So we know that Young Ma is done but what about Fetty Wap...is it a wrap for him too?

Vaulkner

Banned
Daps
thats why as a rapper you have to have SUBSTANCE to last longer than 2-3 years...even future has a little substance thats why he not going nowhere

to be honest, the East Coast hasn't been its natural self since Fifty blew up in early 2003, on top of the south blowing up that Summer of 2003. Everything from Papoose getting that 1.5 million and getting dropped from his label, to Maino and his flopped Black Hand movement, to Mims, to Bobby Shmurda, Fetty Wap, and Young Ma. There's no real lasting momentum and the likes of Nicki, Meek, Frenchie have to hook up with southern people (Wayne, Ross, Khaled) to even get exposure in the first place. If you aint have songs that can make the southern strip club move, you are "irrelevant" in the streets, according to the Coli.

:usure:

I agree with everything you said, EXCEPT about Bobby. He didn't even have a chance to fall off cause he got bagged only a few months after the summer when hot nikka blew up, and even still he had a few more hits in that short time. Computers and bobby bytch... hell bobby bytch was released like 2 days before he got locked up and god knows he wasnt stopping there. And once the news of his arrest went viral, all of his shyt really REALLY blew up... hot nikka is still in most DJ's rotation cause it such a real ass song AND makes the whole dance floor start shmoney dancing 3 years later.

Also when it comes to east coast rappers no ones mentioning Ferg and the a$ap mob. Work came out like the beginning of 2013 and Ferg been steady releasing hits since then. Im hearing that New Level every time i go clubbin right now and that shyt is hard(Which btw, is featuring Future, who it seems everyone wants to be featured on their song, he wont be going anywhere anytime soon)

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
to be honest, the East Coast hasn't been its natural self since Fifty blew up in early 2003, on top of the south blowing up that Summer of 2003. Everything from Papoose getting that 1.5 million and getting dropped from his label, to Maino and his flopped Black Hand movement, to Mims, to Bobby Shmurda, Fetty Wap, and Young Ma. There's no real lasting momentum and the likes of Nicki, Meek, Frenchie have to hook up with southern people (Wayne, Ross, Khaled) to even get exposure in the first place. If you aint have songs that can make the southern strip club move, you are "irrelevant" in the streets, according to the Coli.

Which makes Rocky's rise all the more :wow:

The way NY missed that boat though :laff:

Something off about the north man

Every time they catch a lil momentum it's sort of obscure and it doesn't sustain itself

This is why you've got to tip your hat to French, Nikki, and Meek for how they've managed to keep their momentum going since 2010

continue to pretend Rocky doesn't exist and hasn't moved culture (far more than anyone you've mentioned) when everyone's begging for his attention in some way, shape and form, B-R-E-H-S

:mjlol:

Last edited:

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
I mean we are having this discussion like he was supposed to be the next big star. He actually exceeded his expectations. He was built to come and go. And that's what happened. It was supposed to be like this. Part of longevity in today's music is about your image and brand.
You can't have one eye and be marketable I'm sorry.

Nikka can't even eat off residuals and publishing because nobody is even playing his old shiit anymore
:mjlol:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fetty had two popular singles last year. :gucci:
Young MA is releasing popular music too. :gucci:

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Quit asking my age and the general population gives no fukk about those two tracks YOU hold in high regard.

Money Power Respect is not a classic hiphop record thats spanned 20 years brehs...:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:.......all cause fukk up some Commas...a record that came out 3 years ago is already washed and played out. ...:snoop:...new nikkas..:scust:

Vonte3000

Chance 3 :wow: :blessed:
Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
Nikkas saying Future has no substance don't REALLY listen to Future.

J.Cole & Kendrick are NOT substance.

I laugh at my young Nikkas who look at Cole as if he's a Prophet. I tell em "listen to some Nas nikka and tell me how fast you can even keep up."

Listen u hating ass nikkas, Cole & Kendrick are just watered down versions of the greats before them.
Then what is future?:francis:

How can you bring up how great Nas is then champion future? I seriously missed something, put me on some future records with substance as his catalog has grown sonce I stopped listening to rap like that.

Vonte3000

Chance 3 :wow: :blessed:
Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
Future self propelled run is one of the most underrated important movements in hip hop history. The nikka literally put his career on his own back musically and just grinder relentlessly for relevancy and it's working. You must respect that shyt.
Future produce his own records too?:picard:
I didn't know that