Stallone has Rocky & Rambo, Arnold has Terminator, The Rock has ____?

MillionMills

Superstar
Daps
Stallone and Arnold were before my time but doing research it seems they were more concerned with putting out great action flicks, box office #s and showing off their gains, than getting academy awards. They both still happened to put out classics. Stallone with Rocky, which is still getting films to this day & Rambo. Arnold with Terminator, which is getting another movie this year.

Rock seems cut from that same cloth as those 2. He's not getting any academy awards anytime soon and seems more interested in putting out great action flicks and showing off his body. But I'm looking at his filmography and I dont see anything that resembles a classic. What Rock movie will we be watching 20 years from now? What franchise has he created where there will be films 20 years from now, like Terminator and Rocky?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
RightScornfulAdeliepenguin-size_restricted.gif

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Man, y’all gotta stop hating on The Rock. My mans is a bald half-black, half-Samoan dude who rose to become the highest paid actor in the game. I still remember when Jumanji toppled The Last Jedi in its second week. Sure, his films are wack, but that’s more about the moviegoing audience than Rocky, as The Rock has given us enough entertainment between 1997-2003 than all the Marvel flicks put together. Put some respeck on that man’s name :ufdup:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
He doesn't...and I fukk with Rock heavy, but he has no signature franchise. I'd be embarrassed as fukk as an actor if I was highest paid and I'm known for Jumanji.

Hobbs and Shaw although a jackmove, is a step in the right direction. He needs to get back to his roots like Walking Tall, Faster, or The Rundown.

The last great action stars are either Michael Jai White or Jason Statham.

Hell if Tom Cruise and Keanu Reeves can be the best action stars in the world, The Rock should be able to do it too.

I'm not sure if its because he wants to be the safe guy or what...he should pick up some tips from his homie Mark Wahlberg. He manages to make solid action flicks.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
The Rock has Rampage and Skyscraper. :mjlol:

The Rock has never been in a good movie that wasn't an ensemble cast. I don't think he's found THAT career defining role. I honestly think his wrestling career was probably his best role. He was charismatic and funny. If he could play a character like that in a movie it would be his featured role.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Can't forget he is no Will Smith either,which is who The Rock is supposed to be a replacement for. He is clearly taking roles that should be going to Will. I hope Tyrese calls up his good friend Will and gets him to take The Rocks spot. Imagine the energy that would add to the franchise when we see that tweet #FastFamily:respect:.

MillionMills

Superstar
Daps
Man, y’all gotta stop hating on The Rock. My mans is a bald half-black, half-Samoan dude who rose to become the highest paid actor in the game. I still remember when Jumanji toppled The Last Jedi in its second week. Sure, his films are wack, but that’s more about the moviegoing audience than Rocky, as The Rock has given us enough entertainment between 1997-2003 than all the Marvel flicks put together. Put some respeck on that man’s name :ufdup:
I'd rather watch the Jumanji with Robin Williams

Benefited

Banned
Daps
He doesn't...and I fukk with Rock heavy, but he has no signature franchise. I'd be embarrassed as fukk as an actor if I was highest paid and I'm known for Jumanji.

Hobbs and Shaw although a jackmove, is a step in the right direction. He needs to get back to his roots like Walking Tall, Faster, or The Rundown.

The last great action stars are either Michael Jai White or Jason Statham.

Hell if Tom Cruise and Keanu Reeves can be the best action stars in the world, The Rock should be able to do it too.

I'm not sure if its because he wants to be the safe guy or what...he should pick up some tips from his homie Mark Wahlberg. He manages to make solid action flicks.

Michael Jai and Statham aren't big enough stars to be action stars. I'm going to have to go with Will Smith if we are talking Stallone and Arnold which was pretty much the barometor for an action star. My top 3 of all time are

1.Will
2.Wesley Snipes
3.Bruce Willis

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Different era
Majority movies now are either pure trash or recycled ass remakes
Both those movies you mentioned for Arnold and Stallion were original IP that defined their eras
Rock had a few of those but they were obvious trash money grabs like that Andreas movie or that skyscraper one

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I'd rather watch the Jumanji with Robin Williams
I agree, I don’t think The Rock makes good movies, but he’s had to find a very narrow lane and stick to it, since he’s not a cac with European good looks, so it’s still extremely impressive how well he’s done. I’m sure he would like to do better films, but most of his money comes from overseas so the films have to be bland enough to appeal to a worldwide audience, which is why they suck.