SPIDERMAN : far from home (SPOILER TALK)

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
I thought Garfield was dope in the suit.

As Peter, he was a little too cool for me, like as a standalone character he's fine but in the context of who Peter Parker feels like to me, I just felt like he had a little too much swag.

I didn't know he said that but it makes sense. Shows they want to pick up can just explain the time gap either by being dusted or laying low after the snap.

There is also talk that the netflix shows that already exist can be picked up by Marvel, if that is true they may not reboot those characters

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
There is also talk that the netflix shows that already exist can be picked up by Marvel, if that is true they may not reboot those characters

They just have to wait 2 years for the rights to run out then it's a go. They already got origin stories loosely set in the MCU already, no need for a reboot.

They re-cast Dare Devil I will lose my shyt.

:hubie:

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
They just have to wait 2 years for the rights to run out then it's a go. They already got origin stories loosely set in the MCU already, no need for a reboot.

I stated earlier but DD can be used starting Oct 2020, chances are the next Spiderman movie will be in 2021. I agree...Charlie Cox is DD now

Last edited:

The Fire

way more chemical than political
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
Garfield was perfect imo. Nailed both Pete and Spidey.

Holland is a great high school Spidey in this universe. How he develops going forward is where I get :patrice: especially physically
holland is a much better peter. and it doesn’t really matter, they can give him a beard or something if they want to age him up

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

I thought I was the only person that cringed when Amy Pascal's name popped up in the credits.

:hhh:

Goddamn I hope this sony verse shyt flops.

I wouldn't put a lot of faith in this theory. Without the actual contracts, its impossible to prove or disprove. That and that channel has a history of making up false narratives.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Finally caught the flick just now.

It was damn near note perfect to me. The teenage awkwardness, the anxiety about living up to his OG's example. Dude was even carrying some of RDJ's mannerisms too. I know people bang with Andrew Garfield on here, but to me - he's nowhere near as likeable as this kid is - both as Spiderman and Peter Parker.

The Mysterio illusions were really on point. shyt was a comic come to life. Using the drones was a nice touch to modernize him as well.

I'm really hoping that AIM comes back with the scorned Stark employees as the leaders. I could definitely see those goofy motherfukkers making MODOK and being :ohhh::gladbron::banderas::blessed:

There were literal screams after the mid credits ending.

I'm ready for wherever we go next. :wow:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I wouldn't put a lot of faith in this theory. Without the actual contracts, its impossible to prove or disprove. That and that channel has a history of making up false narratives.

True. But damn do they make some compelling videos. :wow: A lot of their shyt can be disproved by just Googling interviews. :ehh:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Finally caught the flick just now.

It was damn near note perfect to me. The teenage awkwardness, the anxiety about living up to his OG's example. Dude was even carrying some of RDJ's mannerisms too. I know people bang with Andrew Garfield on here, but to me - he's nowhere near as likeable as this kid is - both as Spiderman and Peter Parker.

The Mysterio illusions were really on point. shyt was a comic come to life. Using the drones was a nice touch to modernize him as well.

I'm really hoping that AIM comes back with the scorned Stark employees as the leaders. I could definitely see those goofy motherfukkers making MODOK and being :ohhh::gladbron::banderas::blessed:

There were literal screams after the mid credits ending.

I'm ready for wherever we go next. :wow:
I agree, He seemed too cocky to me. Sort of like Tony Stark in a spiderman suit. Which is ironic considering most people complain that this spiderman is too enamored with Tony Stark.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I agree, He seemed too cocky to me. Sort of like Tony Stark in a spiderman suit. Which is ironic considering most people complain that this spiderman is too enamored with Tony Stark.

I feel like with Garfield they tried to update the character and make him almost a cool loner, instead of the traditional 'awkward solitary nerd' - which is fair enough.

In this instance - we've got Ned (and now MJ and even May and Happy to an extent) to ground him and make him relatable. In the past the only person consistently on his side was May. They'd throw in Harry and Otto, but they both turn on him.

The thing with him ignoring Captain Stacy's dying wish to leave his daughter alone and then letting Gwen fall to her death in the next movie was straight :mjtf:

I'm aware she dies that way in the comics, but it made Garfield's Spider-man look like a real piece of shyt.

As for the Tony/Peter relationship - I felt it was mainly to give us a proxy for Uncle Ben without having to show his death for the 3rd time. It's a pretty clever way to do it IMO because Tony's death meant something to everyone and not just to Peter. He just felt the weight of it more.

Last edited:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When he used his spider sense properly at the end was fukking dope

Obviously its all rumour, and it sounds extreme there being 9 films, but with his huge range of villains and how well they did Vulture and mysterio I’m absolutely down for it, Scorpion, Chameleon, Electro, Lizard, Harry and Norman Osbourne, Rhino, Doc Oc, Silvermane & Tombstone...setting up the sinister six, and it’s a stretch because of Sony but Venom, Carnage & Kraven also

Along with introducing people like Miles and Felicia Hardy, theres more than enough content/story there for 7 more films.

Last edited:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I never want to see someone who isn’t Charlie Cox or Jon Bernthal playing DD or Punisher ever again.

Last edited: