Something weird is going on …as a black person in the “corporate world”

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Theres no black middle class over here, its literally been designed as whites in the office, nikkas on the floor. They've allowed asians to gain some headway as a whole nikkas is pretty much disenfranchised from moving up.
@LiveFromLondon Already much said the key parts in his reply.

Here isn’t built on in your face aggressive capitalism but it is built on a feudalistic rent seeking mindset. Americans are so greedy that they’re hard working and innovative, brits are greedy & lazy.

Property is king so those who have it a clear advantage. Salaries are increasingly trash compared to US.

No clear Black Middle class although this may change IMO. I think the African Second gens may create this once they leave london.

TLDR - Unproductive economy with clear racial wealth gap. Wouldn’t recommend but better than other European countries IMO.
Sounds like y'all might as well move over here. At least you can hustle and get somewhere granted not much farther.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
Sounds like y'all might as well move over here. At least you can hustle and get somewhere granted not much farther.

Trust me breh, it’s a goal. I want to get money in the states and invest back home in the Caribbean.

The UK is great if you are old, poor, not ambitious but if not it lowkey sucks IMO.

The economy over here is looking very washed. Place ain’t for me :scust:

Last edited:

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
Bruh me too. It's like they looked for shıt to complain about, any little error which was far and few then put me on a reset plan. Meanwhile, people around me fụcking up on big shıt and it gets overlooked.

If you black you're not allowed to coast in corporate America. They want every drop of blood they can out of you or they cut you and say you're not performing to standards.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Facts, just had performance bonus review meeting

Reviewed all my work as an engineer who is also doing underpaid project manager work
Result: Meets expectations.
So I ask why? They said nah nah we like you, you've been producing but it's time to lead the dept.

Lol so on top of the micro-aggressions, the information isolationism, stagnant bureaucracy, the additional bs work no one wants to deal with,
I still have to produce and lead product campaigns. Which I do.

Now You want me to revamp AND lead MY dept? with no support? for the same pay?

LMAO that's why my corporate OGs say to just keep your peace, find your lane and level, and chill.
There's even more BS at the top . Sad part is I still want to go there.
that's why I don't work for big corporations as a number no more.

Went to a smaller but private company, can walk in the owner/president's office anytime and shoot the shyt. make director level bread without 95% of the headache and still do my own thing and just keep my boss in the loop.

get bonuses, incentives without those goofy ass performance reviews that are fulla shyt. :snooze:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
If you black you're not allowed to coast in corporate America. They want every drop of blood they can out of you or they cut you and say you're not performing to standards.

They really want blacks uneducated and physically in pain, doing blue collar work for chump change. They see a black person in a climate controlled nice luxury office, they think that the same token black person is hogging up their reaources by being physically free of strain, so they rather put us through mental stress 24/7 to push us outta there. For CACs, the office is like a daily gathering of buddies.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Found out today, I’m getting a 4.5% raise. My performance review was great last year. My immediate boss is a white woman who came up the ranks. It’s a man’s world and she finally found her lane. We used to work together.

Her boss is the guy who hired me on. We deployed together in ‘08 so I’m good.

My problem is the money is too good to move to Texas. They have a spot for me but I would be working a nine to five and losing 30k. I can’t come back to the states full time for that.

I’ll continue to ride this contract out and pick up some skills.
I'm telling you bro being a govt worker is so much easier than being a private worker, granted we gotta deal with a different sset of bulllshyt but I'll take that over private any day of the week

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Can’t speak on the biases people of color are facing, but it’s rampant with the white people too.

Companies are trying desperately to claw back the power they lost in the great resignation and they are fukkigm with everyone I know who works in the corporate worlds monies.
I think this is what it is and with black ppl we gotta deal with it 30% more than the others especially if you work private

im telling you certain CEOs are pissed that some of them have to close down physical buildings and that they can't micromanage ppl the way they used too. covid opened up a box that some of them hate

Loggie

All Star
Daps
I'm telling you bro being a govt worker is so much easier than being a private worker, granted we gotta deal with a different sset of bulllshyt but I'll take that over private any day of the week
I have to brush up my resume. I’m in contact with an organization that handles all of that for Georgia Reservists for free. I have to take advantage.

I wouldn’t mind govt work if I can get a GS12 spot off top. I hear you get per diem and they pay for your housing overseas. I don’t know if it’s possible to start that high but I can try. If the money is right, I’d make that move in a heartbeat.

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
I have to brush up my resume. I’m in contact with an organization that handles all of that for Georgia Reservists for free. I have to take advantage.

I wouldn’t mind govt work if I can get a GS12 spot off top. I hear you get per diem and they pay for your housing overseas. I don’t know if it’s possible to start that high but I can try. If the money is right, I’d make that move in a heartbeat.

I'm on the contracting side of the house in a vetted position doing what a GS-12 does. It might be the best of both worlds.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH

I was working for top 3 DoD defense companies for 5 yrs, got fired and got gs13 position in the airforce. I think you can do it breh

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
The safest bet is a three fund portfolio which is S&P 500 + International + Treasury Bond.
I had to liquidate stuff last year otherwise I'd be at $170k right now. :sadcam:
And unfortunately what was liquidated first were Classic Bluechip stocks that cash flow early on.

Stuff like Coca Cola or J&J.

I usually focus on simple and just throw as much money as possible because my day job + Schooling makes it difficult
to research stocks like I want too.

So I miss out on the gains that others do while I invest in myself.
Preciate you OG

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
LOL! Nah cool it something else. Let’s just say I would go home early if i finished all my work before noon :mjgrin:

I worked for KBR in Iraq and DynCorp in Afghanistan. I remember GO1 violations were the easiest way to get fired. KBR was on some extra strict shyt too with timesheets, their uniform policy and dealing with the customer.

DynCorp was cool though. You couldn't have a chick in your room because of their interpretation of GO1 but you had her in your own office no problem :shaq: