Star once tried to bring light to hispanics using the N word in hip hop but it went under the radar.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
U know black people got called the N word in other countries as well right? Look at Brazil for instance. All these places are manifestations of the trans Atlantic slave trade. Problem is alot of Hispanics are in denial or even flat out ignorant of their black heritage. This is where as I'm getting older. Me being a New Yorker and having no problem with them saying it when I was young cause I was raised around it. I look at them with the side eye now cause some of em be on some racist, self hating shyt but drop the n word more than black people do. Also there's plenty of afro Latinos that recognized themselves as black in the civil rights movement being that black was black to them racist ass crackas. They didnt give a fukk what ur "heritage" was. Like I said before. My problem with alotta Hispanics now is that they deny their African heritage but drop nikka left n right. To the ones who ain't in denial such as Merlin Santana, Garrett Morris, Faizon Love , etc etc. Its fine wit me. And I call Star a hypocrite cause he is. The "African american" argument is a slippery slope cause where does it end? Jamaicans, Trini's, Haitian's, Africans etc etc. Would have no right to use it either.
this is technically correct

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I always thought J. Lo sounded corny when she said it though, like you can tell that shyt wasn't natural coming from her :yeshrug:

this. blame corny ass Ja Rule for writing the song and giving it to her knowing she'd sound like an idiot but also seeing the record would be a hit anyway

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
Yes they can. Being that Puerto Rico is a slave drop off point. What I'm saying is. The only people who can shyt on Hispanic people for using it. Is full black people. Or non full black people who dont use it either. U cant be literally half white and say nikka a million times while sounding like a 50 year old Italian but try to turn around and shyt on Hispanics that use it. When some of them have more African lineage than he does. Specifically Afro Latinos/Latinas.
So Puerto Rican mulattoes can say nikka but American mulattoes can't?:mjpls:

drugxglory

Street Struck
Daps
Reppin
CALiFORNiA
I remember he was telling a story back when he had his show Shot 97 on youtube, nikka said him and some other nikkaz was tryna sell flour as coke to some puerto ricans dudes and said "They tied a rope around my throat....and the big ass spic threw me out 3rd story window,..*FLOM!*..."
:russ::deadrose:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The "African american" argument is a slippery slope cause where does it end? Jamaicans, Trini's, Haitian's, Africans etc etc. Would have no right to use it either.

LOL. We talking about JLOs influence being that she's an international star. Who are the popular Jamacians, Trinis, Africans with pop songs using the N word? The N word isnt evn that popular in dancehall... Michael Blackson is like the only popular African in urban culture who uses the N word.

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
nikkas in here using mental trigonometry to justify allowing some white ass latinos call them a nikka :russ:

And of course it's you goofy NEW YORKERS at the forefront of this foolishness :snoop:

It's really a predominately coastal issue (we got it bad here in cali too) but you NEW YORK nikkas are the biggest pussies when it comes to this issue :scust:

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did Star raise the issue when Big Pun or Fat Joe said it, on more than one occasion? :jada2:

J.Lo is an easy target. Star has become a lame over the years, starving for attention. His gimmick was nice until he overdid it...

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
LOL. We talking about JLOs influence being that she's an international star. Who are the popular Jamacians, Trinis, Africans with pop songs using the N word? The N word isnt evn that popular in dancehall... Michael Blackson is like the only popular African in urban culture who uses the N word.

jlo was using the term in the american market w/american "urban" music. There are tons of west indians and africans who use that term within the american market and "urban" american music.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t appreciate it personally. Would does cardi or fat joe get offended when a brotha says spic?

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
jlo was using the term in the american market w/american "urban" music. There are tons of west indians and africans who use that term within the american market and "urban" american music.

If we talking international like jlo i take it back...Nicki Minaj is Trini and she uses it. Can u name 5 on that jlo / nicki Minaj level?

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
If we talking international like jlo i take it back...Nicki Minaj is Trini and she uses it. Can u name 5 on that jlo / nicki Minaj level?

rihanna
biggie
akon (when he made music)
busta (not jlo/nicki level but was once real popular)
wale (not jlo/nicki level but people know who he is)

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
if u heard him speak without seeing him u would think he was a straight up white dude.

You're a Coli OG, so I'm not gonna disrespect you....but breh, c'mon. Dialect isn't simply a product of race.