Stephen A. Smith says Devin Booker wants to go to New York Knicks

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Maybe it does.

I agree that it would take too much from an already "scrappy/sum of the parts" team to get Booker, but always looking for a bargain or trying to get less out of more holds certain teams back. This isn't the St. Louis Knicks to worry about paying value to a Top 15/20 player.

Sometimes the answer is that simple. And I've spoken on this before but it seems as NY teams usually are always the ones to complicate the answer more than not.

I think with the implementation of the second apron rules, every team regardless of market will have to think of the larger picture

Brunson is about to get bumped to the max, OG’s gonna get a big salary increase as well.

Let’s say this summer they packaged DiVincenzo, Randle, McBride and Sims for Booker.

How much does that really increase their title chances? :ld:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I think with the implementation of the second apron rules, every team regardless of market will have to think of the larger picture

Brunson is about to get bumped to the max, OG’s gonna get a big salary increase as well.

Let’s say this summer they packaged DiVincenzo, Randle, McBride and Sims for Booker.

How much does that really increase their title chances? :ld:
Brunson's payday won't be applicable till 2026. Right now he's on the most valuable deal we've seen outside of 2013-17 Curry.

No, because giving up Randle defeats the purpose. I already conceded that a trade package for Booker would be too much, but that's a talent issue, not a money issue.

Again, this is not the St. Louis Knicks. Dolan can deal with the tax apron for 2-3 years if winning is important enough. If he's not going to find a sleeper turned All-Star in the draft, an infusion of talent would have to be made.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
No thank you
Knicks already have their ball dominant score first guard in Brunson, I don't like the pairing
It's not exactly 1:1 with Donovan Mitchell since Booker is much taller but they're both still score first high usage guards regardless
It's something that looks good on paper but fit >>>>>>>>

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
No thank you
Knicks already have their ball dominant score first guard in Brunson, I don't like the pairing
It's not exactly 1:1 with Donovan Mitchell since Booker is much taller but they're both still score first high usage guards regardless
It's something that looks good on paper but fit >>>>>>>>
A big part of Booker's ball dominance is the fact the Suns played 2K and don't have a point guard. Score first or not Brunson is a point guard. The fit isn't as bad as you think.

But if this is real Booker can come to South Beach and learn from Jimmy :mjlit:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
I'm not even as critical of Book as others, I think he can absolutely be the 2nd option on a title team and I'm still impressed by how he and KD pushed Denver to 6 last year. That said - him and Thibs feel very much like oil & water, just don't see him meshing with coach or the nova boys culture.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Um hell no. Booker is a 2nd/3rd option on a championship team.:heh: Brunson is nice obviously but we’re not winning a title with a 6’2” PG as the 1st option. We need to get a real franchise, MVP caliber player and slide Brunson over to the 2nd option slot. Booker is not that.