Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Official Thread)

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rogue One was piff because it was something different. Something refreshing. And sadly because of how they marketed it, I didn't see it in theaters :snoop:

I thought they was going to do a clone wars movie and focus on Vader but that ship has sailed and all my hopes with it.

This movie teases the Knights of Ren, but They will probably get 10 minutes of screen time if that. And I was never a fan of Rey and how the presented her. shyt is wack. Snoke had potential then they kill him off. And Kylo Ren taking off the mask, coupled with how they portrayed Luke, basically makes star wars fans look like mindless sheep the way they are getting hype over a trailer that shows nothing.

Even Lucas had some direction, I bet he regrets selling to Disney. It’s like giving a spoiled brat a Lamborghini and watching him do donuts on it until the engine catches on fire

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Wise cracks? Almost everything he says in ROTJ is a :whew::ufdup: quotable

In the prequels he’s cheesing it up, making Jim Carrey faces, and falling over tables

Yeah but in Return Of The Jedi he was pretty dramatic too. Its not like hes a character with depth, hes basically pure evil distilled into one old ballsack faced geezer so seeing him go nuts in the prequels was a lot of fun.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
yep. he had a thing for his fembot

Femputer.

15fQ.gif

tumblr_mry5lfVr7r1qz8x31o2_500.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I will never understand the obsession with Star Wars. It has the worst track record of any franchise in history. The last objectively good movies were damn near 40 years ago. The prequels were ass. "Rogue One" was dope. "Solo" flopped. And this new trilogy hasn't been good, at all.

The only real life preserver they had was the EU, which isn't even canon any more.

And what's crazy is most fans I talk to openly admit all this. And still don't care. They'll say some shyt like "yeah....I mean, the last 5-6 movies were mediocre at best....but did you see the new trailer?!"

Just complete and utter delusion.

Fred.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Even Lucas had some direction, I bet he regrets selling to Disney. It’s like giving a spoiled brat a Lamborghini and watching him do donuts on it until the engine catches on fire

76fDYWv.jpg

I remember watching the Disney/Lucasfilm contract signing and thinking, "George just made $4 billion dollars and he looks like someone shot his dog. :francis:"

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I will never understand the obsession with Star Wars. It has the worst track record of any franchise in history. The last objectively good movies were damn near 40 years ago. The prequels were ass. "Rogue One" was dope. "Solo" flopped. And this new trilogy hasn't been good, at all.

The only real life preserver they had was the EU, which isn't even canon any more.

And what's crazy is most fans I talk to openly admit all this. And still don't care. They'll say some shyt like "yeah....I mean, the last 5-6 movies were mediocre at best....but did you see the new trailer?!"

Just complete and utter delusion.

Fred.

I guess that just shows you how legendary the original trilogy is but also much of this Star Wars obsession came through the EU and shyt like the comics and the video games so I can kind of see why it's so ingrained in the culture...

It's true though that outside of Rogue one and I guess TFA because it ripped off A New Hope and had all the nostalgia beats there hasn't been much in the way of good movie making.

People to this day argue with me about Revenge of the Sith. They swear that's a great movie, I don't see it that way. It's okay, it has it's moments but I wouldn't say great, it's because there's nothing to love about Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones outside of Darth Maul who was dope as fukk and they killed off, now brought back but I digress.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I guess that just shows you how legendary the original trilogy is but also much of this Star Wars obsession came through the EU and shyt like the comics and the video games so I can kind of see why it's so ingrained in the culture...

It's true though that outside of Rogue one and I guess TFA because it ripped off A New Hope and had all the nostalgia beats there hasn't been much in the way of good movie making.

People to this day argue with me about Revenge of the Sith. They swear that's a great movie, I don't see it that way. It's okay, it has it's moments but I wouldn't say great, it's because there's nothing to love about Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones outside of Darth Maul who was dope as fukk and they killed off, now brought back but I digress.

I'm older than most of this board (42) so I fully understand the respect the original trilogy commands.

But like I said....that was damn near 40 years ago.

And I get the hype about the video games and EU but #1 people are hyped for Star Wars movies completely separate from all that and #2 the EU isn't even canon any more.

I mean....if they announced a dope looking Star Wars game tomorrow, I'd check it out. But I'd still have zero interest in the next movie.

As far as "Revenge Of The Stih"....the reason people overrate it is because it was the only movie from that trilogy that wasn't completely awful. It had some good parts to it. But yeah....it's not objectively a good movie.

Fred.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
The popularity of Star Wars can be explained by....people liking the damn movies. There is no mystery. There are two big misconceptions people make:

- Original Trilogy was universally liked
- Prequel Trilogy was universally disliked

People don't support franchises/movies they don't like, it just doesn't happen and we saw that with Solo. Star Wars isn't exempt.

Plus it's a generational thing, I'm a late 80's baby and most people I knew fukked with the prequels way more than the OG's. The Clone Wars wasn't popular because people like the OG's, it owes everything to the prequels. People don't cosplay Prequel/Sequel outfits if they don't like the movies.

I'm not a big fan of Episodes 7/8 but I understand the newer generations will look to those as their Star Wars and that's dope to me :yeshrug:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The popularity of Star Wars can be explained by....people liking the damn movies. There is no mystery. There are two big misconceptions people make:

- Original Trilogy was universally liked
- Prequel Trilogy was universally disliked

People don't support franchises/movies they don't like, it just doesn't happen and we saw that with Solo. Star Wars isn't exempt.

Plus it's a generational thing, I'm a late 80's baby and most people I knew fukked with the prequels way more than the OG's. The Clone Wars wasn't popular because people like the OG's, it owes everything to the prequels. People don't cosplay Prequel/Sequel outfits if they don't like the movies.

I'm not a big fan of Episodes 7/8 but I understand the newer generations will look to those as their Star Wars and that's dope to me :yeshrug:

OT/EU/Comics/Video Games/Cartoons/Toys = Generation X (We are the Foundation of the franchise, we are the reason you are still watching Star Wars movies today. The Money Lucas generated from what Generation X'ers spent and are still spending on Star Wars will never be matched.)
PT= Millennials - Generation Y (This was 90's babies true Intro to the Franchise.)
ST = Generation Z (2000's Babies)

Co-sign what you said. Star Wars is literally a multi-generational franchise. And again, it started on the Big Screen first, not a comic or television show or even book. The Issues I see is people think the Star Wars movies "They" personally love are the standard. We all have opinions but What I learned is like you said, it's more Generational. I never got mad at people who liked the Prequels and I'm not gettin mad at the Youngins who like the Disney versions. With that said, The Original Trilogy is considered the HOLY GRAIL of Star Wars for it's revolutionary impact on cinema. And yes you had to be there to understand. Long after they were out of theaters, 70's and 80's babies watched them on television and VHS constantly. To the point Lucas made Ewoks Spin Off Movies and Cartoons along with R2 and 3PO cartoons back in the 80's.

I think that's the difference. The OT ended in 83, "Menace" didn't drop until 99. That was 16 years of watching them over and over again. Not to mention the "Special Edition" of the OT. Which all 3 were a Box Office Success in the 90's. Ask yourself, could any of these "So Called" Blockbusters today be re-released and still breaking 100 Million? Star Wars did it twice with "A New Hope" and "Phantom Menace". You may not have grown up with the originals but there isn't any Prequels, Sequels or Clone Wars without the Original Trilogy. Even the Spin Offs still tied to the original Trilogy. "Rogue One" was basically a love letter to "A New Hope" just like "Awakens" Was. "Solo" also had "A New Hope" and "Empire" Aesthetics. Overall the series have been far from perfect but the reason for its popularity is people love each Episode for different reasons.

Last edited:

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Rogue One was pretty great. Very dark.

Revenge Of The Sith was super dark as well. The prequels are cool imo but mixed, they have some cool shyt in them but also cringey scenes that threaten to deflate the whole movies.