So this racist paints his daughter in Blackface

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
I'm sure he had the doors he was knocking on already selected with that bullshyt. :mjpls:
fukk around and get kicked to sleep amongst screaming kids and crushed candy cane being an edgelord on the WRONG fukkING DAY. :ufdup:

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Take notes, white people. You won't be considered racist if the black person you choose for HALLOWEEN is famous. Paint your entire body black, then no one can call it blackface.
White people can still be plenty racist without being in blackface.

All you do when you call full costumed makeup blackface is minimalize actual blackface.

This is blackface:
What is she supposed to be? Anyone in particular? No... just 'black' as a whole. An entire race minimalized and mocked, stereotypically.

m8d9uv.jpg

This on the other hand is white privillage spilling over into poor decesion making, not blackface:
Using make up to try and portray a specific person (Kanye West) that is the color of the makeup. He also has makeup for Kanye's beard, indicating a detail to the specific costume for an entire look not to become generically black to mock a race of people.

Very bad decesion, and he might indeed be racist as well... but the costume itself is not racist.
There is nothing inherently wrong or mocking in being brown-skinned or in being Kanye West. Thats my take, anyway.

kanye-west-costume.jpg

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
CStc39jVAAAzQfb.jpg

CStc5ooUsAAWyIR.jpg

CStc7WqUEAALbon.jpg

CStc-LBUkAE5De0.jpg

CStdARiUkAANHkF.jpg

CStdBxyUsAAmjh8.jpg

Racist homo wants to start some shyt huh? Ok....:demonic:

From the Googles:
:sas1:
Cantu Family History. Mexican (Cantú): probably a habitational namefrom Cantù in Italy. This surname is extremely frequent in Mexico, but rare elsewhere. IGI has 0 examples from Spain; 4700 from Mexico; and just 22 from Como, Italy.

Another Mexicant. Another day.:sas2:

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For a group of people who are asked to forgive atrocities even before we're done getting to grieve over them and are constantly "asked" to stop killing one another before "they" will look into not doing it we stay on people's minds.

there's some straight up WEIRD ass fascination some cats have with black people.

Racism is taught as evident by the dumbass who painted up that kid.
It's our melanin. A gift and a curse cause everyone be on our dikks.

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
White people can still be plenty racist without being in blackface.

All you do when you call full costumed makeup blackface is minimalize actual blackface.

This is blackface:
What is she supposed to be? Anyone in particular? No... just 'black' as a whole. An entire race minimalized and mocked, stereotypically.

m8d9uv.jpg

This on the other hand is white privillage spilling over into poor decesion making, not blackface:
Using make up to try and portray a specific person (Kanye West) that is the color of the makeup. He also has makeup for Kanye's beard, indicating a detail to the specific costume for an entire look not to become generically black to mock a race of people.

Very bad decesion, and he might indeed be racist as well... but the costume itself is not racist.
There is nothing inherently wrong or mocking in being brown-skinned or in being Kanye West. Thats my take, anyway.

kanye-west-costume.jpg

IMO, things like this can never fly, and we should never give a pass similar to the one above. I'm currently living in AL, let one of these preppy white boys try this and use the same excuse. You have no idea how cunning they can be, they would easily get away with it and then crack jokes when they are back in their dorms. I don't care if the intentions of the teacher above were positive or not, any type of painting of the skin for Halloween should not fly at all. I have to quote a teenager here but her point still stands, this costume could have easily been done without painting of the skin.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
IMO, things like this can never fly, and we should never give a pass similar to the one above. I'm currently living in AL, let one of these preppy white boys try this and use the same excuse. You have no idea how cunning they can be, they would easily get away with it and then crack jokes when they are back in their dorms. I don't care if the intentions of the teacher above were positive or not, any type of painting of the skin for Halloween should not fly at all. I have to quote a teenager here but her point still stands, this costume could have easily been done without painting of the skin.

Its your perogative to feel whatever way you do.
But have you bothered to analyze your concern?

If it is your belief that the person in the terrance howard costume is ok, but the kanye west costume is not, then what is the diferentiator? The make-up? Because what about the make up is racist or offensive? Brown skin is not offensive to me.

Actual Blackface involves inaccurate and exagerated stereotypes used to mock and humiliate an entire race of people.
Dressing up as Kanye West doesnt check any of those boxes.

The people that see the brown skin and immediately feel some type of way are likely projecting insecurity and possibly some form of self loathing.
Its not at all the same as painting a little girls face tar black with clown lips akin to traditional minstrel bafoonery where there is a full historic context and clear malicious intent like in this thread.

I only bother to even weigh in because a large portion of people up in arms have never seen an actual minstrel show or researched them.
Its like when people have a low paying job so they call themself a slave. Thats only because they know very little about slavery... otherwise they wouldn't so readily equate it.

btw.. I'm not defending the guy dressed as Kanye. I was upset he wasnt fired. I would of wanted him fired for no reason at all. fukk him. He's most likely racist. But the costume itself isn't. Its just a replica of shyt Kanye wears and how he looks, just done poorly.

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
Its your perogative to feel whatever way you do.
But have you bothered to analyze your concern?

If it is your belief that the person in the terrance howard costume is ok, but the kanye west costume is not, then what is the diferentiator? The make-up? Because what about the make up is racist or offensive? Brown skin is not offensive to me.

Actual Blackface involves inaccurate and exagerated stereotypes used to mock and humiliate an entire race of people.
Dressing up as Kanye West doesnt check any of those boxes.

The people that see the brown skin and immediately feel some type of way are likely projecting insecurity and possibly some form of self loathing.
Its not at all the same as painting a little girls face tar black with clown lips akin to traditional minstrel bafoonery where there is a full historic context and clear malicious intent like in this thread.

I only bother to even weigh in because a large portion of people up in arms have never seen an actual minstrel show or researched them.
Its like when people have a low paying job so they call themself a slave. Thats only because they know very little about slavery... otherwise they wouldn't so readily equate it.

btw.. I'm not defending the guy dressed as Kanye. I was upset he wasnt fired. I would of wanted him fired for no reason at all. fukk him. He's most likely racist. But the costume itself isn't. Its just a replica of shyt Kanye wears and how he looks, just done poorly.

I understand and I also am aware of minstrel shows and how blackface exaggerated black features, something that isn't similar to the Kanye costume. Right now my POV isn't supposed to be a reasonable one, you have to understand that I spent most of my years in the south. Attending schools where there were at most 20 black students including myself. Almost every day I had to deal with slick white students and even teachers saying things they thought went over my head. I simply don't want any white people ever painting their skin a color that they will just wash off the next day. If you want to play a character that is black, you can simply mimic the attire of that character and I will not have a problem with it. It boils my blood knowing that whites think it's ok to pick a color for Halloween.

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
I guess she was supposed to be Tiana from Princess and the Frog.
Tiana-the-princess-and-the-frog-6729892-250-473.jpg

988103_1333164924252_full.jpg

This is why I hate when non-blacks dress up as black characters some times because you never know if they gonna do that blackface stuff. When black people dress up as white characters, I never see a painted face or trying to change skin color. Why? Because it's a just costume, hopefully that little girl learns that when she gets older. Dude must live in a neighborhood where he knows he's safe so he got bold and posted it online. :smh:

:pacspit: to her father.

Last edited: