Something weird is going on …as a black person in the “corporate world”

Loggie

All Star
Daps
Work is for the birds the type you talkin about but making money can be fun
Thats true. My ultimate goal is to be a middle man and supply a customer with supply from the supplier.

I don’t know if you remember the woman who won that 250M contract with FEMA to provide Puerto Rico with food after hurricane Maria. She had a 5 person office. All she did was sub out the work.
:russ::russ:
I got my DUNS and register with the FEDs already. Haven’t won any contracts yet haha. I’ll find a lick one day.

Last edited:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great breakdown. Any HYS recs?
The safest bet is a three fund portfolio which is S&P 500 + International + Treasury Bond.
I had to liquidate stuff last year otherwise I'd be at $170k right now. :sadcam:
And unfortunately what was liquidated first were Classic Bluechip stocks that cash flow early on.

Stuff like Coca Cola or J&J.

I usually focus on simple and just throw as much money as possible because my day job + Schooling makes it difficult
to research stocks like I want too.

So I miss out on the gains that others do while I invest in myself.

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
Sounds like the textbook definition of "meets expectations"
Unless...in your previous performance review you inquired about exceeding expectations and whatever they told you...you did

I'm sure you're old enough to have these discussions documented
I hear u but I def did much more work last year than when I first started.

The reviews were higher when I first started.

Meets expectations implies that there were no new major responsibilities added on in the last year

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
I just received the most glowing performance review in my career while simultaneously spending the most time home playing video games and getting my dikk sucked.

You just gotta figure out how to play the game. Gotta look like you doing the most and going above and beyond without actually doing shyt. I’m playing the travel game now, so I’m living on the company dime a week or two out the month. Travel day on Monday, actually work Tuesday and Wednesday, travel home Thursday, then stay home and check email on Friday. Can’t beat it.
Damn what's ur job?

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hear u but I def did much more work last year than when I first started.

The reviews were higher when I first started.

Meets expectations implies that there were no new major responsibilities added on in the last year
I feel you

The goalposts moving is nasty
Without knowing the details, you might have to play the office politics game becoming friendlier with the person/people level(s) above your boss. Not brown nosing….but genuine on a professional level (mentorship, guidance, information…pretty much “ear hustling”

It’s pretty much like Survivor and getting allies + info

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Same shıt on my end and my CDT manager is a black woman that kisses ass and is a huge cọon. She doesn't know my role nor how much work I put in but gives me a poor performance review plus I have weekly one on one's where she's condescending af. I've been applying to 50 to 100 jobs a week. May not even give a 2 weeks notice when I quit.

I'm also the only black male at my job. I work around mostly diverse non black women.
She could also be one of those black women who are apart of the divestor movement. I really worry about working for one of those black women.

I work for a Becky now and she has times where the Karen can come out.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Bruh me too. It's like they looked for shıt to complain about, any little error which was far and few then put me on a reset plan. Meanwhile, people around me fụcking up on big shıt and it gets overlooked.

This is one of the cons for being black especially being a black man. Other races especially whites can get away with much more.

Like I said before, we can't just do the bare minimum. We have to be super exceptional and very valuable. If not, we can get let go or simply a target on our back.

KGlock

All Star
Daps
The same fools who you'd either suspect are cacs or c00ns in other threads are itt talm bout ' yh the game is hard, these cacs/asians target me and try and make my life miserable :mjcry:'
:mjlol:
I think some brothas got this curse where they feel they MUST portray themselves as this chosen 1 that don't go through racism, struggles or just gets favor from all races and creeds.:martin:
I legit feel like slapping a fool that be on that 'I did it, you can too.. pull your bootstraps up' bs, like who you fooling?

I was in corporate for 3 whole years before I bounced and started my own business and created couple other streams of income during covid. As a man, God gifted us with foresight, the minute I peeped that these non-blacks love to play mind games and be passive aggressive endlessly I knew I had to create contingencies and make my exit swiftly before that shyt destroyed my mental makeup.:francis:
The only thing corporate helped with (besides connections) is the diplomacy I gained where I can put on a face/code switch effortlessly to deal with crakka clients. Getting into corporate already isnt easy as a brotha, having non-dikk head superiors and cohorts who wont envy or hate on you (ESPECIALLY if you're a tall attractive breh) is 50x more rare. Unfortunately we know a lot of black folk love them some crakka validation so they don't mind the snarky remarks and microaggessions you gotta face 24/7 in the office. In my case my boss actually fukked with me heavy, it was the bytch made envious co-workers that I had to deal with. If you a breh in corporate or working your way towards it. Trust me make it a short term plan with entrepreneurship being the long term goal. How long you gonna be comfortable calling another man boss?:dame:

