he was 16 everything adds up. He didn’t just make this shyt up.

Prince interview archive - Musician, September 1983

"things that have occurred around me and the way I feel about things" could mean anything and those things are often embellished to make a song. :comeon:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
@ 16, ur old enough and strong enough to refuse sexual advance from a woman. Weird lyrics
This…. 16 is old enough and strong enough to be like bytch be gone….

It’s still statutory like a muhfukk tho…. So Prince is still a VICTIM…. and likely was confused as fukk too…”she was probably on some, oh you my brother, we just playin”…… shyts fukked up however it went down

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
The world legit doesn't give a shyt if young black boys are molested raped etc.

World got exposed to the fact that r kelly was molested on several occasions and he not getting the benefit of the doubt at all so even with the sexual abuse he endured he is still expected just to properly recover do all the right things and is considered a monster now even though he clearly was psychologically damaged. People didn't even try to dig r kelly sister and neighbor up to expose them. World doesn't care.

Prince made a dam song about this and World didn't bat a dam eye smh sad.