Something about Kendrick Lamar..

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
:francis:a lot of angry typing going on in this bytch!!!

atcj_x0-RSQ09guZ3noME7sFUsY9FARzeFhI-nS-A9nZrM1aeM985tc1tbDb_OMihW_j7mIcPs0rL-i6QozRQCFQv3QUsXQ-Iz0OLRj8pyeAi9g51ohoLN8DCA4TPzYfXM0sTog

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
You know you're hot when you got a bunch of posters trying to brag about the off brand version of you.
:dead:

:laff: @ Posters in here pushing the Hip Hop equivalent of "Great Value Frosted Flakes" so they can get Kendrick lamar without listening to Kendrick Lamar.

"I don't like Kendrick but *insert rapper here* is a better kendrick than kendrick. "
Can't take these clowns serious.
First it was los.
Now it's vince staples.
#TheColi.com
:pachaha:

Also :pacspit: @ Any lu stan coming at Kendrick for the dumb shyt he stated in that article.
If you're against "Respectability Politics", then you should be against lupe fiasco WHOLE SALE. :laff:

Yeeaaahhh...NO.
What I think is happening here is posters take THEIR perspective on Hip Hop music and project
it on everyone else.
I'm not "starved for something that stimulates me intellectually" because I listen to artists Hip Hop or otherwise at all levels of notoriety.

I listen to dudes with a couple thousand fans and dudes with millions of them and frankly I'd put Kendrick's release up against any Hip Hop release in the past 5 years, it's that good :yeshrug:

And I REALLY suggest you guys go back to the album because judging by the claims in here it's patently obviously you didn't spend much time with it.

He wrote a "black" album ? WTF ?
Did he speak on Black issues ? YES.
Was that the entirety of the content ? NO.
Over half the album is about HIS PERSONAL EXPERIENCES.
The album's title is about the condition of black males in the hood and his analysis of the situation. But black issues are not the entirety of his content. So you can be added to the list of Kendrick stans that have offered no real reasons as to why his album is good besides, "Well there's nothing better." Like I said people be settling.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Solid posting. People just dont want to admit that Kendrick is damn near a product of "social conditioning". Im not saying that he's not a talented lyricist and doesn't make good songs, but its obvious that his fame is manufactured. People in general (especially young people) are sheep in nature. The human mind is very impressionable. On the outside, saying you a Kendrick Lamar fan is the cool and trendy thing to do. But like others have said, people aint bumpin K.L in the whips. Because of the LACK of other lyricists and "conciousness" in the mainstream, K.L stands out and is seen as a Messiah. Give somebody like Phonte (who is just as great of a lyricist and has 10X the personality and charisma of K.L) the same "machine" and people would forget all about K.L
The only people who fukking gives a fukk how he became famous are dumb ass nikkas who don't even like music. What's so hard to understand than we simply LISTEN to what we want and like what we like. It's not a implausible clause nikkas.

Oh Naw we brainwashed on some WWII shyt. :camby: fukk outta here I'm a grown ass man. Like I said I and the majority of people gives two fukks how he came up on the mainstream. Yall wanna act like this nikka wasn't out there pushing mixtapes heavy before he got signed. You say he's talented so wtf is the problem?

Oh so you have a problem with how he reached his success. Epitome of the fukk nikka. It's 2015 and I don't give a fukk about the commercial aspect of Hip Hop nor the politics of the industry. I listen music b, do you?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
His content is constructed and marketed to supposely inspire black people to a certain degree, but when confronted by the media on current social issues my Afrikaan seems to..

0882520425eca1b586265b1ebece108d.500x281x102.gif

Produce socially conscious music, while allowing the media to force you into political correctness in interviews :sas1:
Since no one will reply to this because the truth hurts too much

Lemme gon head and quote it for the new page :sas2:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Since no one will reply to this because the truth hurts too much

Lemme gon head and quote it for the new page :sas2:
Y'all reach too much :francis:

Don't even know why y'all perpetrating like yall wanna have a serious in depth discussion out chea. It's The Coli nikka like you said earlier in the thread.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The album's title is about the condition of black males in the hood and his analysis of the situation. But black issues are not the entirety of his content. So you can be added to the list of Kendrick stans that have offered no real reasons as to why his album is good besides, "Well there's nothing better." Like I said people be settling.
Breh if you're going to sit here and make a generalization about the
album at least be honest when you get called on it.
Because the album is primarily about Kendrick and his navigating the pitfalls
of fame not "Black males in the hood".