Folk are the subjugated under class, any thing substantial that we gain in this society won't come without some form of hardship or frustration at several turns. Easier said than done but at the end of the day its best just to own your own shyt and be your own boss. :yeshrug:

Yes there's risks but again if you're comfortable being bytched by rice cacs/crakkas then by all means stay pat with your comfy income. If not start doing your research and make the necessary steps NOW!:ufdup:

Last edited:

Laidbackman

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
It's not just you, but y'all keep failing to see that everybody gets fuked over. Whites and Asians ain't immune to getting fired or losing promotions.
There was this "Saturday Night Live" skit back in the day, and it featured Chris Rock, who was the supervisor over a bunch of White folks, who all came to his desk one morning, saying they wanted to know the true Black experience. He told them "Ok. You're all fired!":mjlol:

Last edited:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Also, in my case I don't think it's an isolated issue to just me being black. The BA before me and his lead were let go and they were white. I'm using them as references for my new job searches. He was also going to get me on board if they opened up another position. Everyone before us has either quit without notice or were let go while having false cases built against them. I will follow suit without notice.

Discrimination is only 35% of it. If I was white, I would get praised by the PM with flying colors especially if I didn't stand up for myself and call her out for being micro aggressive.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The same fools who you'd either suspect are cacs or c00ns in other threads are itt talm bout ' yh the game is hard, these cacs/asians target me and try and make my life miserable :mjcry:'
:mjlol:
I think some brothas got this curse where they feel they MUST portray themselves as this chosen 1 that don't go through racism, struggles or just gets favor from all races and creeds.:martin:
I legit feel like slapping a fool that be on that 'I did it, you can too.. pull your bootstraps up' bs, like who you fooling?

I was in corporate for 3 whole years before I bounced and started my own business and created couple other streams of income during covid. As a man, God gifted us with foresight, the minute I peeped that these non-blacks love to play mind games and be passive aggressive endlessly I knew I had to create contingencies and make my exit swiftly before that shyt destroyed my mental makeup.:francis:
The only thing corporate helped with (besides connections) is the diplomacy I gained where I can put on a face/code switch effortlessly to deal with crakka clients. Getting into corporate already isnt easy as a brotha, having non-dikk head superiors and cohorts who wont envy or hate on you (ESPECIALLY if you're a tall attractive breh) is 50x more rare. Unfortunately we know a lot of black folk love them some crakka validation so they don't mind the snarky remarks and microaggessions you gotta face 24/7 in the office. In my case my boss actually fukked with me heavy, it was the bytch made envious co-workers that I had to deal with. If you a breh in corporate or working your way towards it. Trust me make it a short term plan with entrepreneurship being the long term goal. How long you gonna be comfortable calling another man boss?:dame:

Folk are the subjugated under class, any thing substantial that we gain in this society won't come without some form of hardship or frustration at several turns. Easier said than done but at the end of the day its best just to own your own shyt and be your own boss. :yeshrug:

Yes there's risks but again if you're comfortable being bytched by rice cacs/crakkas then by all means stay pat with your comfy income. If not start doing your research and make the necessary steps NOW!:ufdup:
This is exactly what happened to me in my most recent role. Once I got it I was happy because it'd give me valuable experience that can lead to much higher salaries.

I got on the team and I had to deal with A LOT of bullshyt from women, mainly white and Hispanic women.

I was one of only two black men on the team. And they felt a way because I was going to school for a second Bachelor's in Engineering.

After a year of bullshyt. I jumped ship to another organization (same company) for more money and an even better job title on my resume (Engineer).

I learned a lot from that experience and it only reminded me that:
1. Cacs can be ridiculous with their passive aggressive racism.
2. It can be easy to label you as the "angry black man". Even if your anger is justified.
3. Don't be loyal to any boss.
4. Study job titles, requirements and keep skilling up/gaining an education.
5. Stack your bread as much as possible without totally sacrificing your life.
Because no one, I mean no one has you, like you have you.
6. The joneses are broke (my "professional" shorty recently let me know she makes nearly half of what I do :pachaha: and she goes out WAY more than I do!!!)
@Jcotton1 just got your DM, wrote you back a moment ago.
Check it out when you get a chance.

Last edited: