Spirituality and Race

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Most theologies and religions tell you that we are all connected and eventually to place your race and differences aside. We also know the connection religion has had in seperating and oppressing people.

So I guess my question is what is your opinion? Would you be able to put your race aside and embrace humans as kindred spirits, brothers and sisters? Do you think we should?

I think history is important and shouldn't be forgotten, but I'm also learning to live in the present. I can respect people as individuals and as human beings, but I don't know how close I can get with white folks. I can never forget my history. I can never forget my race, it's part of my culture and identity. I don't know if that will hold me back spiritually. :lupe:

Related thread:
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/what...he-black-community-more-than-religion.285786/
@JudgeJoeGorilla @nikkaz In Paris @KillahKamn @KravenMorehead™ @Emperor_ReinScarf

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
Even though I talk about how white people piss me off and they are evil I still generally have love for all people (all who are good). I can't speak for other religions but as far as christianity goes we are taught love. The hate people have for each other is from Satan and it is not something that was intended.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
I embrace all my Christian brehs and brehettes regardless of race
What about non-Christians?

Even though I talk about how white people piss me off and they are evil I still generally have love for all people (all who are good). I can't speak for other religions but as far as christianity goes we are taught love. The hate people have for each other is from Satan and it is not something that was intended.
I don't hate white folks, Im just wary of them.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Sprituality implies that there is some higher power

Look around around you and look at potentially what's out there in this universe or beyond. To think that "God" would give any fukk about petty things that we give credence to, to me is disrespectful to whatever higher power is out there

Live your life, have integrity and morals, choose positive endeavors over negative ones and you'll prosper regardless of what specific religion you choose to partake in

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
I think it's very important to not fall into the trap. Our society bases everything on generalizations and groups. It's very easy to get caught up in that, and in doing so you can alienate a lot of good people.

People should be judged based on their character & values, not what race they belong too.