Also reread my post because I never once said "there's nothing better...".
I said it's ONE OF the best releases in the past five years.
Nowhere does it say there were no other dope releases in the past five years..
Since TheColi sleeps on everything I'll put you up on some other dope Hip Hop.
You can thank me later.

81CwxkkaKLL._SL1500_.jpg

MMG031CD.jpg

2013-02-13-kp.jpg

ACTI3032CD.jpg

51Lb0FJd3BL.jpg

a57b3dd1_blu-good-to-be-home-album-cover-2-650x650.jpeg

This is only a few :yeshrug: my collection of albums is :banderas:

Just 2015 has had some crazy releases :
Lupe_Fiasco_Tetsuo_%26_Youth.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

big.jpg

:camby: @ posters trying to imply that you must not listen to a lot of Hip Hop
if you think this album is dope.

Again, I'm a head, I really do listen to albums.
I don't care if Kendrick's "Famous" or not because I'd still say his shyt was dope
because at the end of that day that's all that matters.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
:francis:a lot of angry typing going on in this bytch!!!

atcj_x0-RSQ09guZ3noME7sFUsY9FARzeFhI-nS-A9nZrM1aeM985tc1tbDb_OMihW_j7mIcPs0rL-i6QozRQCFQv3QUsXQ-Iz0OLRj8pyeAi9g51ohoLN8DCA4TPzYfXM0sTog

The only people who fukking gives a fukk how he became famous are dumb ass nikkas who don't even like music. What's so hard to understand than we simply LISTEN to what we want and like what we like. It's not a implausible clause nikkas.

Oh Naw we brainwashed on some WWII shyt. :camby: fukk outta here I'm a grown ass man. Like I said I and the majority of people gives two fukks how he came up on the mainstream. Yall wanna act like this nikka wasn't out there pushing mixtapes heavy before he got signed. You say he's talented so wtf is the problem?

Oh so you have a problem with how he reached his success. Epitome of the fukk nikka. It's 2015 and I don't give a fukk about the commercial aspect of Hip Hop nor the politics of the industry. I listen music b, do you?

YeLovesBoston

Superstar
Daps
So going platinum and record sales have nothing to do with who wins the grammys now??

So how did Young MC win a Grammy in 1990 for "Bust a Move" over Public Enemy's "Fight the Power"?

Or Macklemore winning a Grammy in 2014 for best Rap album over Kendrick?

Wow, you really are a dumbass :heh:

You're comprehension is really low. Im saying sales come from the PEOPLE. Platinum records earn you Grammy nominations but the Grammys are awarded by a committee. You're trying to say people just BUY Kendrick's music because there's a bandwagon. Lmfao maybe first week sales. But if Kendrick wasn't as good as the majority thought he was, his music wouldn't be so be sk hyped. But idiots like you on the internet dont think hes great so he must be "overhyped" or "overrated" :stopitslime:

You're a fukkin retard :mjlol:

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX

lol @ having to explain why an album is good

Music is subjective breh, it's all opinion. If I asked you why Illmatic is good, would you be able to explain it?

And before anyone gets butthurt, that's not a comparison. Just an example of an obviously good album.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Dude still doesn't have "it" to me. Take somebody like Kevin Gates for example. The 1st time i heard that "i got 6 jobs" song, i was blown away. Dude jus has "it". I could feel Kevin's passion and charisma through the speakers. I dont get that at all with Kendrick

That Luca Brasi 2 and Murder for Hire are still in heavy rotation
:win:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:at not liking Kendrick because he has a machine behind him but liking Eminem, who had the exact same Interscope machine behind him

Kendrick is boring, here's one song off a 14 track mixtape that came out 5 years ago proving that point:dwillhuh: