So we know that Young Ma is done but what about Fetty Wap...is it a wrap for him too?

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Substance must mean different things to different people, cause based on those tracks listed, most of them I can see exactly why they would be listed.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Deeper than the ocean and you deserve it come to mind off top... and I don't even like Future so I can't name a third

What is your definition of substance?

Having poetic content; emotionally and/or intellectually. When it comes to rappers of substance, it means communicating something memorable that resonates because of how thoughtful it is or how much feeling/passion it has. Thoughtful doesn't have to be serious - it can be hilarious. Witty, etc. Big L was rarely ever 'serious' but he said a ton of poetic/funny/witty shyt that resonated.

A lot of new rappers have nothing to say - whether emotionally or intellectually.
Let's take J Cole for an example. You post a J Cole line - on paper it's dull as fukk. Meaning that intellectually, it doesn't resonate. The way Cole delivers the line (voice, cadence) is also dull as fukk. So emotionally it doesn't resonate. He's just a wack rapper. He doesn't make anything of substance, despite his stans saying otherwise.

Rocky makes music of substance. It's very passionate and creative. Does he say anything thoughtful? Almost never. "Demons" is probably the closest: "A rebel to my death - it's in my flesh it's in my vessels". What makes the line stand out in the song is the voice and cadence with which Rocky delivers it. It's passionate and adds to the feel of the song.

I hope that helps :salute:

NYtymes

All Star
Daps
that flip phone track he got is heat, if he could make more songs like that and a crossover type record for the charts then he's back

FSP

Banned
Daps
I'm a pretty big Future fan...The nikka has NO substance. And I'm born and raised in the hood, like you. Hood shyt is not "substance", and very little of what Future talks about is relatable, being that he braggin with that baller talk the majority of the time
Songs like codeine crazy keep a nikka goin

FSP

Banned
Daps
Fetty Wap ain't dead but he's on the line....he's gotta find that new niche or sound or drama that's gonna put him back on. Kinda like the migos were for 2 years until Bad & Bougie came through and crushed it

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Having poetic content; emotionally and/or intellectually. When it comes to rappers of substance, it means communicating something memorable that resonates because of how thoughtful it is or how much feeling/passion it has. Thoughtful doesn't have to be serious - it can be hilarious. Witty, etc. Big L was rarely ever 'serious' but he said a ton of poetic/funny/witty shyt that resonated.

A lot of new rappers have nothing to say - whether emotionally or intellectually.
Let's take J Cole for an example. You post a J Cole line - on paper it's dull as fukk. Meaning that intellectually, it doesn't resonate. The way Cole delivers the line (voice, cadence) is also dull as fukk. So emotionally it doesn't resonate. He's just a wack rapper. He doesn't make anything of substance, despite his stans saying otherwise.

Rocky makes music of substance. It's very passionate and creative. Does he say anything thoughtful? Almost never. "Demons" is probably the closest: "A rebel to my death - it's in my flesh it's in my vessels". What makes the line stand out in the song is the voice and cadence with which Rocky delivers it. It's passionate and adds to the feel of the song.

I hope that helps :salute:

All this shyt is your personal opinion b. YOU like future so keep liking him..

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
That pirate looking motherfukker was never on if you asked me.. .I liked maybe two of his songs in total.. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
bytch nikka I SEE YOU'RE LACKING IN THE READING COMPREHENSION DEPARTMENT....I SAID FUTURE HAS SUBSTANCE YOU fakkit....AND I WILL SPIT IN YOUR FACE SAYING IM FROM THE BURBS nikka THIS ROSECRANS & BRADFIELD

I'm so dead off this post during my lunch break that it makes me want to drive to Rosecrans & Bradfield after work, take a picture of the signs, and paste that quote onto it.

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
:mjlol:

Future been here since 2010 and he def has substance.

You must be a suburban ass nikka but if you listen his shyt mad relatable to anyone who ever lived in the hood.

Don't make me post the actual tracks
He's garbage just like all the rappers today. But if you are a retard you will love Future's music. Oh and nikkas from the hood are the biggest sellouts on the planet.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
He's garbage just like all the rappers today. But if you are a retard you will love Future's music. Oh and nikkas from the hood are the biggest sellouts on the planet.
So if I like Kendrick Lamar and then it makes me smart?

Yall weirdos.

I'm a future fan and a fan of literally almost every artist.

Everyone beings something unique to the table.

You must be a baggy jean times 50 year old