Struggle hairline Benny The Butcher says 'Give Drake his flowers' šŸŒ¼šŸŒ¼

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
His comment about Drake playing his position and putting rappers on is right though. That's why I'll always respect Drake ten times more than Meek Mill dusty-ass who never put anyone on. If Ross, French, Gotti and Drake can put rappers on, why couldn't Meek sign Philly rappers? Maybe sign DMV rappers too which is next door and he was labelmates with Fat Trel already. All the regional independent GOATs are also people who put rappers on.

On the other hand, Drake has lately been pushing industry plants like 4Batz and Sexyy Red on behalf of Gamma and Apple Music and that's not been good for the culture at all. Even putting 21 Savage on such a big level was detrimental. Him and Amber Rose were the ones that pushed the Slut Walk bullshyt onto Hip-Hop and onto all the kids who listened to him. Now fast forward to today, even the youngest kids and teachers are reciting Sexyy Red lyrics like that's acceptable?!!

Drake doesn't mess with hip hop websites and radio anymore, but he appeared on a total outsider and newcomer Bobbi Althoff's podcast because they're both signed to WME-IMG (now Endeavor), the world's largest talent agency. All of Bobbi's immediate guests after him were also Endeavor clients.

UbchWcC.jpeg

@Sad Bunny @LevelUp @jensyao @EastsideRio @KingsOfKings @Standing on business @QU Hectic @BK The Great @thernbroom @Buckeye Fever @Roxx the King @THE 101 @Street Knowledge

Drake was on ā€œOn The Radarā€ though.

Rappers of his stature ainā€™t going up there. Thatā€™s my issue with Kendrick him participating more in the game would help hip hop.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Benny sounds exactly like the battle rappers who are supposedly of the culture, but are oddly, emphatically caping for Drake :patrice:

Itā€™s no coincidence why. They have access to a future billionaire. They can and probably have wrote songs for him that will change their life and their whole familyā€™s life.

10 years from now they want to be King Los awkwardly ducking paparazzi pics taking walks with Drake

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
None of these guys are genuine, lol. They all know Drake is and always was one of the corniest things that ever came out of hip hop...they know he oozes corniness...but they still act oblivious because they want a possible feature from him. Sad.

Aint no way it took for Kendrick spanking him for everybody to just now suddenly realize this guy is Malbu's Most Wanted status and corny...how couldn't yall see/hear that from the jump? Lol, smh.

straightcash

All Star
Daps
Feel like Benny was shytting on Drake during the Pusha beef. Only heard him vocally praise him once he started to blow up.
Griselda never had a straight-forward blow up. Eminem signed them in 2017 and they blew up that way.

As far as the Boom Bap scene is concerned, Griselda was a crew that nobody paid attention to. They started rapping in the early-2000s and even I never knew they existed until the mid-2010s iirc!! I would actually like the rest of the scene to get their due attention the way Benny and Conway have been getting since then.

He technically put them on by paying them to write for him. Lol.
Drake dont even put the ppl at his label on

This the stupidest shyt I ever read
Drake does collab with a lot of rappers from multiple countries and he puts rappers on that way. That's a fact. :heh:

I personally fw a bunch of Toronto rappers, and many of them got their break from Drake whether that was from Drake taking them on tour, or remixing their song, or shouting them out in a song, or posting them on his IG. Even that shyt helped them become locally famous and get some buzz overseas. Drake does take advantage of some artists too, like Mo-G infamously.

Drake hops on records with new artists who already have a song with a city/regional buzz and makes it national hit. Then the artist usually fades away a few months or years later.
That's still better than not putting anybody on, like Meek Mill or Nicki Minaj. They went the opposite strategy of actively blackballing artists in the Philly and Female categories.

Fortunately, their influence is a shell of its former self now. First Remy Ma broke down Nicki's doors, and then years later now Meek done for good.:ohlawd:

Last edited:

straightcash

All Star
Daps
Where do y'all keep getting this 21 Savage shyt from

21 Savage was huge years before him and Drake ever did anything. Nikka has multiple hits

That's not what I said, goofy.:why:
21 Savage blew up on his own, but the Drake stimulus made him bigger and continues to keep him relevant. My complaint is about the negative and nasty influence 21 Savage has had on the culture and Drake partly bears responsibility.

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's not what I said, goofy.:why:
21 Savage blew up on his own, but the Drake stimulus made him bigger and continues to keep him relevant. My complaint is about the negative and nasty influence 21 Savage has had on the culture and Drake partly bears responsibility.
But it's not true

None of his songs with Drake are bigger than Bank Account or A Lot